AFL Betting Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFL Betting Thread

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Decided in June to lay off on my premiership bet on the Tiges when we only kicked 2 goals against the Aints.

Comp
AFL Futures
Event
AFL - To Miss the Top 8 2021

Sport
Australian Rules
Bet Type
Miss the Top 8

$4.00 W

Bet Placed
21:04, Fri 25 Jun 2021
Ticket Id

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Why are the bulldogs $1.70?

Keath/Cordy/English/Young/Naughton - would contain the worst quartet of bigs in the AFL? Worse for the Bulldogs is next in are the likes of Schache & Martin.

Think Port represent massive value, possibly their best side in for the year.

Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I like a few this weekend. Hawks, Swans, Bears, Giants just about locks. I don't normally play multis but I've banked them all in various combos and margins, some with North, who I also think are good things, and to a lesser extent the Bombers, who could get beat but probably won't, and Freo because they have a spot in the 8 to play for and the Saints don't and are without King and Freo's better and I got 125-1.

Reactions: 1 user

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
Spewing my 3 peat for the Tiges doesnt come to fruition!
But at least I got the back to back one last year.

Hope the Dees win it this year since the Tiges wont be in it

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
Hard way to earn a quid
I forgot how awful Dixon is in big games. He was pathetic. As was Ladhams early. At least he got a couple in the end.
Hard to watch such mediocre sides and not bemoan how much better we are/were at full strength.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
I like a few this weekend. Hawks, Swans, Bears, Giants just about locks. I don't normally play multis but I've banked them all in various combos and margins, some with North, who I also think are good things, and to a lesser extent the Bombers, who could get beat but probably won't, and Freo because they have a spot in the 8 to play for and the Saints don't and are without King and Freo's better and I got 125-1.
What price were Hawks when they opened? Reckon they should win but the price is a little to short. Like your multi, agree north are a big chance.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
I forgot how awful Dixon is in big games. He was pathetic. As was Ladhams early. At least he got a couple in the end.
Hard to watch such mediocre sides and not bemoan how much better we are/were at full strength.
Hard to fathom that of the big guns from 2020, we are the ones that dropped out of the eight. The other 3 members of the top 4 will stay in the top 4.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
What price were Hawks when they opened? Reckon they should win but the price is a little to short. Like your multi, agree north are a big chance.
1629506834200.png

The Richmond graph from Betfair. First bets laid at $2.20ish now trading $3.80ish. That is a massive drift.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
View attachment 13127

The Richmond graph from Betfair. First bets laid at $2.20ish now trading $3.80ish. That is a massive drift.

the big drift came after the 9 change selection, which isnt that uncommon.

the bookies see it for what it is - a mini-tank.

ive backed The Dees tonight and will roll it all on, all the way home.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Hard to fathom that of the big guns from 2020, we are the ones that dropped out of the eight. The other 3 members of the top 4 will stay in the top 4.
Yeah, that’s why I don’t really buy the “we’re tired because we played in to October “ as a reason we’ve dropped off. So did Geelong and they’re going to be minor premiers.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
The Bombers will have a big crowd advantage in Lonnie, they've won their last 3 games, the Dogs have lost their last 3, reckon the Bombers are good bet at $2.50

Last edited:

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Was gonna have a run at Geecheat early in the week but when they opened at $2.10 I thought that was way too short. Out to $2.16 now but they should be at least around the $2.25 to $2.30 mark.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
It’s an interesting weekend, all games could go either way. Port have the Big home ground adv but such poor key forwards. Cats have Hawkins and Cameron. Ports small forwards are better than cats. if they get the same amount of entries hard to know who will kick a winning score. Dislike both sides but ABG overrides all so prefer them out in straight sets. Saltys presser if they lose will be fun, would like the journos to push him a bit on their poor finals record if they lose.