2022 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2022 Draft Thread

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I dont mind the boys they have taken they look handy especially Greens kicking was very tidy.

Problem is we are soon to lose our key talls and need to start bringing some developing kids in.

Unless we are looking to pinch some from elsewhere/

No point drafting spuds either just cos they are tall I agree.

Reactions: 5 users

Berwick boy

Tiger Superstar
Apr 27, 2004
Don’t worry BB. Big rookie chance.
Yeah just spoke with his Mum (text) as she was our football manager for years.

Pretty shattered and flat over there. Hopefully tomorrow it sorts itself out as they are a fantastic family.

• Sad
Reactions: 9 users

RichoMan28

#GoTiges
Mar 21, 2010
I think we learnt with Elton, Griff, ect, that there was no point playing a bloke because he’s tall. Similar view to drafting.

Plus if they’re speculative it’d make more sense to rookie list rather than the guaranteed 2 year ND contract.

Reactions: 5 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
So for all the thinking n wishing for talls, we've drafted a couple of Colonwood six footers, whooo yay.

Gunna keep my fingers crossed for that Steely kid, seems to have an excellent footy back ground. Already played seniors at South Frockers, Maurice n Marlion both played there. Junior at Pingelly, which is just down the road from Lake Grace where a couple of talents like Bakes, Bairstow n Fyfe hail from. Not much out that way besides good footballers.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
Massive surprise.

As stated he was our captain at beacy every year from under 9’s. Won every beacy B&F and a several league B&F’s.

Captain every team/development squad/Stingrays etc..

I just don’t get it.

The only knock I can think of is he is a very friendly/polite quite kid with no ego at all…and gets by on skill all the time so has no real mongrel in him…maybe they see that as a flaw for AFL footy ??
A certainty in rookie

Reactions: 1 user

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Take that midfield kid with the Polish surname; you know the one without any vowels.

It’ll be worth it just too see if the cheer squad gets the spelling right on the banner for his 50th game.
Mitch Sibba- AFL Academy, rated top 10 early in the year. Aside from his post COVID lapse he had a great year at Dandy, Caulfield Grammar and Vic Country. Not overly quick but moves well in traffic. I don’t get it

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Yeah just spoke with his Mum (text) as she was our football manager for years.

Pretty shattered and flat over there. Hopefully tomorrow it sorts itself out as they are a fantastic family.
Has he had enough interest/talks with clubs to suggest a good enough chance tomorrow BB ? Surely he has ?

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
They are still traumatised by Vickery, McBean & Griffens.

There's no chance they will ever draft anyone taller then 190cms

Reactions: 2 users

Berwick boy

Tiger Superstar
Apr 27, 2004
Has he had enough interest/talks with clubs to suggest a good enough chance tomorrow BB ? Surely he has ?
Didn’t ask to many questions RF…kept it quick and polite as I know how bad they would be feeling (as a lot of other kids are no doubt) and I’m sure they will be getting smashed by texts.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Who is the junior Shifter on Fox footy? Confirmed he is clueless when he said the Harvey family are terrific people.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Are they both packing for the airport yet ? Red eye to Melbourne leaves in a bit over 3 hours. Training starts at 8am.

• Haha

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Hmmm, interesting picks, certainly not how I expected things to pan out but good luck to Steely & Caleb.