Aaron Fiona and Spud | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Aaron Fiona and Spud

iLoVeNeWmAn

RFC - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em
Apr 15, 2003
www.abcsports.com.au
Yeah, why is everyone calling him Aaron Fiona???

Get it right will ya's, it's 'Amanda Fiora'!!!

Seriously though, I would get rid of a handful of others before I'd let Fiora go. Before Saturday night, I thought he was one of the few who was giving us any drive which is much more than most others can say.

At the moment, we need all the pace we can get. Until our list gets better, and that ain't happening for a long time, Fiora will be a required Richmond player.

Maybe try and trade him at years end, but if we solve the Dud problem and get a real coach, I reckon there's definately a place for Captain Snooze!!!

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
As someone mentioned earlier I think the Spuds performance based contract is actually having an adverse effect which has caused him to become too self preservationist.

if that makes sense.

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
If Frawleys on a performanced based contract then surley it means just that.....and clearly he is not performing so there fore Richmond should have some come back

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
IloveNewman said:
Yeah, why is everyone calling him Aaron Fiona???

Get it right will ya's, it's 'Amanda Fiora'!!!

Funny :-\

IloveNewman said:
Seriously though, I would get rid of a handful of others before I'd let Fiora go.

Agree. I would get rid Bidders, King, Pettifer, and Hilton before Fiora.

IloveNewman said:
if we solve the Dud problem and get a real coach, I reckon there's definately a place for Captain Snooze!!!

Agree again, Danny Frawley doesnt know how to get the best out of his players

gustiger12 said:
the Spuds performance based contract

If Frawley is on a preformance basded contract why didnt he go at the end of '02 when we finished 14th? ???

crackertiger

Swan street 2017
Jan 4, 2003
melbourne
Amanda Fiona and Julie Bowden are being played out of position in my opinion.

Fiona is clearly unhappy with the fact that he can't get a run on the wing because of Julie Bowden and Tivendale. It really shows with his change of attitude this year. He hated the fact that he had to man up on Bradshaw.

Julie Bowden gets alot of posessions up on the wing but wastes them because he has poor disposal on the run and under pressure.

I have always said that Bowden would be of better value to us across half forward because he can find space there to kick goals.

Bowden is also a good set shot for goal.

Rory's attitude has also changed for the worse, perhaps its because of the frustration of not being able to settle into a position.

Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to defend these pea hearts, but there could just be a undercurrent of disapproval for Danny Frawleys team structure.

What has Rodan done this year? Gone backwards in my opinion, because Frawley wont let him settle into a position.

If you said to a player, "I'm going to leave you on the wing all day today no matter what happens", that player would not have the fear of being dragged, but they would have time to gain confidence.