2021 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2021 Draft Thread

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I am still ok with how both are tracking. Like them at the drafts, not sure they reach the heights I thought they would tho. Every time I see Hobbs I think he should’ve played more. Wards pace a concern for me.
Hobbs is averaging 17 possessions a game in the early doors of his 3rd year and with a nice mix of inside and out and efficiency.

That’s ok for a 20 year old playing for Arsendon.

Reactions: 1 user

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
U have a guy like Guthrie from Geelong who became a elite mid in his late 20s,not unlike Shane Edwards.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Is anyone confident that Mitchell knows what he’s doing with that club, their game plan and their entire list (not just Ward and Butler) at the moment though ?
they'd want to hope so given he was "the messiah" appointment, they even shafted Clarkson a yr early to get him in. They have just 2 picks in this yrs Draft, good luck with that. At this point it's going about as well as any succession plan does.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Only that spoilt brat Cornhole does. Seems to be in love with him.
Of course he is, he appears on his fri morning show. No1 else would bother with that muppet. Tho he should focus on his own backyard before whacking everyone else's mob, they have the least Draft pts having spent it on that backline, now a suddenly forgotten topic...

Reactions: 1 users

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Re Ward and Hobbs. ILHO both OK players as they looked in their draft year.

That's just it though - just OK.

Smallish, slowish midfielders that battle hard but lack an elite quality. Pick them up late in drafts.

Reactions: 2 users

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Looking like a cracking draft the 2021 crop as well.

If you missed with a top 20 pick as a recruiter you were doing it wrong.

Compare it to 2020 which is looking like a near total bust.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Looking like a cracking draft the 2021 crop as well.

If you missed with a top 20 pick as a recruiter you were doing it wrong.

Compare it to 2020 which is looking like a near total bust.
2020. Shizen draft.
And we shifted out of it.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Hobbs is averaging 17 possessions a game in the early doors of his 3rd year and with a nice mix of inside and out and efficiency.

That’s ok for a 20 year old playing for Arsendon.
17 disposals in the Essendon midfield is typically worth about 12 at good clubs tho.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
17 disposals in the Essendon midfield is typically worth about 12 at good clubs tho.
Well, they are 3rd most for disposals in the league but GWS have the 2nd most disposals in the comp, Dogs 1st, Swans 6th etc so not sure thats an entirely supportable statement.

Unless you’re suggesting of course that the Giants, Dogs, Swans are no good also.

Last edited: