2022 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2022 Draft Thread

Syz a surprise. The other two not.
Massive surprise.

As stated he was our captain at beacy every year from under 9’s. Won every beacy B&F and a several league B&F’s.

Captain every team/development squad/Stingrays etc..

I just don’t get it.

The only knock I can think of is he is a very friendly/polite quite kid with no ego at all…and gets by on skill all the time so has no real mongrel in him…maybe they see that as a flaw for AFL footy ??

Reactions: 4 users
This draft is leading me to assume that the Tigers have their feelerrs out for a Key Forward who is at another club right now, as there is no point drafting them after your senior Key Players leave.

Reactions: 7 users
Massive surprise.

As stated he was our captain at beacy every year from under 9’s. Won every beacy B&F and a several league B&F’s.

I just don’t get it.

The only knock I can think of is he is a very friendly/polite quite kid with no ego at all…and gets by on skill all the time so has no real mongrel in him…maybe they see that as a flaw for AFL footy ??

No doubt he will get rookied. Jack Ginnivan was in the same boat, expected to go in the 20-40 range and missed out until the rookie draft.

Reactions: 2 users
How could he have a crack at Matt? Blair traded the picks away and left Matt the weak hand.
Just watched the vision again. Clarke says something to him and he turns his head away with the phone in hand, looking a bit grumpy. Then he lightens up a bit after.

Reactions: 1 user
Massive surprise.

I just don’t get it.

Don’t worry BB. Big rookie chance.

We a losing Jack ,Tarrant , maybe Grimes in 2023, and I'm not hopeful Biggie and Colina make it either we needed a few developing.

Agility and speed!
Speed kills. And run. It was the foundation of our recent premierships. Both selections true to form.

National combine results:

Agility

7.072sec – Darcy Jones (WA)
8.182sec – Jaxon Binns (VIC C)
8.217sec – Elijah Hewett (WA)
8.247sec – Steely Green (WA)

2km Time Trial
5min 54sec – Ollie Hollands (VIC C)

5min 54sec – Jason Gillbee (ALLIES)
6min 00sec – Jaxon Binns (VIC C)
6min 03sec – Josh Weddle (VIC M)
6min 15sec – Reuben Ginbey (WA)
6min 16sec – Jakob Ryan (SA)
6min 17sec – Steely Green (WA)

WA State combine results:

20m sprint
Kaleb Smith (East Fremantle): 2.881 seconds

Baxter Philip (Perth): 2.911
Griff Julian (West Perth): 2.994

Agility
Toby McQuilkin (South Fremantle): 7.8 seconds
Baxter Philip (Perth): 7.871
Kaleb Smith (East Fremantle): 8.052

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
FWIW, I reckon we take either 1 or 2 rookie picks tomorrow and hold 1 or 2 spots open for the Pre season supplement period. If we don't pick up talls with the rookie picks, expect us to invite a few down for pre-season training for review for those last 1 or 2 list spots.
Or they are targeting a Key Forward from elsewhere.

Reactions: 1 users
Or they are targeting a Key Forward from elsewhere.
We might do both. Look for a FA / trade (someone linked us with Koschitzke from the Hawks at 1 point right) and also look at players in the supplemental period, its essentially a low risk option, don't like then, don't sign them. Like them, they get 1 year on the rookie list, so not a huge tie up if it doesn't work out.

Reckon outside of Cadman, GWS’s picks were average. Underwhelming effort for mine given all their picks.