AFL Betting Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFL Betting Thread

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Now I admit to being full of p!ss and vinegar after a good weekend on the punt...........I reckon the Dogs at $3.10 are a chance of beating the PPP, the Port Power Pretenders. They have had an easy draw, and have only beaten a homesick Eagles and an up and down GWS, the Lions pumped them by 6 goals.
I also admit to having an intense dislike for them.
Don't ask me who's going to kick the goals for the Dogs.
Anyhow, I've taken a couple of Multis with them and a win and a place on Ihtsahhym in the Darwin Cup which is on in 5 minutes.

Reactions: 1 user

Jake

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
Sportsbet, Dusty to kick 2 or mores goals - $3.10. Cameron to kick 2 or goals $1.72. Try and work that out?

• Haha

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Richmond to win is $1.96 with the corporates and $2.10 on Betfair. Just looks easy money.

Speaking of, Betfair allows you to play bookie and lay bets. I've laid Port to make the grand final and to win it. They can't win it. Cannot. And it will be a miracle if they beat two of Richmond, West Coast, Brisbane, GWS or Collingwood to make it.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Richmond to win is $1.96 with the corporates and $2.10 on Betfair. Just looks easy money.

Speaking of, Betfair allows you to play bookie and lay bets. I've laid Port to make the grand final and to win it. They can't win it. Cannot. And it will be a miracle if they beat two of Richmond, West Coast, Brisbane, GWS or Collingwood to make it.

yeah its free money tonight spook. help yourself.

how does the laying work? and are you taking some poor dumb *smile* money, or are you taking bookies money?

if its the latter, that opens a big pandoras box full of creme de menthe.

I reckon theres money to be made laying WC as soon as a Gabba GF is locked in. Simpson will sook and moan and they'll fold.

come to think of it, you could lay 7 of the top 8 without a worry in the world

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
yeah its free money tonight spook. help yourself.

how does the laying work? and are you taking some poor dumb *smile* money, or are you taking bookies money?

if its the latter, that opens a big pandoras box full of creme de menthe.

I reckon theres money to be made laying WC as soon as a Gabba GF is locked in. Simpson will sook and moan and they'll fold.

come to think of it, you could lay 7 of the top 8 without a worry in the world
You're taking another punter's money, as you are with any bet on Betfair. They just act as agents and take a small percentage from whoever wins. It's why their odds are always better, because it's a genuine exchange, like a stock market. There's no 'house'.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
You're taking another punter's money, as you are with any bet on Betfair. They just act as agents and take a small percentage from whoever wins. It's why their odds are always better, because it's a genuine exchange, like a stock market. There's no 'house'.

If taking money from poor dumb people was my thing,

I'd probably buy a Harvey Norman franchise.

I enjoy taking from the white-teethed, shiny haired, private schooled crooked heirs who have plenty more.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
The down side is you have to risk a lot to win a little, with the money held for a long time. $10 runners in races have to be layed at $13+. I've done a bit of it but laying is hard yakka in the long run. The odds on Betfair with markets effectively at 100% really highlight the absurdly high take out from TABs and corporates and how backing on those outlets makes it impossible to be in front long term.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
The down side is you have to risk a lot to win a little, with the money held for a long time. $10 runners in races have to be layed at $13+. I've done a bit of it but laying is hard yakka in the long run. The odds on Betfair with markets effectively at 100% really highlight the absurdly high take out from TABs and corporates and how backing on those outlets makes it impossible to be in front long term.
You sets your price and if someone matches it, they match it. If not, no bet. I'll be paying $4 if Port makes the grand final. I'm pretty comfortable with that. I agree that generally prices are much better than corporates, but if you identify when the market has it wrong there are opportunities to lay. It's not something I do a lot of, though.

Jake

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
If taking money from poor dumb people was my thing,

I'd probably buy a Harvey Norman franchise.

I enjoy taking from the white-teethed, shiny haired, private schooled crooked heirs who have plenty more.

Having a bet eZyT, reckon Jack or Dusty might have a night out.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
good luck
I think I'll probably need it, but I'm in a rare bit of form at the moment.
Wrong thread, but keep your eye out for Showmanship in a week or two, along with Regal Power.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Who needs anything left in superannuation,
While the bookies fail to grasp richmond?

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
eZy monay. You'll be happy to know I hit the bookies and not the poor dumb buggers.

• Love

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
eZy monay. You'll be happy to know I hit the bookies and not the poor dumb buggers.

One day those *smile* are gonna get facial recognition and sirens will go off when i walk into the tote.

Im tracking for a record profit in 2020