2023 Draft Thread. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2023 Draft Thread.

SANFL FORWARD ON THE MSD RADAR

Noah Casalini emerging as a potential option for clubs

Casalini has since garnered a host of interest among clubs with free list spots, continuing an impressive run of form by winning the Bob Quinn Medal for best on ground in North Adelaide's Anzac Day victory over Norwood.

The 21-year-old Casalini, who is a 191cm marking forward, kicked six goals from 18 disposals and 10 marks in a dominant display to further enhance his credentials as a potential mid-season pick-up.

Casalini was a former Swans Academy player and also has ties with the Giants – who have multiple mid-year picks – having spent last season on their VFL list before crossing to North Adelaide over the summer.

Highlights: https://www.afl.com.au/video/912908/sanfl-showreel-r3-noah-casalini-highlights

Season-ending ACL injuries to Georgiades and Greater Western Sydney utility Adam Kennedy over the last fortnight means there are now nine list vacancies among eight clubs, with the Giants the only team with two free spots.

Essendon, Fremantle, Geelong, the Western Bulldogs and Hawthorn all kept list spots open after last year's draft period, with GWS (Kennedy and Darcy Jones), Port Adelaide (Georgiades) and Richmond (Jason Castagna) also having vacancies.

– Riley Beveridge

https://www.afl.com.au/news/913030/flag-dee-in-talks-eagle-to-wait-sanfl-gun-on-draft-radar

Reactions: 1 user
SANFL FORWARD ON THE MSD RADAR

Noah Casalini emerging as a potential option for clubs

Casalini has since garnered a host of interest among clubs with free list spots, continuing an impressive run of form by winning the Bob Quinn Medal for best on ground in North Adelaide's Anzac Day victory over Norwood.

The 21-year-old Casalini, who is a 191cm marking forward, kicked six goals from 18 disposals and 10 marks in a dominant display to further enhance his credentials as a potential mid-season pick-up.

Casalini was a former Swans Academy player and also has ties with the Giants – who have multiple mid-year picks – having spent last season on their VFL list before crossing to North Adelaide over the summer.

Highlights: https://www.afl.com.au/video/912908/sanfl-showreel-r3-noah-casalini-highlights

Season-ending ACL injuries to Georgiades and Greater Western Sydney utility Adam Kennedy over the last fortnight means there are now nine list vacancies among eight clubs, with the Giants the only team with two free spots.

Essendon, Fremantle, Geelong, the Western Bulldogs and Hawthorn all kept list spots open after last year's draft period, with GWS (Kennedy and Darcy Jones), Port Adelaide (Georgiades) and Richmond (Jason Castagna) also having vacancies.

– Riley Beveridge

https://www.afl.com.au/news/913030/flag-dee-in-talks-eagle-to-wait-sanfl-gun-on-draft-radar
Casalini looks exciting.

He coulda had class. He coulda been a contender. He coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what he is, let's face it.
Yeah, but life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

• Love
Yeah, but life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Yeah but life is what happens to you when you’re busy making other plans.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Life is hard
And so am I
You better give me something
So I don't die

Novocaine for the soul
Before I sputter out

Reactions: 1 users
According to Tiger71 on the BF podcast last night:

* We're having a crack at two forwards next offseason. It times with Riewoldt retiring at the end of next year. We'll trade players out to get the currency.

* One of the forwards is Ben King. We've been showing interest over the past 8-10 months. If King hasn't re-signed with the Suns by the middle of next year then we're in with a show.

* They also mentioned as the other option - Jacob Koschitzke or Jake Riccardi. Hoping they may be a cheap option.

Go to around the 6 min mark:
Not very excited if riccardi or kozi are our contingincies

Jed Walters 8 goals today v NT. Should have kicked 12, and gave half a dozen away. NT struggled, but still a fair effort.

Jed Walters 8 goals today v NT. Should have kicked 12, and gave half a dozen away. NT struggled, but still a fair effort.

Prob the No.2 pick tonight i reckon.

Was a mouthwatering performance that had everything;

Pack crashing, breakneck leads, cunning double backs, contested marks at highest point, breathtaking vertical leap, selfless give offs

Reactions: 1 users
Suns will match anything on him. If they keep King, there’s your one two punch.

They Have Jake Rogers in the wings as well.

Last edited:
Yep. I think I ballsed up the picks let my check.
A lot to play out, but at this stage I'd have Jed 2-5. Ethan 10-25, Jake 15-30. I'm a fan of all 3, Walters is a powerhouse. Its looking like a massive academy haul to me.