2021 mid season draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2021 mid season draft

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
With Dimma's reluctance to play talls, very much doubt we'll choose one in the MSD.

Reckon we'll go for another runner or pressure forward

To me it is more a reluctance to play ruckmen. I think Dimma understands that we need KPDs and KPFs.

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I wonder if the injury to Lynch makes us reassess our MSD needs? If this Callow kid is any good not sure if he,ll last til pick 8 or 9.

eddazol

Tiger Superstar
Sep 22, 2014
I wonder if the injury to Lynch makes us reassess our MSD needs? If this Callow kid is any good not sure if he,ll last til pick 8 or 9.
Hopefully CCJ can fill the void He would still be worth looking at though.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Apparently we're interested in Sam Durham, who is with our VFL side.

Anyone who watches VFL regularly able to comment.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
For those thinking Tyrone Thorne, he has great skills but he is a very slight bodied midget.

At 169 cm and 58 kgs, he makes Ben Nason look like Plugger
Please, please, no more midgets. We have enough and have done really well with some, but cannot stand seeing Tiger sides so under-sized and under-weight. Getting knocked around by Lions flogs was enough forever AFAIAC.

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009

Not sure why that would be the case considering he's named on the bench in what is a depleted VFL side. "Sam Durham (17 disposals, three inside-50s, five marks)
"Sam is quickly developing into a very good player. He has worked hard to increase his knowledge of different roles. He played predominantly down back on the weekend and spent short periods of time on the wing. He showed good skills and he competed hard for us once again."" VFL Report: Round 6 https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/945168

Last edited:

Ripplestick

Tiger Champion
Jan 18, 2007
From one of the vfl games I saw a few weeks back, the thrashing from Werribee perhaps, I liked the look of Durham, stood up when others didn't.

Ripplestick

Tiger Champion
Jan 18, 2007
What sort of player is he? Medium back?
Closest to Vlaustin in size and style if had to compare to one of our current backmen. Thought he looked taller to be honest.

#64 Sam Durham

DOB- 9/7/2001, 184cm. 76kg

Community Club- Seymour (Goulburn Valley)

Reliable defender that is strong overhead. Workhorse on the training track and looking to make an impact in his debut state-league season.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003

from the one game I watched (v giants) he looks a great talent. and mentioned him in the game day thread. 20 years old 184cm. dashing half back with neat skills and can win the ball. may not make an impact this year but looks to have potential.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Closest to Vlaustin in size and style if had to compare to one of our current backmen. Thought he looked taller to be honest.

#64 Sam Durham

DOB- 9/7/2001, 184cm. 76kg

Community Club- Seymour (Goulburn Valley)

Reliable defender that is strong overhead. Workhorse on the training track and looking to make an impact in his debut state-league season.
I,d compare him to Jack Avery over in the west. Last year he played as undersized chb, sounds similar to Flossy.
This year is getting it by the truckload as an overage 19yo in the colts.

From knightmare on Espn
Jack Avery has continued his hot start to the season for Perth. A 190cm, ball winning midfielder with the versatility to play in defence and take intercept marks, Avery amassed match highs of 41 disposals and 13 marks for Perth.

Ripplestick

Tiger Champion
Jan 18, 2007
Two players we apparently have interest in.

SAM DURHAM
Midfielder
185cm/75kg
9/7/01
Richmond VFL

There are plenty of clubs considering Durham, who was first eligible for the draft in 2019. He has taken his game up a few notches this season playing for Richmond's VFL side, including a 23-disposal effort in round one against Sandringham. At a versatile size and shape, Durham has been linked to a number of clubs, including the Tigers, who now have a list spot available.

BLAKE SCHLENSOG
Key defender
199cm/99kg
25/9/00
South Fremantle

Cut by Geelong as a Category B rookie at the end of last year, the key position swingman arrived at South Fremantle on the advice of former teammate Tim Kelly. Has settled in defence at the Bulldogs with a 12-mark, 28-disposal match against East Perth an early highlight. Schlensog's strong early season form also saw him selected in the WAFL's state game against the SANFL in early May. Spent two seasons at the Cats across 2019-2020 without playing an AFL game but is said to have matured considerably in the last 12 months.

The article also mentions we're still monitoring Stengle.

Article list a total of 27 potential prospects.

* Can't recall if it's a sin to post AFL.com articles, mods please delete if necessary.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
The Schlong looks like the logical choice. He provides us with a very tall defensive player (we have Balta, Astbury and Grimes who are in the 193 - 195cm range and ask them to play on >2m players) and also looks like he can get the ball. What's his disposal accuracy like?

Reactions: 3 users

eddazol

Tiger Superstar
Sep 22, 2014
The Schlong looks like the logical choice. He provides us with a very tall defensive player (we have Balta, Astbury and Grimes who are in the 193 - 195cm range and ask them to play on >2m players) and also looks like he can get the ball. What's his disposal accuracy like?
If selected by Richmond he can join the team whilst we are over in the west.