2021 mid season draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2021 mid season draft

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Josh Green is no good.
Think he showed in the VFL on the weekend that he's not quite up to it.

Not really sure what he is. Don't think he's a mid. Had a run in the ruck but too small for that. KPP possibly but not the best mark you would see.

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
Watched Norwood's Jackson Callow play he is still young and mobile for a big lad
I've seen a fair bit of the kid. Was really surprised he was overlooked at the draft. The AFL's recruiters can be a conservative lot but the boy offers plenty of upside. He's great in the contest so I think he fits the mould of a key forward at our club. Unfortunately, I think we've missed our chance.

Reactions: 1 user

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg
Callow has worked really hard on changing his body composition too since missing out, wont leave anything to chance. Good presence about him. I rate him.

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
I liked Callow from his highlights reel and Tasmanian to boot. We should always have a Tasmanian key tall in our forward line.

Last edited:

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
Callow was thought to be a huge kid amongst boys with not enough traits to trouble or make AFL.
All 18 clubs passed on him several times over 2 drafts.

daird

Tiger Cub
Aug 21, 2020
Doubt clubs are going to pass on him for a third time.
Agreed. He might not get picked up in the MSD, but if he doesn't then he will absolutely get picked up end of year in national or rookie draft.

The doubts that he only played well against kids half his size are now proven wrong, he's doing the same thing against grown men in the SANFL now. We need to take the punt on him.

Reactions: 3 users

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Not sure he will get to us.
I assume the pies would be interested.
Apparently they're into Stengle. Hopefully this is true, doubt it but with the Pies anything is possible albeit Ned Guy isn't there anymore

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
What's our requirements? We,re getting all our mids back by the MSD. A ruck? A tall back? Dunno.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
An old fashioned fat arsed, ball magnet centreman for mine.

Haiden Schloithe from South Freo could be your man. A little old (I think he is 27?), but has good speed and a damaging kick. Not sure why AFL clubs have not come knocking before.

Another player who might be an enticing proposition for us is South Freo KPD Blake Schlensog. Previously on the Cats list, but he is highly rated at WAFL level and he has been developing really well of late. 199cm 99 kg according to the WAFL official website.

Reactions: 2 users

eddazol

Tiger Superstar
Sep 22, 2014
Haiden Schloithe from South Freo could be your man. A little old (I think he is 27?), but has good speed and a damaging kick. Not sure why AFL clubs have not come knocking before.

Another player who might be an enticing proposition for us is South Freo KPD Blake Schlensog. Previously on the Cats list, but he is highly rated at WAFL level and he has been developing really well of late. 199cm 99 kg according to the WAFL official website.

A key position back would be handy.