2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
@Scoop your boy Charlie Richardson - KB’s grandson - brilliant today for Brighton Grammar with 4 goals. Full stats in a few days but was everywhere in the forward half. Lead hard linking up play, played deep, worked hard defensively. Has really found his rhythm past few weeks. Certainly looks very draftable

Reactions: 3 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
On closer inspection I've been a bit rough on Guy Smillie. He actually has a lot of upside from an already high base. Good hands, nice skills, and he's not yet really using his size as much as he could. Far from being a manchild bully, he's actually just tall. Think I'll slide him closer to Bont than Cale Morton.

I still rate Finn O'Sullivan number one, but I can see why a team like Norf might go for Guy as a point of difference. Think these two are clear of the rest thus far (although can't wait to see Lalor this year).

Of course if we finish bottom 2 you know the ALF will give Norf a priority pick and we'll have pick 3.

Reactions: 1 user

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
Sam Lalor kicked 7 goals for Geelong Gammar ,first game back.
Played the first half in the midfield,and second half forward 7.3 in a losing side.

Flynn Penry also returned for Grammar o_O and was impressive as well l was told.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
On closer inspection I've been a bit rough on Guy Smillie. He actually has a lot of upside from an already high base. Good hands, nice skills, and he's not yet really using his size as much as he could. Far from being a manchild bully, he's actually just tall. Think I'll slide him closer to Bont than Cale Morton.

I still rate Finn O'Sullivan number one, but I can see why a team like Norf might go for Guy as a point of difference. Think these two are clear of the rest thus far (although can't wait to see Lalor this year).

Of course if we finish bottom 2 you know the ALF will give Norf a priority pick and we'll have pick 3.

Just getting Leysy's head around this draft crop. They look the two ATM, but time for others to emerge.

O'Sullivan certainly looks a player, always on the go, great step, seems a little bit of Chimp in the way he moves.

From the vision have seen, hasn't seemed to use his non-preferred much. At least by foot, though he uses his left by hand regularly.

For those that have seen him more - What's his left peg like? Might be ok but always has enough time in juniors to get on his right.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Just getting Leysy's head around this draft crop. They look the two ATM, but time for others to emerge.

O'Sullivan certainly looks a player, always on the go, great step, seems a little bit of Chimp in the way he moves.

From the vision have seen, hasn't seemed to use his non-preferred much. At least by foot, though he uses his left by hand regularly.

For those that have seen him more - What's his left peg like? Might be ok but always has enough time in juniors to get on his right.
Yeah, bit of Chimp and someone else I can't quite put my finger on in the way he moves. His left is good. Great step, as you say. Big Winner Brain too.

Dev Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2014
I think we will get a good player with our first pick even if we get some players back on the run home and win some games.

Smillie and O'Sullivan would be the top two at this stage but any of Moraes, Smith, Trainor, Draper and Lalor are pretty good chances to become
A graders. O'Farrell projects as a good defender who could swing forward.

I don't think there is anyone one player to change the fortunes of a club like Harley Reid looks capable of but it is still a good draft pool in my opinion.

Reactions: 2 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Yeah it looks like a good draft to have the kind of hand we're likely to have. But 1 of those top 2 would be nice. And of course someone else may emerge.

Reactions: 1 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011

There will be a riot if that hand goes out again. At some point they have to take responsibility for their own poor decision making, which is why they have been where they are for so long now.

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Hotton looks like he's been ranked fairly low, looking at his season so far.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Yeah, bit of Chimp and someone else I can't quite put my finger on in the way he moves. His left is good. Great step, as you say. Big Winner Brain too.

Pendlebury? Bit shorter, but has that long gait like him.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Hotton looks like he's been ranked fairly low, looking at his season so far.
He's bolting up draft boards I'd say.

Pendlebury? Bit shorter, but has that long gait like him.
Na, that's not it, although yeah a little.

He's such a relaxed mover, just hangs loose. But is kind of arrogant about it too, like Vinnie Barabarino. But he's got power. A coiled spring that somehow also manages to hang loose.

Maybe Skinny Lappin? Is that who I'm thinking of, movement-wise? A jinker. Robert Harvey? A bit of Paul Kelly?

Anyway, he's pick of the bunch for me. Someone's going to have to come from the clouds to pass him. But I reckon if we get pick 2 he's a good chance of being ours if Guy Smillie keeps improving.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
He's bolting up draft boards I'd say.

Na, that's not it, although yeah a little.

He's such a relaxed mover, just hangs loose. But is kind of arrogant about it too, like Vinnie Barabarino. But he's got power. A coiled spring that somehow also manages to hang loose.

Maybe Skinny Lappin? Is that who I'm thinking of, movement-wise? A jinker. Robert Harvey? A bit of Paul Kelly?

Anyway, he's pick of the bunch for me. Someone's going to have to come from the clouds to pass him. But I reckon if we get pick 2 he's a good chance of being ours if Guy Smillie keeps improving.

Yeah if it is any way a marginal call, North will take Smillie for sure.

They have stacked a heap of smaller mids and missed on Reid.

No way they pass.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Some more eye-catching moments from Kayle Gerreyn, albeit WAFL Colts. 21 disposals, 6 marks, 7 clearances, 25 hitouts, 2 goals. I look forward to seeing how he goes at the Champs, and hopefully he gets a run in a key post, either forward or back.

Another WA lad to put in a strong performance was big (190cm) mid Luke Urquhart:

Again, one to watch at the Champs against better opposition.

Bit of love for Tom Gross as a hard-at-it mid who can find the footy. It's what happens after that that has me saying no thanks. Butcher.

Last edited:

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Yes eye catching effort from Gerreyn. Good commentary highlight too "Gerreyn has his beastly way with them...' At 192 could be in no mans land a bit, looks like a good mid for a big man, and a good big man for a mid, if that makes sense. Yes be keen to see him in the champs.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Yes eye catching effort from Gerreyn. Good commentary highlight too "Gerreyn has his beastly way with them...' At 192 could be in no mans land a bit, looks like a good mid for a big man, and a good big man for a mid, if that makes sense. Yes be keen to see him in the champs.
Some say he's 199.