2021 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2021 Draft Thread

Hi Spook,

Love to have a beer with you one day mate. Reckon I agree with almost every post of yours re: draft and trading.

Mids and mids with the 1st two picks for me too. If anything, I'd try my darndest to get Pick 3 from GCS to guarantee Ward (although I really rate Sinn as posted before). Bazzo in the 20s was what I am hoping for also, am a fan. Wouldn't pick a tall in the top 10.

Reckon the only 2 clubs with a pick in the top 15 that can afford to 'reach' for a tall is GWS (overflowing with mids and HBFers on their list; I mean what luxury to play Taranto as a forward b/c he cant get into the midfield) or GCS with 3 - but even then, I wouldn't do that.
Cheers, bob. Come to a C&C gathering one day and we'll have an ale. You'll get the added benefit of a free Punch and Judy show if Leysy and Tim are there.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
We should end up with 4 picks inside the top 25 I would think for this draft, so maybe we can keep everyone happy.

FWIW I think best available for at least the 1st 2 and suspect we really want Ward, so may need to get upto the GCS pick. If they want to split it, would we consider Pick 3 for 15 and 17 (assuming we get 17 from the Dogs)? Or is that too much.
I doubt they would give it up for anything less than that unfortunately. Ward is still my first choice so really hoping we get him somehow.

Reactions: 1 users
They're certainly not listening to PRE. Blair tells me that every time he rings to ask my opinion. :p

I wouldn't be giving away draft capital for a defender. Bazzo should be there at one of our 20s picks.
As long as Blair is talking to you Scoop and not that nuffie spook. That poster has nfi :rotfl2 :peepwall

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Adelaide are still a chance to trade out to split #4 and get Dawson. That nets us Ward.

My guess is that Gold Coast take Gibcus.
I can't see why they want to trade #3 unless they are planning on picking a ruck ie Conway and he is way too big of a reach at 3

They're certainly not listening to PRE. Blair tells me that every time he rings to ask my opinion. :p

I wouldn't be giving away draft capital for a defender. Bazzo should be there at one of our 20s picks.
Agree on Bazzo in the 15-25 mark. He might just be gone by ours though.

Its why we should be pushing for the Dogs 17 and North 20

Yeah, but Darcy's unavailable and Gibcus probably too. You could argue Gibcus and Amiss are rising because of a lack of talls.

I'm not writing them off. I want to see more, that's all.
Gibcus has been top 5 all year, if anything he's dropping slightly.

Amiss's CV warrants the rise. I think the quality of talls is about right and there will be some very good AFL players from the first thirty.

Like most years.

Reactions: 3 users
Joel Trugdeon from the Knights is worth a look. Leader, hard worker, gets the ball, unsure what he testing history is, but is definitely worth a closer look once we get past our first few picks.
I like your boy The Trudge. Just finished watching another Knights game where Ward only just pips him for BOG. Like Ward, he doesn’t stop getting from one contest to another to another. Good contested, heavy traffic player. Downsides however are his disposal by foot at times, and like Ward, he lacks a bit of leg speed. Tough as nails though. Just keeps getting into everything.

No Combine invite.

I like your boy The Trudge. Just finished watching another Knights game where Ward only just pips him for BOG. Like Ward, he doesn’t stop getting from one contest to another to another. Good contested, heavy traffic player. Downsides however are his disposal by foot at times, and like Ward, he lacks a bit of leg speed. Tough as nails though. Just keeps getting into everything.

No Combine invite.

Reckon they will blow out the numbers for the state combines now the national has been canceled. The Trudge will get a ticket.

My personal top 10
1 Daicos.
2 Horn -francis
3 Finn Callaghan.
4 Josh Ward.
5 Sonsie.
6 Neil Erasmus.
7 Josh Rachelle.
8 Darcy.
9 Gibcus.
10 Jye Amiss.

U mean dictator excrement Andrews.
Its hard for Andrews to open up when their is a bunch of sycco halfwits running around infecting everyone.

If they were all vaccinated then we'd be watching the GF down the pub if not at the G itself.

• Dislike
Reactions: 12 users
Doing more Jacob Van Rooyen research. Key points.

- no preseason with Glandular fever
-played WAFL, went back to Colts has been dominant
- swung into defence at state level, has stared
-kicked 30.14 in 8 colts games
- staring in finals, 4.4 in a final last week.
-finishing off year in super strong form

Testing results pending, I can’t see how he isn’t a top 15 pick. I see top 10.

Reactions: 5 users

Is he Peter Van den Hoogenband's brother??

Is he Paul Vanders Haar's brother??

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

I prefer Todd Elton.
He won’t cost us much

West Coast at pick 10.

The WAFL Colts is a pretty average standard. Compared to the NAB League there isn’t really a comparison. If you want evidence of it, go watch the WAFL Colts semi final from the weekend between East Perth and East Fremantle. The Royals had Amiss playing and the Sharks had 8 WA reps.

The standard was terrible.

I’ve watched truckloads of Colts games and I reckon be a bit wary of both the SANFL and WAFL players, at least where the deeper candidates are concerned. Victoria still has the vast majority of the best players in this Draft.

Reactions: 6 users