2023 Draft Thread. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2023 Draft Thread.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Serious mitts. Third tall height unless he grows. Athletic testing important. But a footballer.
Agree with all of that. But the framework of a footballer is there.

Has a few similar traits to Jake Stringer,powerful kick and body .
Logan Morris from the Jets is sort of similar ,very strong hands etc .
Good shout, he reminded me of Mitch Georgiades a bit as well.

We desperately need this type in the forward line.

Reactions: 2 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Ok getting in there early with this, but is the top 10 of this draft good enough to trade into?

I suspect Gold Coast will be trying to push their 1st pick back, being as they will pretty much only take Academy talent this year, so is it worth our whole trying to bring our 2024 pick into the top 10 this year.

Of those that you know about (that should go top 10), are there any worth pulling that pick forward 1 year?

Reactions: 1 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Club: Woodville-West Torrens/BSR Tigers FC
Height: 191 cm
Weight: 93 kg
DOB: 23/01/05
A tall forward, Weckert has progressed to play some senior football with the Eagles both last year and early this year on the back of the exciting potential he has shown. He is a real competitive beast who is a strong mark and presents really well as a target up forward. A dual sport athlete, he has represented South Australia in underage cricket but is now committed to pursuing a potential AFL career.
Follow up to this, named in the SNAFL u18 squad leadership that you would assume the bulk of would make up the National Champs squad.

One to watch at the carnival.

Not behd, good size.

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
Where is Nat Caddy expected to go?
Probably top 10.
The champs will sort a lot out ,it is really open this year .
Moir was touted as a certain number 2,but he has been very underwhelming in the two academy games.
GC will take Walter .
According to Eddiewood ,the Eagles IF they get pick one might be open to trading it,with GWS in the box seat.

Reactions: 1 user

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Where is Nat Caddy expected to go?
5-15. If he gets more midfield time like he did in 2022, I think it's closer to 5.

For me, he is a better prospect than Matt Jefferson who went at 14 last year.

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
5-15. If he gets more midfield time like he did in 2022, I think it's closer to 5.

For me, he is a better prospect than Matt Jefferson who went at 14 last year.
Agreed, decent outing in the VFL, that's another box ticked.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Allies squad. First training a week before first game.

You've really opened my eyes @eZyT as to how lopsided the preparation is for the Allies.

They barely know each other by the first time they go against mobs that have had training camps, three trial games and squad training.

Reactions: 3 users

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
You've really opened my eyes @eZyT as to how lopsided the preparation is for the Allies.

They barely know each other by the first time they go against mobs that have had training camps, three trial games and squad training.
A lot of the champs matches are one on one,they may implement some small structures across the lines ,but most of the time the Champs are a good guide to drafting.

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Daniel Curtin is one player who could be anything, tall midfielder, tall forward or intercepting defender. He's top 5 for mine, possibly even pick 2.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I think were seeing the no1 pick dominate SA here

Jed Walters.

Hes like a cross between charlie curnow, nick reiwoldt and danny rioli.

His speed and defensive pressure is breathtaking. Then he hits packs like jon brown. Completely selfless - happy to block and shepard and lay off goals.

Riley Sanders and Colby Mckercher look top 10 to me also

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

Its offset this year by having 10 afl academy players who have trained and played together all year.

But most years its a joke

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I think were seeing the no1 pick dominate SA here

Jed Walters.

Hes like a cross between charlie curnow, nick reiwoldt and danny rioli.

His speed and defensive pressure is breathtaking. Then he hits packs like jon brown. Completely selfless - happy to block and shepard and lay off goals.

Riley Sanders and Colby Mckercher look top 10 to me also
The Black Hole Suns will be licking their chops. Walter, King and Lukosious projects as a super-dangerous, complementary triumvirate. Walter the lynchpin, allowing King to do his preferred lead-and-lurk thing, and Lukosious third tall excellent at ground level. If they'd kept Rankine that would be the best forward line in the comp by 2026.

Edit: Throw in Humphrey, who looks a star, and Holman, a great blue collar foil.

Last edited:

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
The Black Hole Suns will be licking their chops. Walter, King and Lukosious projects as a super-dangerous, complementary triumvirate. Walter the lynchpin, allowing King to do his preferred lead-and-lurk thing, and Lukosious third tall excellent at ground level. If they'd kept Rankine that would be the best forward line in the comp by 2026.

Edit: Throw in Humphrey, who looks a star, and Holman, a great blue collar foil.

So the Sun's academy player rules are different to next gen academy rules and they get access to player regardless is that correct?

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
So the Sun's academy player rules are different to next gen academy rules and they get access to player regardless is that correct?

Yes, all the northern academies get access no matter what the pick is. NGA's, no access in the 1st 40 selections.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

Yep they cant pre-list them anymore

bid will come for Jed walters in top 5,

And suns match with picks 55,56,67 and 99

Their Academy prospects are the Same as a father-son i think

Itheylle trAde out their first pick this year

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Riley Sanders BOG in first champs game up to 3/4 time (im switching to tigers)

Has the huge arse and rough head of the modern mids

Usual knock is his damage, but hes been pretty destructive today.

SA look as poor as Allies look good.

Vics are gonna have to pull out all their administrative tricks to stop this Allies side.

Might have to get a mobile coldroom for Allies changerooms and get Josh Caddy and Nick Watsons dad to umpire

• Haha