2023 Draft Thread. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2023 Draft Thread.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Prob the No.2 pick tonight i reckon.

Was a mouthwatering performance that had everything;

Pack crashing, breakneck leads, cunning double backs, contested marks at highest point, breathtaking vertical leap, selfless give offs
It was an awesome display.

Reactions: 1 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Have heard huge wraps on this boy, Kynan Brown (Oakleigh Chargers).
Can confirm we are fans of Brown. Dees seem pretty confident of taking him if you read the below. Good description of his game "he's like a cleaner and quicker version of Jack Viney". But take if as gospel that we have our eye on him and we should, he's what we need. Even if we don't get him pleased to see us looking at that type.

Reactions: 1 user

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
I hope we are looking at Archie Roberts from the Dragons 184cm 77kg,he was really good against the Young Guns in wet conditions.
He attacks the ball without flinching ,has good pace ,seems to be able to run all day ,and quite good over head ,he is a late 18 year old.
I guess he will be gone before our pick .

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Can confirm we are fans of Brown. Dees seem pretty confident of taking him if you read the below. Good description of his game "he's like a cleaner and quicker version of Jack Viney". But take if as gospel that we have our eye on him and we should, he's what we need. Even if we don't get him pleased to see us looking at that type.

So Father/Son selection for the Dees.
What’s the current ruling on that selection?

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
Teal,May omitted from vfl side,unless we are playing funny buggers,how can they be mid season draft candidates.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
AFL ACADEMY 4.2 6.4 10.5 13.8 (86)
CARLTON VFL
2.0 6.1 9.4 13.6 (82)

GOALS
AFL Academy:
Turner 2, Caddy, Callinan, Delean, Duursma, Edwards, Read, Reid, Simpson, Walter, Watson, Wilson
Carlton VFL: Ronke 4, Cahill 2, Gill, Honey, Kuipers, Martin, Moschetti, O'Brien, Stevens

Reactions: 2 users

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
CARLTON VFL 2.0 6.1 9.4 13.6 (82)

GOALS
AFL Academy:
Turner 2, Caddy, Callinan, Delean, Duursma, Edwards, Read, Reid, Simpson, Walter, Watson, Wilson
Carlton VFL: Ronke 4, Cahill 2, Gill, Honey, Kuipers, Martin, Moschetti, O'Brien, Stevens
Was about to ask about this game,any reports on best players for academy

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
CARLTON VFL 2.0 6.1 9.4 13.6 (82)

GOALS
AFL Academy:

If that's the official score from the AFL they've got it wrong. Carlton VFL should be 13.6 (84) if my maths is correct.

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Was about to ask about this game,any reports on best players for academy

Didnt watch but Jake Rogers GC got BOG medal with 26 disposals and 6 clearances.

Hes off the table - GC will take him.

Very small, Very busy, very quick, very agile, neat ball user.

GC have an interesting draft hand - they will take a pure rover, a pure ruckman and a pure full forward out of the Academy. The FF and the Rover will get top 10 bids. Oppo may pinch the ruckman, who is very athletic, if theyre lucky, but i doubt it

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
On Nate Cady, he is currently listed at 192 cm, Josh was 186cm, Nates dad about the same bit smaller. But on the Mums side, uncle is 198, grandfather is 198.

Reckond he ends up that 198cm size, Hawthorn are very interested and Melbourne see him as creating a perfect partner for JVR and Matt Jefferson in a three tall forward line, if they can't trade up for Reid, they may offer a smaller package for Caddy. Essendon huge fans of Nick Watson. Gathering as much background information as possible on him already.

Last edited:

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Allies play SA in less than 3 weeks and they havnt picked a side yet.

vicmet and country picked squads 5 months ago.

I dont get it?

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
On Nate Cady, he is currently listed at 192 cm, Josh was 186cm, Nates data about the same bit smaller. But on the Mums side, uncle is 198, grandfather is 198.

Reckond he ends up that 198cm size, Hawthorn are very interested and Melbourne see him as creating a perfect partner for JVR and Matt Jefferson in a three tall forward line, if they can't trade up for Reid, they may offer a smaller package for Caddy. Essendon huge fans of Nick Watson. Gathering as much background information as possible on him already.

It'd be a pretty rare 18 yo who grows 2 more inches wouldnt it scoop?

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
On Nate Cady, he is currently listed at 192 cm, Josh was 186cm, Nates data about the same bit smaller. But on the Mums side, uncle is 198, grandfather is 198.

How many more spoon feeds do Scumbourne want??

gehring

Tiger Rookie
Oct 16, 2006
I watched the Young Guns yesterday and noted that Maric played in defence. Played an attacking role showing he can play at either end, did his chances of a MSD no harm.