3-0-75 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

3-0-75

The 0 is looking so very likely now.

To those that said that this 3-0-75 was impossible and an embarrassment to the club would you care to recant, or do you still hold the same view? If we somehow make the finals this year it will be all but a reality.

The 3 is a fail, but doesn't harm us having high expectations at all.
The 0 seems to be a formality with the tremendous off field work that has been done.
And if we make finals for the next 2 years I can see us getting very close to the 75.

All in all not as far fetched an idea as some believed it to be. Well done Benny and his team.

Things are improving in all aspects. The club is stable and settled. The development and the stability will attract success. In gaining Chocco it shows that we are no longer the basket case we were 4 years ago. We have done a great job with what we have and we are well on the path to succeeding onfield as well. I am sure the trade and free agency period will be exciting for our club and that is all due to the great work done on and off the field. The future is looking much brighter than the past.

Total Tiger said:
If the date was put back to 2015, all of it would be very achievable.

Possibly. But I reckon we'll be in better shape by the end of 2015 now than if we had made 2015 our goal

Knighta said:
That's Bull, have you been there? I can tell you they love Test Cricket, they probably love it more than t20 but there are a lot more glitz and glamour of the IPL. And we see it over here.

They also love any cricket, will watch the Aussies, they know more about our team I reckon than I do.

Just saw this :hihi

You'll be pleased to know I have been there a number of times over quite a few years. Actually lived there for about 14 months.

Yep, Indians do like their test cricket. But its popularity is not near that of One Day games or 20/20.

Sorry, but you only have to look at what the TV rights in India are worth for each format.

GoodOne said:
75K is just a goal. Aim high. 50K this year, fantastic for the club and for the bank balance. If we get it to 60K then we're laughing all the way to the bank. Same with the finals appearances. If we don't make it this year but we're fully competitive and well within the 8 over the next 2 years then we havent reached that high aim goal but we're in a great position for the future. The goal of zero debt looks after itself based on membership and on-field success. Gale has done a marvellous job. So glad he came back to help.

Yes aim high and occasionally fall over
If you aim to finish eighth you will more often finish below the line
If you aim to be the best you will occasionally snare a flag
Most people laughed at this proposal at the start but it was a positive guideline for where the club wanted to go
More than what other administrations had proposed
The biggest issue was our debt and without money you cannot do Anything
Facilities deteriorate crappy players are purchased loss of big sponsors because of poor success etc etc
The way to get money was at first increase membership sales which was done
Then fund raisers FTF etc
Then big sponsors were snared
It's all been up from then on
We still have to keep at it though because the wolves or competitors are still trying to be bigger and better

Tigertool said:
We got closer then I thought we would TBH.

Yep. They were always stretch goals. But as they say, reach for the stars and you may just make it to the moon.

I took it to mean that we would start 3 and 0 in 2075.

Still possible - keep going boys ;D