Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

Problem is this
The club has fallen off the cliff in many ways . On and off the field
Yes injuries have impacted but other clubs have injuries and seem to cover them
Geelong hasn’t fallen off the cliff , they have climbed the mountain and continue to excel on and off the field
Our recruiting over the past 5 years and development of players has been very average
The Kosi and Naismith drafting is comical with Kosi unable to get a game and struggling at VFL level , guess what , he did the same at the Hawks as well . There isn’t anything in the water at Punt Rd to make them superstars you know . Naismith simply isn’t an AFL player
Good story though , but AFL is ruthless , it’s a not RomCom Movie
On YZE , can he coach ? 🤔. Who knows but his assistants are very ordinary . 2 sacked AFL coaches supporting him isn’t a good situation. I look at Mitchell at Hawks . Can he coach ? Probably can . His positional moves of Sicily and Hardwick over the past month has won him 2 games
Why YZE didn’t try and change things up on Sunday at 3/4 time and try and win the game by putting Vlaustin forward is beyond belief . Just kick the ball down the line as usual to Ryan from Freo. Each and every week we kick the ball down the line to the opposition
Ryan yesterday, previous week Gawn May and Lever . Happens every week .
Going to be an interesting month ahead , irrelevant who returns , you cannot play that game style and kick the ball back to your opponents. YZE needs to be innovative
I suggest he may be badly advised in the box and with team selection
You had me until "Vlastuin forward", not gonna lie.

Reactions: 1 user
You had me until "Vlastuin forward", not gonna lie.
Yep
Sicily ring a bell ?
Coaches have to be daring , not conservative!!!
Vluastin played forward for a quarter last year
He also played on ball early in his career
Kicked 3 goals against West Coast early in his career

At the games watching our play, you notice a couple of things:

When we take a mark in defence, we go wide and the dump kick down the wing because we have no one presenting as an option at 45 degrees towards the centre or making space in front of the kicker along the wing. We seem to have our players all move forward looking for the long kick. Maybe that is a function of skills (accurate stab passes to a chest) or stamina to be able to run and lead. The fewtimes I see us go 45 degrees, you see kicks sail over heads or hang in the air so long that it results in spoil or turnover. Not all, but enough to scare the next player not to try in case they also turn it over. You see other teams skilfully pass up the field to players who present. Little 15-20m kicks that forces the opposition to “stand” and give the player a second or two under no pressure to look at the next option. They can’t touch you.

Once we get it forward of centre on the wing or through the middle, what happens - high kick to a contest. You can just see at the ground no one gut running to lead into space or heaven forbid separate from the other forwards to spread the defence. Is it a directive? Do the coaches acknowledge skills may not be up to pin point passes so just bomb it in and we‘ll rely on crumbing goals?

Finally, our players get brushed aside when trying to tackle. Happens week after week.

We neverservatuons too.

were overly skilful, but We used to run over the top of teams. Not anymore. We would swarm tackle. Not anymore. We have regressed in these areas which needs some attention going into next year. Oh and getting the skills up wouldn’t hurt.
Nailed it. These were all my observations too. Couldn’t have said it better.

Yep
Sicily ring a bell ?
Coaches have to be daring , not conservative!!!
Vluastin played forward for a quarter last year
He also played on ball early in his career
Kicked 3 goals against West Coast early in his career
There is an article about Sicily in The Age today. He hurt his shoulder early in the game and then in the 3rd he rolled his ankle so he was severely restricted. He asked Mitchell at the 3 quarter time huddle to move him forward because he felt he couldn't compete with his injuries.

Gutsy effort and big credit to him but hardly a master coach move

Reactions: 6 users
Facts are we are second last on ladder and don’t look like winning another game if we keep playing this rubbish

I get that being crap sucks and from an emotional perspective we want someone to blame. But it’s who we are with the outs we have.

Any form of rational thinking says that if you take what we have lost out of any team then they will also be propping up the ladder for the rest of the competition.

Take it to an extreme - if you lost your starting 22 and played your vfl team against the afl teams would you be playing rubbish or are you rubbish. U8s vs nba basketball? Those u8s need to lift.

With that said Meehan needs to go and clean out that team.

Reactions: 4 users
Yze can't be judged as a coach at the moment. When he has a better list of players available then we can start judging him but even then it will take time for him to put his stamp on the team.
2025 will really start telling the story
The two things that I am looking for this year is continuing effort which has been generally good with a few lapses but is going to get harder as time goes by, and whether he will make hard decisions later in the season. For example is he willing to play bigger names in the VFL if he sees that they don't fit the longer term plan?

Reactions: 12 users
Get the sense from recent pressers that even Yze is starting to feel flattened by our injury situation.

Reactions: 2 users
Biggest issue ATM is our midfield.

We are getting blitzed in there.

Centre clearances 5-14 on the weekend. and overall lost 16-36. That is a smashing.

We're down on personnel, but the players we do have are also struggling (or aren't up to it).

Nank is normally a good clearance player, but not having any influence.

Shai's had a good year, but poor on the weekend, especially when given so much opportunity from the middle.

Look at these numbers:

Number won/How many centre bounces attended

Baker - 2/19
Bolton - 1/20
Nank - 1/20
Dow - 1/10
Sonsie - 0/9
Dusty - 0/8
Marlion - 0/7
Naismith - 0/3

Damning. Makes it very hard when you are constantly on the backfoot. Defence always under pressure and forwards don't get one on one opportunities before defences get set.
None of those guys, except Pickett, have size and a defensive attitude/aptitude. and i reckon if we had our starters available we would rarely have 2 of them in the square together. maybe Bakes and Bolton alongside a bigger body sometimes.

But clearly we need to be finding some more who can compete- McAulliffe is the obvious first hope. Sonsie is a maybe. and then whatever we can get from the draft.

Yze can't be judged as a coach at the moment. When he has a better list of players available then we can start judging him but even then it will take time for him to put his stamp on the team.
2025 will really start telling the story
The two things that I am looking for this year is continuing effort which has been generally good with a few lapses but is going to get harder as time goes by, and whether he will make hard decisions later in the season. For example is he willing to play bigger names in the VFL if he sees that they don't fit the longer term plan?
Yep.

Number 1 candidate in Dylan Grimes.

Will he go back to the VFL and mentor the younger guys? Or is he above that?

It will speak volumes of the culture of the older half of the playing group.

First thing Yze needs to do is get Livingstone out of the box, i have no idea but personally i'm starting to think this guy has to much say.
Too many moves recently we have seen in previous years

• Love
First thing Yze needs to do is get Livingstone out of the box, i have no idea but personally i'm starting to think this guy has to much say.
I’ve never seen Yze say a word when cameras go to him in the coaches box I’ve seen him play with his pen and recently eat snakes
What I do see is Livingstone right beside him in the coaches box wearing the headsets at training once again he’s right next to him
If he thought he could coach he shouldve put his hand up for the job He needs to back off and let Yze run his team

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Facts are we are second last on ladder and don’t look like winning another game if we keep playing this rubbish
Investing for the future not the now. Draft picks > finishing mid-table. We're no good for finals.

I’ve never seen Yze say a word when cameras go to him in the coaches box I’ve seen him play with his pen and recently eat snakes
What I do see is Livingstone right beside him in the coaches box wearing the headsets at training once again he’s right next to him
If he thought he could coach he shouldve put his hand up for the job He needs to back off and let Yze run his team
one of the more ridiculous takes I have read TBH.

Livo will be relaying messages from ALL the assisant / line coaches to the bench, not a role you would want your senior coach doing

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users
Fair post. Yze needs to do his job without his boss looking over his shoulder. May be wrong but don't think Dimma had Livo in the box next to him.

one of the more ridiculous takes I have read TBH.

Livo will be relaying messages from ALL the assisant / line coaches to the bench, not a role you would want your senior coach doing

Yep, some bizarre irrational takes (even for PRE) that are a million miles from reality.

Livo is now not just influencing selection, but making in game moves Bahahaha! Hilarious!

Reactions: 11 users
Yep, some bizarre irrational takes (even for PRE) that are a million miles from reality.

Livo is now not just influencing selection, but making in game moves Bahahaha! Hilarious!
Must be the double agent from SHocking Headquarters.