A full list... | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

A full list...

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
As everyone knows we went short on our list this year, and took less rookies than we could have.
Is this because of salary cap pressures? And if so why were we chasing Lappin? What were we gonna pay him with? Cheese and crackers?? ???
At a time like this when injuries go nuts you need those extra players on your list. IMO you also need promotable rookies just in case. Whereas Shir has been out with injury Moore is possibly good but a longer term prospect and Pickering who will probably not be with us next year... so if we had more rookie listed players at the very least Coburg would be playing better.

Also might be time to get a new conditioning coach (for the running) not the hair.

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
TD, Richmonds conditioning coach - Noel Duncan - is one of the best going around, as is the club doctor Chris Bradshaw.

Injuries are more often just bad luck rather than bad management, but in all cases, it basically comes down to the player saying they are right to go and them passing a fitness test. The tigers have been good in that regard. Last year Richo's hammy tears where in different spots, thus unrelated.

We are short on our list due to TPP being at 100%.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
OK RR I accept those things, just very frustrated at this constant injury crap.... hopefully it will make us a better side in the future when we can afford to drop passengers from any given game.

RR
We are short on our list due to TPP being at 100%.

Again I ask why were we chasing Lappin... if we couldn't even afford a first year draftee??

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
I think the trading period had finished Dean3 and he would have gone into the pre-season draft.. of which ST Kilda had no1 and got Powell from Melb and we had number 2.

Bolton is doing well for the swans. :mad:

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
We were chasing Lappin with the view to paying him peanuts in his first year to fit him under the salary cap and making it up in the following years of his contract.
Disappointed we missed out on him, he is a very good player.

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
No worries Tigerdog.
I'm glad we didn't draft Powell or Bolton in the end, Lappin and Scotland were the 2 we were after but missed out on.