AFL Betting Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFL Betting Thread

spook

Tiger Legend
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Special shout out to @spook who suggested the Rich Brissie GF quinella 2 or 3 months ago. Took the 30s and 28s on offer Betfair but alas it wasn't to be
I also laid it off for guaranteed profit, and backed the Richmond-Geelong quinella, and had a little on Geelong to win the flag at $8 to go with my bet on Richmond at $10.

Us beating Geelong in the GF was my best result, followed by us beating Brisbane, then us beating anyone else, then Geelong beating us, then Geelong beating anyone. I've done well, I reckon!

Reactions: 1 users

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020
Aug 27, 2003
RFC
I wondered and asked what were the odds for a manual bet for Tiges to go Back to back ($6.70/1)
Odds for a 3-peat $~about $27/1)

Markets are nervous on how good we are. Made me a touch more confident for tmrw :)
BUMP..

Just rang Sportsbet, girl was laughing and congratulating me. They are paying out the B2B today.

My 3 Peat bet is still live (2 legs completed)

Go TIGES ! How sweet this one was

(Not a big punter, small bets for fun, max $10. But gezz feels so good)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
BUMP..

Just rang Sportsbet, girl was laughing and congratulating me. They are paying out the B2B today.

My 3 Peat bet is still live (2 legs completed)

Go TIGES ! How sweet this one was

(Not a big punter, small bets for fun, max $10. But gezz feels so good)

great stuff Al.

I'm announcing a record annual punting profit.

I think I may have announced my 2017 annual profit in The London?

up around 65% on '17 and 80% on '19.

I like the gradient of this graph

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Not AFL betting but yet another punting screw up, this time the TAB.

This guy puts a total of $50 on 3 different 2001-1 shots on a Major League Baseball game. They all get up and he’s owed $184,892. The biggest payout of the 3 ($120,000) gets put in his TAB account but when he goes to withdraw it the TAB have rescinded it. They then claimed that the odds of 2001-1 were listed in a “technical error“ and that they’ve paid him out for the correct odds which paid out just $196. The TAB claim they can do this under its “terms and conditions “.

MD Jazz

Tiger Legend
Feb 3, 2017
Not AFL betting but yet another punting screw up, this time the TAB.

This guy puts a total of $50 on 3 different 2001-1 shots on a Major League Baseball game. They all get up and he’s owed $184,892. The biggest payout of the 3 ($120,000) gets put in his TAB account but when he goes to withdraw it the TAB have rescinded it. They then claimed that the odds of 2001-1 were listed in a “technical error“ and that they’ve paid him out for the correct odds which paid out just $196. The TAB claim they can do this under its “terms and conditions “.

I can half understand that. The 3 teams must have been around 1.7 each (assuming the $196 is his profit). Less than $1.60 each if that includes his original stake. It is different to the circumstance where you have say 10 bets that get up and they accept the bet and all prices are correct and they cap the payout

He must have known the odds were not correct?

I wonder if they offered an early payout?

What if he had laid his last winning team on betfair in the expectation he was winning a set amount? (assuming he could fund it)

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I'm gonna take some of the 100-1 on Collingwood finishing last in 2021.

even if I dont ultimately collect, just informing my Collingwood acquaintances

of the investment, will strike fear into their hearts, and justify the stake.

win:win

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users