2022 - March to the finals | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2022 - March to the finals

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
A Tiges V Lions elimination final is looking good, we'll murder the bums.

Go Pies and Dockers.

So it seems it will either be either a Brisbane elimination final in Brissie or Collingwood at the G if they lose to Carlton assuming Freo and Tiges win.

Reactions: 1 users

Tames

Tiger Superstar
Apr 3, 2005
Melbourne
So it seems it will either be either a Brisbane elimination final in Brissie or Collingwood at the G if they lose to Carlton assuming Freo and Tiges win.

Think I'd still rather Collingwood at the G than to travel to Bris. Despite tonights loss, they do have an excellent record there.

Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Think I'd still rather Collingwood at the G than to travel to Bris. Despite tonights loss, they do have an excellent record there.
At least if we play the Pies i can wander to the G to watch as I won't be travelling to Brisbane.

Reactions: 2 users

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
Tigers v Pies elim final at G. Yes please. Revenge for prelim. Wowee gee whizz, what a massive game. Sell out at finals tickets prices

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
We couldn’t beat Brisbane up there in 2020 with a dominant Dusty.

Despite their fragility I don’t relish playing them up there.

Especially without Grimes to put on Cameron.

Mansell would need to be called up and play the game of his life.

Bakes could do it but we like to free him up a bit and Mansell is better in the air.

Nah. Collingwood please.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016

Bakes could do it but we like to free him up a bit and Mansell is better in the air.

Nah. Collingwood please.
One of the most biased displays of umpiring in the history of the game lost us that game.

Rioli will hand the broken down motorbike his ass and helmet after the game

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Tigers v Pies elim final at G. Yes please. Revenge for prelim. Wowee gee whizz, what a massive game. Sell out at finals tickets prices
Yeah, that would be great.

I'm conflicted though, while i'm confident we win, the thought that we don't.............I'd rather we lose to the Dockers than the Filth.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
One of the most biased displays of umpiring in the history of the game lost us that game.

Rioli will hand the broken down motorbike his ass and helmet after the game

Exactly. That’s why I worry about week 1 interstate. You still have 8/18ths of the umpires and I reckon only about 4/18ths are really good.

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
ill take Collingwood at the G trying to get flights & Tickets to Brisbane would be near impossible

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Beating the Pies would be better than beating the Lions.
Losing to the Lions much better than losing to the Pies.

Reactions: 3 users

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015

Nah. Collingwood please.
Charlie freaks out when he has an opponent he knows can match or beat him and ends beating himself. Bit like the nervousness you see in one Patrick Gonemissingafield

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
If we had to play our first final interstate I want it to be Freo.

Go GWS!
No way. Going across the other side of the country, 50,000 Freo fans playing in their first final in years going off their brain. Couldn’t beat them in Melbourne.

Easily the least desirable outcome. Easily.

Tass

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 3, 2005
No way. Going across the other side of the country, 50,000 Freo fans playing in their first final in years going off their brain. Couldn’t beat them in Melbourne.

Disagree. We play the Optus ground quite well and we also match up well against Freo. In fact, I’d much rather we play Freo at Optus as opposed to Marvel stadium TBH.

Reactions: 4 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007

You could look at it the other way. Massive expectations. No finals experience. Overawed.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
You could look at it the other way. Massive expectations. No finals experience. Overawed.
Reckon you’ve been on that special herb birthday cake with Hooch Hardwick Frehley. Might have to change your name to Toking Bases !

Not saying we can’t win/lose playing anyone anywhere, but Freo in Perth is the least desirable outcome, easily. Geez they don’t even use toilet paper over there do they ? Place stinks. Literally.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Disagree. We play the Optus ground quite well and we also match up well against Freo. In fact, I’d much rather we play Freo at Optus as opposed to Marvel stadium TBH.
Nah. No way. Not for me. Blandbane we lost in the 2020 QF up there and round 10 last year, but prior to that we beat them in the QF and won something like the previous 4 or 5 against them at the Gabba.

Blandbane are a disaster right now.

We didn’t match up well enough against Freo a few weeks ago in Melbourne to get a win. And they beat us the time before that as well.

Could still beat them for sure. But 50,000 fans. Other side of the country. Couldn’t beat them in Melbourne last time = Least desirable outcome for me, easily.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012

not a chance. you have this the wrong way round.

brisbane can hurt us with their forward line. fremantle cannot.

we play very well over there in WA. we love the trip and are in much better form since we played Freo.

we score heavily on the firmer surface too.

easily the team I would like to face in an EF.