2024 Fixture | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Fixture

It's a television sport now, TV rights pay the bills. AFL cares not a jot for the average club supporter.
Games are spread for maximum TV coverage, mostly on subscriber services.
They know die hard supporters will still attend games, even at *smile* times, and sneaking in extra rounds, round 0 & gather round, they will crow about record attendances, at seasons end, ignoring that club supporters are more and more disenfranchised.
They won't stop and listen, or change anything, unless supporters vote with their feet, and stop turning up to matches, turn off their TVs, unsubscribe to Fox & Kayo, and stop buying memberships.
That won't happen, so they have us over a barrel.

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users
This is the bit that confuses me .......

We finished 13th in 2023 (eg bottom six)

I was always of the understanding that we therefore play the other five teams twice eg:

Freo, Gold Coast, Hawthorn, North and WCE

So why are we playing Carlton, Port and St Kilda twice!!!!!!??????

WTF!
It used to be if you finish bottom six you play one top six team twice and twice against 7-12 teams and twice against 13-18 teams... Would you believe for 2023, the AFL has loosened that criteria. I read it in an article yesterday. Very convenient.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users
We are still Top 3 in crowds and Carlton had 3 extra games - finals where the crowds are always going to be big. So I think their crowd numbers weren't great considering their good season. 1700188314713.png

It's a television sport now, TV rights pay the bills. AFL cares not a jot for the average club supporter.
Games are spread for maximum TV coverage, mostly on subscriber services.
They know die hard supporters will still attend games, even at *smile* times, and sneaking in extra rounds, round 0 & gather round, they will crow about record attendances, at seasons end, ignoring that club supporters are more and more disenfranchised.
They won't stop and listen, or change anything, unless supporters vote with their feet, and stop turning up to matches, turn off their TVs, unsubscribe to Fox & Kayo, and stop buying memberships.
That won't happen, so they have us over a barrel.
Come on big one. They do listen. Didn’t you hear about the huge concession they gave the fans? They changed the start time for Friday night games from 7.50 down to 7.40. They listen to the fans because apparently a 10 minute earlier start must have been on top of the list of fan demands. Now we fans got what we wanted we should be grateful for the next few years

• Haha
Notwithstanding, I don't understand the AFL hatred of Richmond, as opposed to the undying love for the Dons.
It's because we're good and decent, working class-minded, big-hearted, outspoken defenders of justice, and our very aura exposes the fraudulent, deceitful, duplicitous, gold-grubbing, soggy biscuit club that has always run the game, even to their own decrepit, shriveled, salty hearts. Our goodness exposes their sh!tfulness and they hate us for it, numbing their own self-loathing with another round of lines out of each other's arseholes in the back tent at Portseas Polo.

Read George Megalogenis' book, it's all in there.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Thats because your understanding is wrong. Excluding Gather Round (I don't know how they come up with the matchups for that *smile*), but its supposed to be as below.

Finish Top 6 - Play 2 other top 6 sides, 2 from 7-12 and 1 from the bottom 6
Finish 7-12 - Play 2 from 7-12 and I think its mixed then between some of the teams playing 2 of the top 6 and some playing 2 of the bottom 6
Finish bottom 6 - Play 2 from the bottom 6, 2 from the middle 6 and 1 top 6 side twice
If that’s the case, then we shouldn’t be playing all of port, St kilda and blues twice because we finished bottom 6. Should only b playing one of them. Not even close.

It's because we're good and decent, working class-minded, big-hearted, outspoken defenders of justice, and our very aura exposes the fraudulent, deceitful, duplicitous, gold-grubbing, soggy biscuit club that has always run the game, even to their own decrepit, shriveled, salty hearts. Our goodness exposes their sh!tfulness and they hate us for it, numbing their own self-loathing with another round of lines out of each other's arseholes in the back tent at Portseas Polo.

Read George Megalogenis' book, it's all in there.
Is there anything better than an adjective laden PRE post ? This is why we come here. (And to hang *smile* on Pidley and Nobets).

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I'd love to see Dimma's new toys get absolutely smashed at Marvel x4, while Yze's old hand me downs break the curse!

I think the Round Zero concept has some merit.................. (don't shoot the messenger) :)

But I'm confused................

I live in Sydney and thought why not get out and support AFL in Round Zero (Pies vs Swans at the SCG)

I worked out that the SCG is the Sydney Cricket Ground ........................... but where is this Gadigal place?????

I checked the Train, bus, ferry and light rail schedule ....................... no such place exists.............

Damn! Looks like I'll just watch it on TV....................

Maybe the Canadian bloke thinks its a good idea to give stadiums a WOKE residential address that in all honesty has ZERO (excuse the pun) link to reality!!!

Good luck when the beloved Tigers supporters travel to Sydney from interstate..............

I'm confounded as to how they will now find their way to Moore Park or Homebush :(

Let alone try and find a hotel in Gadigal!!!!! ROFLMAO !!!!!

What a joke, read the comments on social media. Not 1 positive remark about this but the AFL just go ahead with some tinpot crap that no-one wants. How about you actually listen to the market that you are selling to???
They did exactly that Poshy. Listened to the media market that makes them money, not the fans who will put up with just about anything to support their club.

I think the Round Zero concept has some merit.................. (don't shoot the messenger) :)

But I'm confused................

I live in Sydney and thought why not get out and support AFL in Round Zero (Pies vs Swans at the SCG)

I worked out that the SCG is the Sydney Cricket Ground ........................... but where is this Gadigal place?????

I checked the Train, bus, ferry and light rail schedule ....................... no such place exists.............

Damn! Looks like I'll just watch it on TV....................

Maybe the Canadian bloke thinks its a good idea to give stadiums a WOKE residential address that in all honesty has ZERO (excuse the pun) link to reality!!!

Good luck when the beloved Tigers supporters travel to Sydney from interstate..............

I'm confounded as to how they will now find their way to Moore Park or Homebush :(

Let alone try and find a hotel in Gadigal!!!!! ROFLMAO !!!!!
Channel 9 asked him about our fixture,
He mumbled and fumbled without any real answer.
Just a another yes man kokslap hired by the AFL