A titillating conundrum (or what to do with a naughty boy) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

A titillating conundrum (or what to do with a naughty boy)

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I've felt we are reprogramming Nathan.
Did it with Caddy last year.
This helps when you have depth.

Reprogramming is a plausible explanation.

It could be to leave the gold coast ladies at home with their skinny surfer boys,

Or it could be for the wing.

Perhaps the MC know DTLD will be back and someone has to make room and it aint gonna be notorius?

So broady goes wingman and we have two proper tough *smile* on the wing

And Marlion goes into the guts where he belongs.

We play 2 defensive wingmen and our mids go full steam ahead.

And broady, kmac form an impenetrable wall?

I dunno? I refuse to accept youde have a footballer as tough and hard running as broady, playing scratch matches with *smile* from melbourne and essendon for no good reason?

Reactions: 8 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Ricky McLean, Towner an innocent and even Balmy and Mal Brown also. Ricky was the most violent player to pull on our colours in the last 60 years.Easily.
The media nuff nuffs try to turn nothing incidents into a big story. Wouldn't Ricky give the media something to talk about, they'd wet themselves with excitement, and then sh!t themselves if they ever had to interview him.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Nah, disagree. Big Bad Mal in a points decision.

Who can remember Ricky standing under the ball in the goal square during the siege of the 69 GF?
It was 1972 Bernie, I remember it like it was yesterday.......we lost :mad:

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Ricky was just Ricky, Loved watching pre game him and Balmey strolling down to the forward line and terrorise anyone that stood them. Just plain scary / terrifying.
Don't forget Robbie McGhie down back....ah, them were the days.

Reactions: 1 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Reprogramming is a plausible explanation.

It could be to leave the gold coast ladies at home with their skinny surfer boys,

Or it could be for the wing.

Perhaps the MC know DTLD will be back and someone has to make room and it aint gonna be notorius?

So broady goes wingman and we have two proper tough *smile* on the wing

And Marlion goes into the guts where he belongs.

We play 2 defensive wingmen and our mids go full steam ahead.

And broady, kmac form an impenetrable wall?

I dunno? I refuse to accept youde have a footballer as tough and hard running as broady, playing scratch matches with *smile* from melbourne and essendon for no good reason?
Plausible

we did try him on the wing in the pre season then pushed him back

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Ricky McLean, Towner an innocent and even Balmy and Mal Brown also. Ricky was the most violent player to pull on our colours in the last 60 years.Easily.

Agree. Sometimes brutal in his approach to the football and the man trying to prevent him from getting the pill.
You could probably also throw Robbie McGhie into that equation.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
The 72 GF was the first time I had my heart broken, I couldn't believe that we didn't win.

Me too, Tigerman.
Have to admit crying into my yellow and black scarf.
It was shattering.
In my little head I had no thought or consideration that the Tigers would lose that grand final.
1973 was very sweet, though ... and 1974

Reactions: 2 users

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
I’m thinking a Grimes hamstring has culled that plan

Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I’m thinking a Grimes hamstring has culled that plan

Yeah, it the reprogramming deprogrammable?

Kmac gave us a glimpse of what rapid reprogramming deprogramming can do to a bloke, in the 60 seconds he found himself on flyin'. He looked like C3p0 when he caught that space virus and garbbled about in circles, smoking.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

tigers80

Tiger Legend
Jul 7, 2004
I'm sensing a small course of classic Steve Austin going on in the background.
Grimes first.

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
Tom and Jack are scragged, punched and blocked every week. Most importantly, their runs are routinely impeded by neanderthal defenders. Jack doesn't get frees because he is a serial whinger. Tom doesn't get frees because he is a thug.

We know the real story. The club knows the real story.

But what to do about it? We are getting flooded, choked, blocked, out-marked. Our entries are massively skewed to quantity over quality.

What is the answer, oh footy gods?!

Well, the answer might be a naughty, knockabout bloke we can't fit into D50 because as a club we are falling in love with a man named Noah. A 15 year key back of biblical stature.

This is not to denigrate naughty boy Broad in any way. He can run all day, read the ball exceptionally well, is team-oriented and has tidied his kicking to adequately neat.

Naughty boy is an asset in any man's language. So what to do with blue-chip surplus?

You mount a finals campaign with a curveball, that's what you do. Towner in 2017. Bolton and the Nank/Soldo tuck combo in 2019. You need a point of difference. Something the oppo won't have time to properly combat.

So why can't Naughty Boy play as a defensive forward? Do what George is supposed to do but with ballistic air control? NB can also take a grab and apply very good ground pressure. Tellingly, he has much greater intensity than Chol, alas.

While we're all fretting about Naughty Boy, I can just picture him being put through a three-week crash course in the Richmond Way, F50 style. To be unveiled against a lesser team like Fremantle and perfected against Geelong and Adelaide.

I for one will be keeping abreast of the situation with great interest. Could end up being one of Hardwick's finest moments.

Great post mate. Love to see you as a newspaper journalist. Far better than the current crop. I honestly think caddy is the man. Balta is sorely needed down back at the moment, but love your thinking and could definitely be an option.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Broad to the Wing, Marlion into the middle might be the go.

That way the Tigers also get him dropping back into defence to help out, with both he and Grover guarding space all over the ground that will make transitions for the opposition more difficult.

Maybe Dion is not looking very likely or not making the progress they'd hope he'd be making so they are working on plan B should Dion not get up.

If thats the plan then what of Caddy ...back forward??

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Ahh ... the 1972 Grand Final, the first of 16 I have been fortunate enough to attend out of 28 years living in Australia.
I was nine and still have a very clear memory of saying to my Dad at quarter time (we were down 5.4 to 8.4), "I thought we were going to win this".
His reply "They got a bit lucky to kick eight goals in a quarter ... they won't do that again".
Smart man my Dad ... they kicked TEN in the second quarter.
10.9 to 18.6 at half time ... in a Grand Final!
Even pre Covid, these days that would be an amazing scoreline.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Ahh ... the 1972 Grand Final, the first of 16 I have been fortunate enough to attend out of 28 years living in Australia.
I was nine and still have a very clear memory of saying to my Dad at quarter time (we were down 5.4 to 8.4), "I thought we were going to win this".
His reply "They got a bit lucky to kick eight goals in a quarter ... they won't do that again".
Smart man my Dad ... they kicked TEN in the second quarter.
10.9 to 18.6 at half time ... in a Grand Final!
Even pre Covid, these days that would be an amazing scoreline.

I'm lucky we didn't move to Melbourne until the start of 1974. A couple of years ago I actually watched the 1972 GF, amazing game. Just goal after goal after goal. Carlton also kicked very straight. Shocking we lost that one but we made up for it in the next 2 years and added a bit of revenge in the '73 GF.

1982 is the only GF loss I remember and it was a shocker - we were supposed to win that one too.

DS