AFL Announces Radical Plan for Early Return | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFL Announces Radical Plan for Early Return

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
AFL Announces Radical Plan for Early Return

By Connie-Lynn Gisse for spittle.com

Former North Melbourne coach Brad Scott has made his first mark as the AFL’s Competition Evolution Manager, proposing a novel way to enable AFL games to be played without contravening social distancing guidelines.

“[Brother] Chris had come over to my house, and we had strapped on some marking practice pads and were punching the crap out of each other. But our arms couldn’t reach. We were practicing social distancing while taking part in a contact sport. Then I thought, we could evolve the AFL with this.”

Scott’s plan is for AFL players to wear transparent personal protective outerware that maintains a safe distance between players while they take part in a contact sport. “It’s like bubble soccer,” Scott said, “but it’s radically different as this would be an AFL-approved product”.

The AFL’s Director of *smile* Up Footy, Steve Hocking, threw his support behind the idea. “I used to play backyard footy with my brother, and Gary’s afro prevented any direct contact between the two of us,” he said.

“I even think that Gary’s 3D permamullet may have protected him from concussion. His brain power is still as strong as when he was six, whereas my sensible hair didn’t protect me in a collision and now I’m *smile* mad.”

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Good to see Spittle have got their virtual working environment up and running. No JobKeeper payments needed for this mob.