3-0-75 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

3-0-75

The zero debt part was achieved. MASSIVE TICK
We got our reserves team back and playing on a renovated PRO
The beautiful ME Bank Centre
Numerous great initiatives by the club
We qualified for the finals last year.

We need to win a final this year
We need another young gun midfielder like Cotchin in our senior team
We need another gun key forward

Play finals and the supporters will become members.

2013-2016

1-4-75

1 premiership
4 final series
75k members

DDT - there is no way Richmond will play finals this year. Wait to see how far we are off the pace over the next 2 weeks. To be headed by a Brisbane side equivalent of a VFL side at best during the 3rd Q on Thurs shows you exactly where we are at. With our remaining little confidence crushed by round 7, I even expect Paul Roos to out coach us again and Melb to do what they did to us in NAB 1 in R9 after our bye in R8. Even in Melbourne's poor years we have struggled to put them away. Roos will have his way against us again. This is a poorly performing Richmond team that got ahead of itself, received a rude shock in R1, and has gone to water since. It does not know how to change things around which is an indictment on the so called senior players at the club and coaching staff.

Six Shirts and a Suit said:
DDT - there is no way Richmond will play finals this year. Wait to see how far we are off the pace over the next 2 weeks. To be headed by a Brisbane side equivalent of a VFL side at best during the 3rd Q on Thurs shows you exactly where we are at. With our remaining little confidence crushed by round 7, I even expect Paul Roos to out coach us again and Melb to do what they did to us in NAB 1 in R9 after our bye in R8. Even in Melbourne's poor years we have struggled to put them away. Roos will have his way against us again. This is a poorly performing Richmond team that got ahead of itself, received a rude shock in R1, and has gone to water since. It does not know how to change things around which is an indictment on the so called senior players at the club and coaching staff.

That's a very forthright assessment, Roycey.
I am anticipating the Tigers being rolled by the Hawks and Cats, but to go down to Melbourne is too troubling to think about.

We missed the finals in 2012. No excuses we *smile* up bad. Blame the entire footy dept. It was a huge failure.

75k? Done.

In 2014 the finals? No choice here. 1 - 0 - 75 was never acceptable.

Brendon Gale made the pledge. He reports to the board, to Peggy O'Neil.

*But ladies are not capable of sang froid. She won't make the hard calls.* She will.

Dimma won't be sacked. He'll just take another role, or resign, in cold blood. To be fair to him, it will be his idea, but he may yet come through. I'll bet when I know the injury status but for now I'm on Dimma.

Six Shirts and a Suit said:

As of good Sunday morning there are 11 teams in the middle of the ladder on 2 & 3 wins
And last we year had a very good year
The coaches and players need to produce two good halves of footy in the same game in the next fortnight and we'll be on our way.

DirtyDogTiger said:
The zero debt part was achieved. MASSIVE TICK
We got our reserves team back and playing on a renovated PRO
The beautiful ME Bank Centre
Numerous great initiatives by the club
We qualified for the finals last year.

We need to win a final this year
We need another young gun midfielder like Cotchin in our senior team
We need another gun key forward

Play finals and the supporters will become members.

2013-2016

1-4-75

1 premiership
4 final series
75k members
Blind freddy could see the foundations that have been built. Our list is solid but still has a few flaws. Important we are measured and honest, not chase a savior coach or player.

I don't think it matters if Benny had have come out an said 100-0-5 ...bottom line an fact is we have3 rd biggest membership in the league, zero debt, played finals and have a much much better list then when we made statement....great effort by all, job is to now set high goals again an rise further in all aspects, fans must become members, big membership make it must more attractive for the big sponsorships

It was a target to aim for and I reckon we've done fantastic to get to 63k members.
No other club could achieve that especially with 33 years of no success.

Third highest membership in the WHOLE LEAGUE!

Only a thousand or so behind Hawthorn with thier 8k Tassie members and premierships galore.

Stay CALM and STRONG TIGERS.

Let's aim for 70k this year.

Carn Tiges!

P.S. Sorry CCTiger I stole your thunder a bit.

smasha said:
It was a target to aim for and I reckon we've done fantastic to get to 63k members.
No other club could achieve that especially with 33 years of no success.

Third highest membership in the WHOLE LEAGUE!

Only a thousand or so behind Hawthorn with thier 8k Tassie members and premierships galore.

Stay CALM and STRONG TIGERS.

Let's aim for 70k this year.

Carn Tiges!

P.S. Sorry CCTiger I stole your thunder a bit.
:hihi just selling the same steak knives Smasha

Nah - I think we are on track 3 (attempts) - 0 (premierships) - 75 (in 75 yrs). We have made finals in '95, '01, & '13, so tick the 3 attempts box. 0 premierships in 34 yrs and counting since 1980, so well on our way to a 75 yr drought. Benny pretty shrewd in his prediction.

IMO this 3-0-75 has killed us.
Done more damage then good on the feild

To make the finals three times was way to much pressure on the coaching staff and players.
I've got no doubt that Gale told Dimmer he's job was to get the team into finals, don't worry about flags just get us into 8.
No wonder they took short cuts to get the team into the finals to please Gale and Co, now we are paying the price for this ridiculous target.