2021 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2021 Draft Thread

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Can confirm now that Tylar Young from North Albury was the dark horse player I mentioned a few times in here that we were looking at as a roughie. Close to being a rookie selection.

He played on Saturday in the intra club. Number 43 in the yellow.

He played for Frankston last year mostly at CHB. The view is he could be another Noah Balta type. Tall, strong, athletic and can play CHB or CHF.

He’s only been playing seriously for a few years after giving soccer away - which he’s also pretty good at.

We’ve snuck him onto our VFL list. Will be interesting to see how he goes.

Reactions: 11 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Can confirm now that Tylar Young from North Albury was the dark horse player I mentioned a few times in here that we were looking at as a roughie. Close to being a rookie selection.

He played for Frankston last year mostly at CHB. The view is he could be another Noah Balta type. Tall, strong, athletic and can play CHB or CHF.

He’s only been playing seriously for a few years after giving soccer away - which he’s also pretty good at.

That's the guy I mistook for Balta in one play, @Tigers of Old

Athletic unit

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne

He's nailed on to be taken by the Drugs in the mid season draft then if he does well.

• Angry

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne

Watch

Next minute Bombers take him in the mid season draft

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
All 3 of the new recruits showed they were comfortable at the level

Very very happy we selected Gibcus with our 1st selection and Brown also looks like he has played 50 games with his confidence and Sonsie could be the steal of the draft.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
At the risk of starting a hysterical beatup and netstorm by blowhards, has anyone tracked the progress of Ben Hobbs at Essendon?

Bomberblitz comment "got some good ball, did some good things, some bad things, but a good first up effort" and "I thought he went pretty well for his first game. Knew where to be and made good decisions"

I'm rapt we have Gibcus, good choice for list balance and he has potential. But I was hoping against hope that Hobbs slid past the bombers.

code yellow and black

Tiger Rookie
Sep 21, 2014
At the risk of starting a hysterical beatup and netstorm by blowhards, has anyone tracked the progress of Ben Hobbs at Essendon?

Bomberblitz comment "got some good ball, did some good things, some bad things, but a good first up effort" and "I thought he went pretty well for his first game. Knew where to be and made good decisions"

I'm rapt we have Gibcus, good choice for list balance and he has potential. But I was hoping against hope that Hobbs slid past the bombers.
No but I read a media article that suggested Hobbs disposal during Essendon practice match was poor

Reactions: 1 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Yeah I watched him. He bungled a couple of kicks but he was involved in quite a bit of the play when he came on.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Essendon fans seem very happy with him.

We still need a Hobbs type this year.

But I’m still pro Gibcus, it was the right call.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Essendon fans seem very happy with him.

We still need a Hobbs type this year.

But I’m still pro Gibcus, it was the right call.
Agreed, it was the best approach.
With hindsight the alternative was to pick Hobbs and then Bazzo at a later pick. Gibcus more athletic than Baz.
It will be interesting to watch their careers

Don't know how We get a big mid with what will be pick 18!

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Agreed, it was the best approach.
With hindsight the alternative was to pick Hobbs and then Bazzo at a later pick. Gibcus more athletic than Baz.
It will be interesting to watch their careers

Don't know how We get a big mid with what will be pick 18!

By trading

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Is Marcus Ashcroft's son Will the potential number 1 pick for 2022 draft?

Last edited:

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
He probably won’t get drafted but I like Jack Hayes from Woodville West Torrens, great hands, versatile (switches between forward and back, sometimes ruck), averages a goal a game, 20 touches for a KP player and 7 marks. 25 going into ‘22.
I didn’t think Hayes would get drafted due to his age and being overlooked for so many years but he got his chance last night and starred for the Saints, 10 kicks, 8 handballs, 89% DE, 10 marks, 3 goals and 127 SC points. Great stuff.

Reactions: 5 users