2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Tigers should use every pick this year on a kpf over 193 cm.

Even if we have to go off the normal list, or into the VFL.

It's the thing we need most, and we should do it through numbers.

Tigers should use every pick this year on a kpf over 193 cm.

Even if we have to go off the normal list, or into the VFL.

It's the thing we need most, and we should do it through numbers.
That's how you end up with Jayden Post when Dayne Beams, Dan Hannebery, Rory Sloane and Sonny Walters are on the table.

Reactions: 14 users
I'd like to see our 1st pick be a goal kicking mid in the Dusty/Bont/Petracca mould, 2nd (hopefully a pick in the teens) on a KPF. The rest depends on how many picks we acquire but a winger wouldn't go astray.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know who the most promising KPFs in this draft year are?
None jumping out yet but it's early.

We haven't seen Sam Lalor yet this year but if you gave me first pick right now I'd probably go for Finn O'Sullivan.

Oh boy , I’m in. Blackbooked. Smooooooooth.

Yikes that's some clip from one match.

Know his old man Trent pretty well though work. Had him organise leadership programs over the years.

I'll get the skinny on him as the draft gets close. How high you have him pegged ATM Scooper?

Reactions: 1 users
None jumping out yet but it's early.

We haven't seen Sam Lalor yet this year but if you gave me first pick right now I'd probably go for Finn O'Sullivan.
Jonty Faull 197cm rebels,,Jack Whitlock 200cm murray,,Jobe Shanahan 194cm Bendigo MAYBE Zac McInnes 196cm Geelong.
James Barrat 193cm Bendigo Looks quite good,,l think Josh Smillie will end up a forward at 194 cm ...

There are more ,and still quite a while to go yet,and then you have player's that are non Victorians .

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Jonty Faull 197cm rebels,,Jack Whitlock 200cm murray,,Jobe Shanahan 194cm Bendigo MAYBE Zac McInnes 196cm Geelong.
James Barrat 193cm Bendigo Looks quite good,,l think Josh Smillie will end up a forward at 194 cm ...

There are more ,and still quite a while to go yet,and then you have player's that are non Victorians .
Haven't seen much to get excited about from that bunch, yet.

I'm going to make an early call and say I think Smillie will be a bust.

Yikes that's some clip from one match.

Know his old man Trent pretty well though work. Had him organise leadership programs over the years.

I'll get the skinny on him as the draft gets close. How high you have him pegged ATM Scooper?
Spook was a huge fan as well. We have united.

I reckon at this stage he sits in that wild pre champs 15-45 range.

It's a skill set we desperately need. Hotton, Moraes and Reid. We will have enough picks to get one of them.

Spook was a huge fan as well. We have united.

I reckon at this stage he sits in that wild pre champs 15-45 range.

It's a skill set we desperately need. Hotton, Moraes and Reid. We will have enough picks to get one of them.
Sometimes the planets align and our split personalities agree.

I'll take Hotton, thx. Gimme Hotton, O'Sullivan and Lalor and I'll walk away now.

Haven't seen much to get excited about from that bunch, yet.

I'm going to make an early call and say I think Smillie will be a bust.
Jonty faull as a bottom ager 194cm has grown to 197cm,,had O Sulliivan taken off him in the Murray game.

Drops two chest marks and kicks like a drunken donkey.

Lots of 2 grab marks, quite scrappy imo. Would need to see more before I'd be interested.

Saw a bit of Smillie in another video, he was quite underwhelming also.

Our NGA Zayden Lockwood selected for Vic Country in the trials,also we have 2 NGA boys in Vic Country u16s ,Tanner Armstrong/// Murray...and Russell Clark,,, Bendigo .

Reactions: 2 users

Our NGA Zayden Lockwood selected for Vic Country in the trials,also we have 2 NGA boys in Vic Country u16s ,Tanner Armstrong/// Murray...and Russell Clark,,, Bendigo .
Have the nga rules changed ,as if there sheet,we get them 41 onwards only.