2023 PRE Phantom Draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2023 PRE Phantom Draft

With a bit of an eye on Dudoro, waiting for the reverse fist pump. Carlton bid on Mahmoud Taha with their last pick knowing the Bombers don't have any more picks.

Port choose

Tarkyn O’Leary
State: Victoria Metro
State League Club: Sandringham Dragons
Height: 178cm

Left-footed wingman whose ability to run all day and present as an outlet option is a real asset.
A neat distributor of the ball, he also has good footy smarts and a sharp competitive edge which allows him to be effective as an inside player when required. He averaged 15.4 disposals and 2.5 tackles in 13 matches for the Sandringham Dragons and was a member of their Coates Talent League premiership team. Was also a consistent performer for Victoria Metro at the National Championships. Was ranked first in the 2km time trial at the national Draft Combine with a time of 5:48.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
GEELONG ..

Reece Torrent
State: Western Australia
State League Club: Peel Thunder
Community Club: Halls Head
Date of Birth: 03/08/05
Height: 184cm

Powerfully built wingman who impressed for Western Australia at the National Championships with his sharp competitive edge and game awareness. Was one of his state’s best against the Allies and played all four matches during the tournament, averaging 16.8 disposals and three tackles while showing a real appetite for the contest. Continued to develop with his club Peel Thunder throughout the year, where he progressed from the under 18s through the reserves before making his senior debut late in the year. Had strong performances in the agility test (8.26 seconds) and 2km time trial (6:24) at the national Draft Combine which demonstrated his athletic prowess.
He has a Elite bullet pass through traffic.

Collingwood next @bullus_hit

Reactions: 1 users
Collingwood has taken a gamble on Moir so will look at some SA talent as a means to mitigate the go-home factor and any homesickness blues. They therefore select SA inside midfielder Kane McAuliffe, a star at the combine whose sprint time puts him at the pointy end of the draft and with an exceptional leap he seems to have the athleticism and burst speed required to execute a full time role at AFL level. He's predominantly inside but his kicking is solid enough and he possesses decent depth. It's worth noting that both Moir & McAuliffe spent time training at the Crows so there's already a healthy comradery established and this should go some way to making the interstate jump relatively seamless. I did also consider Jack Delean with this pick but I much prefer taking the midfielder all things considered.

Collingwood selects Kane McAuliffe

Collingwood has taken a gamble on Moir so will look at some SA talent as a means to mitigate the go-home factor and any homesickness blues. They therefore select SA inside midfielder Kane McAuliffe, a star at the combine whose sprint time puts him at the pointy end of the draft and with an exceptional leap he seems to have the athleticism and burst speed required to execute a full time role at AFL level. He's predominantly inside but his kicking is solid enough and he possesses decent depth. It's worth noting that both Moir & McAuliffe spent time training at the Crows so there's already a healthy comradery established and this should go some way to making the interstate jump relatively seamless. I did also consider Jack Delean with this pick but I much prefer taking the midfielder all things considered.

Collingwood selects Kane McAuliffe
Sorry folks, taken a few picks earlier, same with Delean. Give me a moment..................................

Collingwood selects Vigo Visentini, not much left in SA so I'll grab a back-up ruck.

North selects Bodie Ryan, I think the more reinforcements down in defence, the better, he's tidy and possesses good anticipation.

GEELONG ...

Oscar Gawith
Pronunciation: Gore-th
State: Victoria Country
State League Club: GWV Rebels
Community Club: Minyip-Murtoa
Date of Birth: 23/05/05
Height: 193cm

A strongly-built tall defender who excels in one-on-one contests and makes good decisions on when to mark and spoil. His consistent form with the GWV Rebels earned him selection for Victoria Country. Played the final two National Championship games including against the Allies with his containment of the highly regarded Jed Walter seeing him recognised as one of Victoria Country’s best. A courageous player under the ball with impressive mobility, he played nine games in the Coates Talent League averaging nine disposals.

He has grown a couple of cm since the champs......