Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

The good news is that many of our younger players are gaining self-belief and confidence because Yze is trusting them and consistently giving them playing time.
Agree, Djjp.

Thing with Beavis (especially after 2020) was he was in a real hurry for wins.
Not looking at player development.
New guy would come in 1-2 games max then gonskis back to the 2's.
Then bring someone else in under same time frame.
No wonder not too many newbies thrived.
Then Dimma pidgeon holes you.
When he did that you were stuffed.

Ooze is not in a hurry.
He is the polar opposite.
Especially with the personnel availability.
Let the kids settle. Getting good blocks of games.
Wins Loss of little consequence.

Hopefully we'll reap the rewards long term with this method.
(Of course this does nothing for our mood now losing every week).

We have to be patient.
Where have we heard that before?

Just have to back him in.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
This is utter crap and disrespectful to Dimma. I've stuck the boots into him for bailing, but he was the mastermind at RFC.

If he were no good, Gold Coast would have hired a token motivator, and reassembled Dimma's assistants to support him.

Think throughout the Dynasty, only Leppitsch was the constant in the box outside of Dimma. McRae got promoted from VFL to AFL, but wasn't a line coach in 17.

If Dimma was an average coach that was saved by his assistants, either Leppitsch is the gun, or Dimma had lightning strike in the seats next to him an awful lot.
I didn't say he didn't play his part Dimma so you lost me there. I said his assistants and Balme deserve more credit. One by one they left we went downhill to you can't deny that. His last 2 seasons with us he didn't coach us well .

Your talking a bit of crap first off. The mastermind was Balme. He come to the club end of 2016 and sort out the footy department and the coaches. It aren't no coincedence success follows him every where he goes Dimma was lost before he come .

Reactions: 1 users
I didn't say he didn't play his part Dimma so you lost me there. I said his assistants and Balme deserve more credit. One by one they left we went downhill to you can't deny that. His last 2 seasons with us he didn't coach us well .

Your talking a bit of crap first off. The mastermind was Balme. He come to the club end of 2016 and sort out the footy department and the coaches. It aren't no coincedence success follows him every where he goes Dimma was lost before he come .
We went down hill not because he couldn't coach or his assistants left, but because rules changed to counteract our game style (eg stand) and our players lost the hunger. Injuries started to show with older bodies.

Remember Rutten left. Then Caracella. We kept winning. Sure the assistants contributed. It's always a team effort, but Hardwick kept his team and his players going even through the departures.

You're downplaying the fact Mrs Hardwick reminded Dimma that he'd lost himself at the end of 2016. It caused him to reflect on his own performance/behaviours and he knew he had to change. Reiwoldt and Cotchin met and talked about the legacy they wanted to leave the club at the end of 2016, and changed culture in the playing group thereafter.

It wasn't just like the Great Vanilla Slice walked in and waved a wand and we got better. Clearly Balme has helped, probably with our administration more than coaching. But there was no 1 messiah who made us great. And there was no 1 failing that saw us go downhill.

Dynasties fall apart. Brisbane did. Hawthorn have. Geelong rebuilt - took them 11 years. Now it's our turn. But a few assistants leaving wasn't the cause.

Reactions: 13 users
This week i want him to just gather sonz kane and dow in a meeting together and say boys use are the starting mids this week and back em in there is not alot to loose and plenty to gain form this. Its time to give them a run of 3 weeks while hopper and taranto are out. Yes they will get smashed at times but who knows they could stand up and genuinely show something also

Reactions: 2 users
This week i want him to just gather sonz kane and dow in a meeting together and say boys use are the starting mids this week and back em in there is not alot to loose and plenty to gain form this. Its time to give them a run of 3 weeks while hopper and taranto are out. Yes they will get smashed at times but who knows they could stand up and genuinely show something also
Ideally you’d like to introduce them slowly with some mature bodies around them.
Without that option, what’s left? The old saying “in the deep end, sink or swim” well that will test their mettle won’t it. Still chec’ some bigger or experienced blokes in there now and then. Dusty, Shai, Marlion, Bakes

IMG_0606.jpegI may be wrong but the guy in blue on the right is Tim Livingstone
Is he ever anywhere but beside or behind Yze and always wearing the headsets in the coaches box
Where’s Newman Ziebell Teague Rutten?

View attachment 22606I may be wrong but the guy in blue on the right is Tim Livingstone
Is he ever anywhere but beside or behind Yze and always wearing the headsets in the coaches box
Ooze mentioned in the pre-season that he wanted Livo near him to check and make sure all coaches operated properly. Maybe just a way to settle in.

View attachment 22606I may be wrong but the guy in blue on the right is Tim Livingstone
FFS. Is that bloody Sonzarelli sagging off n lurking in the background again???

• Haha
  • Love
All makes sense Livingstone has a huge say on what’s going on
We’re onto our 3rd coach The Match committee selections it’s much the same same
The same players gifted games week after week Whilst others only get 1 game to prove themselves

He mentioned during the week he hadn't yelled at the players yet. Hopefully he gave a few of them a spray after the game.

Reactions: 1 user
Problem is this
The club has fallen off the cliff in many ways . On and off the field
Yes injuries have impacted but other clubs have injuries and seem to cover them
Geelong hasn’t fallen off the cliff , they have climbed the mountain and continue to excel on and off the field
Our recruiting over the past 5 years and development of players has been very average
The Kosi and Naismith drafting is comical with Kosi unable to get a game and struggling at VFL level , guess what , he did the same at the Hawks as well . There isn’t anything in the water at Punt Rd to make them superstars you know . Naismith simply isn’t an AFL player
Good story though , but AFL is ruthless , it’s a not RomCom Movie
On YZE , can he coach ? 🤔. Who knows but his assistants are very ordinary . 2 sacked AFL coaches supporting him isn’t a good situation. I look at Mitchell at Hawks . Can he coach ? Probably can . His positional moves of Sicily and Hardwick over the past month has won him 2 games
Why YZE didn’t try and change things up on Sunday at 3/4 time and try and win the game by putting Vlaustin forward is beyond belief . Just kick the ball down the line as usual to Ryan from Freo. Each and every week we kick the ball down the line to the opposition
Ryan yesterday, previous week Gawn May and Lever . Happens every week .
Going to be an interesting month ahead , irrelevant who returns , you cannot play that game style and kick the ball back to your opponents. YZE needs to be innovative
I suggest he may be badly advised in the box and with team selection

Problem is this
Geelong hasn’t fallen off the cliff , they have climbed the mountain and continue to excel on and off the field
Our recruiting over the past 5 years and development of players has been very average
The Kosi and Naismith drafting is comical with Kosi unable to get a game and struggling at VFL level , guess what , he did the same at the Hawks as well . There isn’t anything in the water at Punt Rd to make them superstars you know . Naismith simply isn’t an AFL player
On YZE , can he coach ? 🤔. Who knows but his assistants are very ordinary . 2 sacked AFL coaches supporting him isn’t a good situation. I look at Mitchell at Hawks . Can he coach ? Probably can . His positional moves of Sicily and Hardwick over the past month has won him 2 games
Why YZE didn’t try and change things up on Sunday at 3/4 time and try and win the game by putting Vlaustin forward is beyond belief . Just kick the ball down the line as usual to Ryan from Freo. Each and every week we kick the ball down the line to the opposition
Going to be an interesting month ahead , irrelevant who returns , you cannot play that game style and kick the ball back to your opponents. YZE needs to be innovative
Of course Cats are flying, they have 1 best 23 player on their injury list. Yesterday we played 12 player under 38 games so of course we are going to struggle as we have.

Reactions: 7 users
Problem is this

Or we can’t win it at the source with our starting midfield out and are lacking in tall forwards so when the other team applies pressure and forces dump kicks we get smashed. Vlaustin forward isn’t going to change that. The cupboard is bare fwd and mid.

Blaming the coach is laughable to me but my opinion is probably the same to you.

Reactions: 8 users