Aaron Fiona and Spud | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Aaron Fiona and Spud

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
These two must chuckle when they are by themselves, for the fact that they week in week out dupe the RFC by pretending to be footballers/coach.

Fiora is a joke. After 4 years he is still a skinny runt who doesn't impose himself in any way on the game. His weak body is pushed around, and his feeble mind tells him that to use his blinding pace to chase an opponent may hurt a bit so why not make a half hearted attempt and give the impression that he is trying. I doubt if we will get anything of any value for him now, as he has been exposed for the faggot that he truely is. To the people that agreed that Fiora was a better option than Pavlich, thank you for stuffing up the RFC for another 5 years.

Spud. My grandmother asked me if Frawley should be sacked because the team can't win? My response was that Danny in 4 years has built a crap list and as such we are not winning matches. This IMO is his biggest fault. His inability to understand the ability of the list and what is required to make it better. To this end, he is being led by Greg Beck who clearly doesn't know what is what when evaluating football ability and picks Fiora ahead of Pavlich, Pettifer ahead of Burgoyne etc...

Spud has really hurt this club and it is being reflected in the crap membership numbers. For that, I have no respect for him. The ultimate test was against Bris and it showed we are so far off the pace that a total rebuild of the list is required.

Solution - As soon as Frawley's contract is up, tell him to take a hike and give somebody else a go. Somebody who will openly say we are a laughing stock, that are so easy to beat it can be done with a pre game pep talk.

Clean the list right out. I would be happy to go backwards for a year if it was evident we were trying to develop some decent kids and build a list for the future.

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
Here Here Rampaging your post was both informative and Concise I agree in fact he should not see out his contract he should be sacked......they have no more respect from the day he walked in to now.......

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
The only way is if there is a 100 point flogging dealt out to them then the pressure will be over whelming to act and I doubt that will happen because when the writing is on the wall he will stack the back line.......their road trips are a joke they have lost the last 10 interstate trips and the mjority of those have been floggings

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
Did anyone see Chris Connolly's press conference yesterday, there is a man with a plan for his footy club.

He's trying to build his team into a group that can challenge for a flag in a couple of years, and hence is constantly introducing new talent into the team, and giving them opportunities.

Our kids never get a chance and even when they do get a game, they just sit on the bench all day.

Hyde is a perfect example, he may not be an AFL player, but when he's now played 4 games, and spent 40 minutes on the ground, how would we know?

COughlan didnt get a chance until the season was gone last year, and Newman only got a chance when Cameron pulled out with an injury.

Stop trying to scramble to the 8, and take a few steps back, build a team that isnt good enough to win 11 games and finish 8th, but a team that can win 15 plus games for the year and not only finish top 4, but challenge for the flag.

NO MORE QUICK FIXES (actually, one more - SACK SPUD)

Rampaging_Richo

Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
PRR, I know I sound a bit like Diggler and others, but I am sick of the crap we are being dished up year after year, and after being a Frawley apologist for most of the year, I will no longer put my head in the sand.

We are a joke of a club, and it almost makes me want to cry. Incompotent fools are ruining this club and it must be stopped.

I read on the Hawks board some weeks ago, a poster wrote that "Richmond would implode - they always do.." after we beat the dees to go 6-2. Sam Newman also said on MMM that the tiges would not make the finals on the same weekend. On both cases I laughed in the comforting knowledge that we as a club had improved and people just couldn't accept this fact.

Fast forward 6 weeks and what has happened?

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
Rampaging Richo said:
After 4 years he is still a skinny runt

i really doubt that he can help that. He spends as much time (if not more in the gym as the other boys.)

I will continue to stick up for Aaron FIORA (not fiona) I do admitt he needs to improve ALOT but i have faith in him. He's noly played 52 or 53 games. I think he needs more game time to build his confidence, even if they play him at coburg for a few weeks.

As i said i will continue to stick up for him (as i normally do with Bowden) against the likes of diggler, laff and anyone else that fits into the "lets verbally bash the crap out of our club, players and coaches group" :)

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Here here rampaging - glad you've come around and have seen the light. A few other posters either can't see the light or don't want to jump on the bandwagon thats being driven by Diggler, directions given by FUD, while Laffs and myself are welcoming all the passangers on board and serving them some refreshments. The engine has been warming up for a while now. Nice to have you on board rampaging. Anyone else?

P

PuntRoadRoar

Its ok Rampaging Richo, i know how you feel, my feelings are the same, we have to endure the same excuses year after year.

But in saying that I dont mind people having a go at the club, it means that they love our great club and care for our best interests what annoys me is people and I will name them... like Warpig who say they have supported us long enough and walk away only to come back next year when we are 6-2 and say they have supported us all their life.

The last thing we need at richmond are people who walk away, its ok to complain and get frustrated and point your disapproval on these messageboards, thats what they are for, but its the people who say they will walk away that annoy the hell out of me, it means they couldnt careless what happens to us in the next 3-5 years.

If we all took that attitude then we wouldnt have a club at all and i want my tigers around for ever even if they do frustrate me. The more people complain and voice our disapproval then hopefully it increases the chances of our team actually listening and moving in a positive direction but walking away doesnt do any of us any good.

go tiges!!!!!!

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
I couldn't care if Fiora turns up 20 kilos heavier next year flexing his pecs, he will never be any good. Hasn't got a footy brain. How many times do you have to be caught in a tackle to realise in your pea brain that you are not quicker than everyone else here?

Nothing but a show pony. I can see him dominating in the VFL.

Rampaging_Richo

Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
Gotigers - Fiora spends more time in the gym than most people......what crap :mad:

There is a difference between spending time in the gym and actually doing some hard work, and I speak from personal experience here. If a person wants to put some size and strength on it can quite easily be done by a combination of hard work and pushing your body past what it is capable of - something Aaron clearly has an aversion to - and cosuming enough food so the body can grow and capatilise on the work that it has done. Aarons failure to properly prepare himself for AFL is an indictment on himself and a failure to repay the faith the club has put in him.

The simple fact that we all have to accept is that Fiora is no good, and just because we wasted a No. 2 draft pick on him doesn't make him an automatic star. Sometimes it is best to cut your losses and start over again. And the sting in the tail is that his market value would be pretty low after his pissweak performances this year. At best we would get a high 2nd round pick, more likely a 3rd round pick or a player who like aaron has potential but delivers nothing.

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
Unfortunately Gotiger their is little positive we can repeat over and over again!
Although some of you make me laugh. Did you really expect them to beat Brisbane? Yet you bag Frawley now and want him sacked, (which is a good thing), but two weeks ago when we were beaten by a rabble again, you supported him.
Welcome aboard.

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
diggler said:
Unfortunately Gotiger their is little positive we can repeat over and over again!

Yes little positive, but you guys dont mind repeating the same mindless negatives over and over :-\

diggler said:
Although some of you make me laugh. Did you really expect them to beat Brisbane?

Never excpeted to beat Brisbane, even blind Freddy could see we didnt have half a chance.

diggler said:
Yet you bag Frawley now and want him sacked, (which is a good thing),
[/qoute]

Havent bag frawley, or said i wanted him sacked. Not that i can recall anyway

Rampaging_Richo

Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
Diggler, I never seriously thought we would win, but it was the fact that on a night when the lions were off their best, we were clearly unable to even get within a bulls roar of winning.

I used the match as a guide as to where the club is at in relation to the best team in the comp and how far we off contesting for a flag.

Answer = 10 years +

I have bagged you and your cohort all year but now apologise as I have seen the light. It wasn't that I didn't like Frawley, I was more hoping in vain that Spud would become this great coach and lead us somewhere, anywhere away from the wilderness. Unfortunatley Spuds Melways only has 2 maps, and neither goes anywhere near a town called success, skill, teamwork. The maps only refer to towns called lazy, unskillful, selfish and bottom 8.

crackertiger

Swan street 2017
Jan 4, 2003
melbourne
The fact that Aaron Fiona is lucky to be out of bed before 1.pm most days, is a disgrace.

By the look of his muscle tone I doubt that he spends enough time in the gym.

Logic tells you that he will not put on weight until he changes his lifestyle.

On Frawley, I truely believe that his performance based contract is getting the better of his judgement.

Why do King, Rogers, Biddiscombe and Pettifer get a game?

Why wont we play Mc Grath, Hyde, and Schulz?

On Beck, incompetent, sack him now.

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
crackertiger said:
The fact that Aaron Fiona is lucky to be out of bed before 1.pm most days, is a disgrace.

How do you know that he doesnt get out of bed before 1pm?? Can you prove this?

And for god's sake why the hell is everyone calling him Fiona?? is it sposed to be some kind of joke, or is it that you dont know your players names?

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Rampaging - apology accepted.

And yes it has been well celebrated on the richmond afl site that fiona's favourite past time is sleeping. Very unprofessional if you ask me. Trade him for anything up pick number 50.