2nd & 3rd picks | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2nd & 3rd picks

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
First saw him in the GC vs Sydney VFL game which I recommend as a game to watch when bored over summer, full of young talent many of which are now playing in the firsts. Game decided on last kick of the match.
Because of the name I was looking for a "tanned" athlete, to my shock he is the reincarnation of matty Knights!!!!! Yes, fair complexion, about the same build, bowed leg and walks like he has a broken leg. Also has great hands (doesn't fumble), hard at the ball and reads the ball drop and the game. Good disposal and calm under pressure. Played HBF/BP. He is a proper "footballer." Has speed but do not know about tank. Has been playing subsequently as a mid.
For those nostalgic for old times look him up, for this alone welcome to RFC.
Theres a kid id bid on in the 2nd round in the Suns Academy called Bohdi Ewlands.

been invited to the combine so its no secret.

approx 185/90, versatile, kicks 55m goals off a HBF, extremely competitive, plays against men.

people seem to get hurt when hes in the contest

Ferocious tackler, like Towner, finds the ball 25 times, huge leg, takes speccys

Talk of him being a top 20 pick.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
id say Suns will hope to use a 3rd rounder on him. Hes head and shoulders above their other two (harris and bella) in the mix imho.

If he is expected to go there, assuming they do get the PP at 19, then you'd assume they'd want to trade out of those 2 picks, either up the order or down it (and into next year). I don't think we will take 6 picks to the draft, so I wonder if we'd be interested to try and take these 2 from Gold Coast.

Maybe 19 and 22 for 40, 46 and next years 2nd? I haven't done the maths on that to see if its fair from a points perspective.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Are Suns able to prelist academy players this year? Or was that a one off thing for last year?

good point, that concession runs into this year, was revokable by the AFL at any time I understand,

but hasn't been revoked yet. It should be revoked, consisting they only won one game less than the reigning B2B premiers, but I doubt it will be.

so at this stage, yes.

however, The Suns list is choccas. everyone is contracted and they only have 2 spots on the main list of 38 (seems like the list manager has *smile* this up to me), but about 6 rookie spots out of their 10.

Im pretty sure the pre-listed Academy kids have to go on the main list?

check this out .... textbook Ewlands :))

you actually feel anxiety in your stomach for the opposition when he is near the ball.

those interested should be able to take a look at The Broadbeach V Labrador Q final this Saturday. I think there will be a stream on AFLQ.

Ive seen him do a tackle like this, take a Jeremy Howe screamer, and kick a 55m goal off 1 step, all in the one game.

Im pretty sure Suns would match a realistic 2nd round bid.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
Another player who we might look at Charlie Molan 186cm 83 kg from the GWV Rebels.

He's a hard working Wing type ,He's good overhead ,l read somewhere he is a outside player,but that's bs,he can get his share of the contested ball..
His sister play's for the Tiger's AFLW side,,Sophie Molan.

The other one from the Rebels who might be looked at in the second/third rounds is Josh Rentsch,197cm 100 kg I guess he's a bit of a power forward ,very strong over head ,good kick not bad at ground level ,and loves to crash packs .
I don't think he's one of the top forwards going around,although he's not too bad ,l think he could turn into a key back ,he seems to have the attributes for a full back position.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
id say Suns will hope to use a 3rd rounder on him. Hes head and shoulders above their other two (harris and bella) in the mix imho.
Don't we get first dibs on all Suns academy players?

nswtiger

tiger army tiger army!! thank you very much
Feb 14, 2005
Nrth NSW
the U19 game between WA and SA is on this Saturday in WA
worth a look . esp Jacob van Rooyen

I think its on kayo? or live stream on AFL site?

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Another player who we might look at Charlie Molan 186cm 83 kg from the GWV Rebels.

He's a hard working Wing type ,He's good overhead ,l read somewhere he is a outside player,but that's bs,he can get his share of the contested ball..
His sister play's for the Tiger's AFLW side,,Sophie Molan.

The other one from the Rebels who might be looked at in the second/third rounds is Josh Rentsch,197cm 100 kg I guess he's a bit of a power forward ,very strong over head ,good kick not bad at ground level ,and loves to crash packs .
I don't think he's one of the top forwards going around,although he's not too bad ,l think he could turn into a key back ,he seems to have the attributes for a full back position.

I hope he's quicker than his sister.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
If he is expected to go there, assuming they do get the PP at 19, then you'd assume they'd want to trade out of those 2 picks, either up the order or down it (and into next year). I don't think we will take 6 picks to the draft, so I wonder if we'd be interested to try and take these 2 from Gold Coast.

Maybe 19 and 22 for 40, 46 and next years 2nd? I haven't done the maths on that to see if its fair from a points perspective.
Gold coast picks 3, 19, 22, 43, 55, 58, 66
They have plenty enough picks for their academy players.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Why the *smile* are GC getting a priority pick?

• Angry

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Hope we look at Ned Long.

192 cm mid that impacts when he goes forward.

Averaged 22 touches and 2.3 goals a game.

Last edited:

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Gold coast picks 3, 19, 22, 43, 55, 58, 66
They have plenty enough picks for their academy players.

If Ewlands goes between 10 and 20 then 19 or 22 will just be swallowed up. They'd prefer to use lower picks IMO, which is why I think they will trade those picks either up or down the order. They might even trade both to get a top 15 or so pick to get in front of any Ewlands bid.

Depends on where they think a bid may come. After those 2 picks and it probably doesn't matter.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Theres a kid id bid on in the 2nd round in the Suns Academy called Bohdi Ewlands.

been invited to the combine so its no secret.

approx 185/90, versatile, kicks 55m goals off a HBF, extremely competitive, plays against men.

people seem to get hurt when hes in the contest

Ferocious tackler, like Towner, finds the ball 25 times, huge leg, takes speccys
so after much googling, I found a kid called Bodhi Uwland, Is he the one ? (he asked knowingly)