2nd & 3rd picks | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2nd & 3rd picks

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Our first round picks will get the glory but it’s the 2nd & 3rd rounders that can really make a difference.

Thought I’d start a thread to start throwing names out there.

First one, I got tipped off to this boy by someone up at Southport. Angus Anderson, tied to the Swans Academy. Was invited to play VFL with the Sharks but geographically didn’t make sense, lives Northern NSW, Swans got word and put him in the academy. Stared in there games, in the leadership group. Lived in Melbourne previously and was moving through the Eastern Rangers program. Swans were stoked when they got wind of his background, basically a ready made prospect. Made the Allies squad this year. 190cm, 85kg on baller who ran a +21 yo-yo. And is in the Paddy Guinane family tree, parent is a cousin. Booming kick, wins inside ball but can get it on the spread. Hasn’t been exposed to all that much because of COVID and no champs. Rated highly by Nick Davis at the Swans. Has been invited to the National Combine this year so a few clubs are keen. Don’t think he’ll be a Smokey much longer. I’ve got him in the mix for one of our picks after 30….

Seems a likely sort. Thought I’d share. Interested to see how he goes.

Feel free to throw more names out there for picks after the first round.

Reactions: 8 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Someone I was keen on in the mid season draft and still think we look at is Jack Avery.
19yo was overlooked last years draft, but has shown big improvements each of the last 2 years.
190cm
Played as an undersized CHB in a team that made the grannie. Was the main interceptor.
This year came back fitter to play mid and has high numbers

Has played the last 9 senior games in the wafl, averaging 16 disposals

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Joshua Browne.
Midfielder from WA. Inside player who racked up possessions at will in the Colts. Could be a late first rounder but every chance he is there with one of our picks in the 20’s.

Reactions: 2 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Our first round picks will get the glory but it’s the 2nd & 3rd rounders that can really make a difference.

Thought I’d start a thread to start throwing names out there.

First one, I got tipped off to this boy by someone up at Southport. Angus Anderson, tied to the Swans Academy. Was invited to play VFL with the Sharks but geographically didn’t make sense, lives Northern NSW, Swans got word and put him in the academy. Stared in there games, in the leadership group. Lived in Melbourne previously and was moving through the Eastern Rangers program. Swans were stoked when they got wind of his background, basically a ready made prospect. Made the Allies squad this year. 190cm, 85kg on baller who ran a +21 yo-yo. And is in the Paddy Guinane family tree, parent is a cousin. Booming kick, wins inside ball but can get it on the spread. Hasn’t been exposed to all that much because of COVID and no champs. Rated highly by Nick Davis at the Swans. Has been invited to the National Combine this year so a few clubs are keen. Don’t think he’ll be a Smokey much longer. I’ve got him in the mix for one of our picks after 30….

Seems a likely sort. Thought I’d share. Interested to see how he goes.

Feel free to throw more names out there for picks after the first round.
What a rort. If the Swans are that keen won't they just match?

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Yeah so he grew up in Melbourne and was in the Eastern Ranges program. Moves to northern NSW so all of a sudden he’s in the Swans Academy? What development have the Swans actually put into him?

*smile* off AFL.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Dunno, thought the same with Will Martyn didn’t we.

Kids a competitor, took Josh Green to the cleaners, hard nut.

Perfect size.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
I want to throw another name in here, Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera.

188cm & 70 kegs of silk. I see shades of Tarryn Thomas, glimpses of Stephen Hill. The more I see the more I’m falling head over heels. We need silk, we need pace and elite kicking. It may be a slow burn but with the glut of picks we have I’d be risking a pick. Huge upside here.

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
I want to throw another name in here, Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera.

188cm & 70 kegs of silk. I see shades of Tarryn Thomas, glimpses of Stephen Hill. The more I see the more I’m falling head over heels. We need silk, we need pace and elite kicking. It may be a slow burn but with the glut of picks we have I’d be risking a pick. Huge upside here.
Yeah he looks the type we might go for ,he reads the play really well,and generally uses the first option .
He looks a player who might take a couple of seasons developing ,his skill's are good,but l wouldn't class him as silk.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Darcy Wilmot will probably go top-20 and we're not exactly desperate for another back-flanker, but I struggle to believe there'll be 25 better AFL players to come out of this draft.

Lukas Cooke, as mentioned in the main draft thread. Might rise if they hold the Champs as I suspect he's better than most watchers are giving him credit for. To the eye he's got Van Rooyen, Williams and Amiss covered.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Darcy Wilmot will probably go top-20 and we're not exactly desperate for another back-flanker, but I struggle to believe there'll be 25 better AFL players to come out of this draft.

Lukas Cooke, as mentioned in the main draft thread. Might rise if they hold the Champs as I suspect he's better than most watchers are giving him credit for. To the eye he's got Van Rooyen, Williams and Amiss covered.

I'm with you on Wilmot, I think he's so competitive and team focused he makes it. What he are learning is that back flankers can be taught (Rioli), maybe the back flanker goes the way of the ruck, unless elite they slide down the order. I'd still take Wilmot with a pick in the 20's if he's on the board.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
I'm with you on Wilmot, I think he's so competitive and team focused he makes it. What he are learning is that back flankers can be taught (Rioli), maybe the back flanker goes the way of the ruck, unless elite they slide down the order. I'd still take Wilmot with a pick in the 20's if he's on the board.
yeah back flankers can be recycled from other positions unless you are an elite intercept mark like Vlastuin and Steward in which case you'll pay the high draft pick.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Is Dan Butler’s brother (Sam) likely to be available in the second round?
I reckon he is top 25. He will go in first two rounds but now I have him 20-25.

Reactions: 1 users

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Someone I was keen on in the mid season draft and still think we look at is Jack Avery.
19yo was overlooked last years draft, but has shown big improvements each of the last 2 years.
190cm
Played as an undersized CHB in a team that made the grannie. Was the main interceptor.
This year came back fitter to play mid and has high numbers

Has played the last 9 senior games in the wafl, averaging 16 disposals
I picked Avery in last years Phantom draft at random. Has been racking up numbers this year.

Reactions: 1 user

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Nice spot. Tall rangy looking, reads flight, and deadly looking finisher.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Theres a kid id bid on in the 2nd round in the Suns Academy called Bohdi Ewlands.

been invited to the combine so its no secret.

approx 185/90, versatile, kicks 55m goals off a HBF, extremely competitive, plays against men.

people seem to get hurt when hes in the contest

Ferocious tackler, like Towner, finds the ball 25 times, huge leg, takes speccys

Reactions: 5 users

gehring

Tiger Rookie
Oct 16, 2006
First saw him in the GC vs Sydney VFL game which I recommend as a game to watch when bored over summer, full of young talent many of which are now playing in the firsts. Game decided on last kick of the match.
Because of the name I was looking for a "tanned" athlete, to my shock he is the reincarnation of matty Knights!!!!! Yes, fair complexion, about the same build, bowed leg and walks like he has a broken leg. Also has great hands (doesn't fumble), hard at the ball and reads the ball drop and the game. Good disposal and calm under pressure. Played HBF/BP. He is a proper "footballer." Has speed but do not know about tank. Has been playing subsequently as a mid.
For those nostalgic for old times look him up, for this alone welcome to RFC.

Reactions: 1 users