AFL Betting Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFL Betting Thread

Bizarre weekend on the punt for me..............

As I was saying to Leysey Days on Sunday, I didn’t end up getting on Cousins for most possessions on Friday night. Couldn’t get to the TAB in time. With Braun’s 30 possessions, I dodged a bullet there…..

Had a small win picking Brisbane to beat Carlton by +31 points, but then lost a shed full on Sunday when Geelong couldn’t cover +13 points against the Crows. (Fancy Geelong trying to beat up their effort saying how they ground it out ? What crap. They were terrible. They'll get beaten by Brisbane if they play like that this week.)

But bounced back big time yesterday taking Melbourne at $3.65 to win by +40 points.

Overall, lost $10 for the weekend - which was a good result after the Sunday hammering I took !!

impact said:
jb03 said:
jb03 said:
I quite like Brisbane to kick the sweep this round at $6.00  Apparently it is p!ssing down in Perth so that may harm the Weales tonight.

Carlton have no one to play on Jon Brown.  Only indoor game apart from Rich v Kangas which I wouldn't think would produce the highest score of the round.

I'ver had a blinder of a weekend on the punt.  Footy Quad, Bris to kick the sweep (actually got $5.00) and St Basil in the Stradbroke (didn't have enough on of course).  IF only every weekend was as such.

Im going to put some more money in this friday night and link Saints, Port as HIGH and Hawks, Carlton and collingwood as LOW

I'm still getting over the silo full of beer I digested over the weekend, I couldnt tell ya who was playing apart from Rich v Adel this week yet.

thats an unbelievable weekend JB, top work :clap
you should have been in the chair the past couple of weeks for the punters club.

Oh & Red, I'm heading back to home for the weekend on thursday, I might say g'day to a few of those ol' Tassie flames of yours :hihi..................................................... :-*

Leysy Days said:
impact said:
jb03 said:
jb03 said:
I quite like Brisbane to kick the sweep this round at $6.00  Apparently it is p!ssing down in Perth so that may harm the Weales tonight.

Carlton have no one to play on Jon Brown.  Only indoor game apart from Rich v Kangas which I wouldn't think would produce the highest score of the round.

I'ver had a blinder of a weekend on the punt.  Footy Quad, Bris to kick the sweep (actually got $5.00) and St Basil in the Stradbroke (didn't have enough on of course).  IF only every weekend was as such.

Im going to put some more money in this friday night and link Saints, Port as HIGH and Hawks, Carlton and collingwood as LOW

I'm still getting over the silo full of beer I digested over the weekend, I couldnt tell ya who was playing apart from Rich v Adel this week yet.

thats an unbelievable weekend JB, top work :clap
you should have been in the chair the past couple of weeks for the punters club.

Oh &  Red, I'm heading back to home for the weekend on thursday, I might say g'day to a few of those ol' Tassie flames of yours :hihi..................................................... :-*

Sh*t. Don't tell any of them where I'm living !

Leysy Days said:
Oh &  Red, I'm heading back to home for the weekend on thursday, I might say g'day to a few of those ol' Tassie flames of yours :hihi..................................................... :-*

Im sure Bill, Keith and Ray will be rapt to hear from Red Lazy.

Evo,have you laid a bet for the flag yet??
Seems a good year for an outsider to pinch it.(ala Crows 97)

If I can get Melbourne at 6s or better Im on.
Seems plenty of scoring firepower,and even if the defence is a bit shaky I reckon they're a better bet on the MCG than the EAgles.

US Open at Pinehurst this week. Much decision making to be made. Ordinarily betting on golf sucks, but the majors open up a bit. I've had winning bets on 6 out of the last 9 majors, so I'm on a roll.

Still, if I wasn't a golf freak that always like to have an "intere$t", I probably would avoid it from a pure betting perspective.

struggletown3121 said:

yeah it's a progressive process.I have alot on the Saints and Port.Both at an average of about 12/1
I have a medium bet on melbourne at 6/1
have a little on West coast.I need them and geelong to have mini slump.

They'll be the 5 I bet on.i don't rate Brisbane or Adelaide.

Redford said:
US Open at Pinehurst this week. Much decision making to be made. Ordinarily betting on golf sucks, but the majors open up a bit. I've had winning bets on 6 out of the last 9 majors, so I'm on a roll.

Still, if I wasn't a golf freak that always like to have an "intere$t", I probably would avoid it from a pure betting perspective. 

Getting on betfair and laying off Tiger Woods with his legions of fans is a good bet at majors.
Either that or bet against the Europeans as none seem capable of winning a major ATM.

evo said:
struggletown3121 said:

yeah it's a progressive process.I have alot on the Saints and Port.Both at an average of about 12/1

You still rate Port??
Im off them,would take Adelaide before Port even.
As mentioned Melbourne at 6s,with WC and Geelong at savers.
Probably should have got on the Saints after Adelaide belted them at the G.

Redford said:

Yeah, I always like to have a little dabble on the golf Red, Its never a good proposition to bet big in, but its always good for a bit of interest & a chance for a good return for little outlay.

Anyways Leysy will be havin some E/W on Kenny Perry, he is THE straightest striker of the ball in the game, which is crucial with the US opens notoriously bad rough, looks a good bet at upwards of 40/1,   The Big Easy is always worth a little saver @ at 10/1 is worth something as well.

I tried to find our ol' Apple Isle partner Stewart Ginn, but couldnt see him in the field...Hmmmm........................

struggletown3121 said:
Redford said:

Getting on betfair and laying off Tiger Woods with his legions of fans is a good bet at majors.
Either that or bet against the Europeans as none seem capable of winning a major ATM.

evo said:
struggletown3121 said:

You still rate Port??
Im off them,would take Adelaide before Port even.
As mentioned Melbourne at 6s,with WC and Geelong at savers.
Probably should have got on the Saints after Adelaide belted them at the G.

I still rate Port a flag chance too Evo,  but think your right on track with Melb Struggler,  you said on sunday you were waiting on 6's to show b4 having a good go at them, 
You really need them to get rolled this week,   if they get up they will have beaten the prem favs at the G & will have a top 4 spot virtually sewn up.

Would think they would move into Premiership favouritism if they win on saturday.......

Heard Mickelson saying how hard the greens are at Pinehurst this week, so reckon you need a short game magician. A couple of nice bets I've seen are:

No hole in one: $1.50 (Hard to have a hole in one if you can't keep it on the green)

Chris DiMarco to beat Luke Donald: $2.10

Retief Goosen to beat Ernie Els: $3.15 (Sorry Leysy, just think Ernie isn't swinging too well lately. Actually, I've probably made him a special just by typing that anyway - btw, I'm not who you think I am lol)

Sergio Garcia to beat Adam Scott: $2.00

yeah fair do's Disco, fair lot there.

I see you've backed against Scott, his record in the majors aint too flash is it...

I'll never have DiMarco again, had him at any old price in the masters a few years ago & he led into the last round before bottling it.
I'll never touch him again

Leysy Days said:
Redford said:

Yeah, I always like to have a little dabble on the golf Red, Its never a good proposition to bet big in, but its always good for a bit of interest & a chance for a good return for little outlay.

Anyways Leysy will be havin some E/W on Kenny Perry, he is THE straightest striker of the ball in the game, which is crucial with the US opens notoriously bad rough, looks a good bet at upwards of 40/1,   The Big Easy is always worth a little saver @ at 10/1 is worth something as well.

I tried to find our ol' Apple Isle partner Stewart Ginn, but couldnt see him in the field...Hmmmm........................

Don't talk to me about Kenny Perry. I knew he was hitting form, so a few weeks ago (after he'd played 2 rounds) I had a one off on him to finish in the top 5. At the time he was coming top 10. It was paying $6 which was great value given the other duds that were in the top 10 with him. Suffice to say he bummed out though. I thought I'd give him one more chance the next week, but got too absorbed by the footy and forgot to get on. Of course he wins the Colonial. He was $35 at the start. Geez !

Ol' Stewart Ginn. Geez I could tell you some stories about him !!

Disco08 said:
Heard Mickelson saying how hard the greens are at Pinehurst this week, so reckon you need a short game magician. A couple of nice bets I've seen are:

No hole in one: $1.50 (Hard to have a hole in one if you can't keep it on the green)

Chris DiMarco to beat Luke Donald: $2.10

Retief Goosen to beat Ernie Els: $3.15 (Sorry Leysy, just think Ernie isn't swinging too well lately. Actually, I've probably made him a special just by typing that anyway - btw, I'm not who you think I am lol)

Sergio Garcia to beat Adam Scott: $2.00

Yes Duckman, a good short game will DEFINITELY be a requirement. I've played Pinehurst No.2 and those crowned greens are very hard to hold. The ball falls off into swales. It will be even more pronounced under US Open conditions. You need to be a good chipper and be able to get it up and down. You also need a high and long ball flight - providing its not windy though of course.

Hole in one bet is good. Not sure about Di Marco beating Donald. Both have a bit of form, but Donald plays tough courses well and from memory Di Marco's record at the US Open isn't that good. Ernie did not drive it well last week, but can't be discounted. I always have a bit on him because he's one of my favourite players.

To me, this is looking like a winner coming from one of the Big 4. (Note: Davis Love is a bit of value on Betfair at $40. Furyk too at $28.)

I hope the wind blows hard and the greens firm right up. I love watching pros struggle. (I'm talking about golf, not heading to Fyshwick for a bit of Voyeuristic S&M).

Leysy, Scott is my favourite player but as you said he has no form in the majors at all, except for a couple of good showings at Augusta. He generally seems to get off to a bad start.

A mate of mine had $100 on DiMarco in this years Masters at 66's. :-X

Disco08 said:
I hope the wind blows hard and the greens firm right up. I love watching pros struggle. (I'm talking about golf, not heading to Fyshwick for a bit of Voyeuristic S&M).

Leysy, Scott is my favourite player but as you said he has no form in the majors at all, except for a couple of good showings at Augusta. He generally seems to get off to a bad start.

A mate of mine had $100 on DiMarco in this years Masters at 66's.  :-X

Not until Scott's putter becomes reliable enough would I be betting on him to be a winner of a major. You never know I guess, but right now I still don't think he's a good enough putter to win under the intense pressure that a major places on your putter.

HIGH-LOW INFO

This round the H-L is only out of 6 matches...

FRIDAY JUNE 17
Port Adelaide vs Hawthorn at AAMI Stadium 8:10 PM ACST

SATURDAY JUNE 18
Melbourne vs West Coast Eagles at M.C.G. 2:10 PM AEST
Richmond vs Adelaide at Telstra Dome 7:10 PM AEST
Western Bulldogs vs Carlton at Marrara Stadium 7:40 PM AEST

SUNDAY JUNE 19
Brisbane Lions vs Geelong at Gabba 1:10 PM AEST
Fremantle vs Kangaroos at Subiaco Oval 2:40 PM AWST

Weather for the areas of interest

ADELAIDE METROPOLITAN AREA
Thursday (until midnight) : a possible light shower or two. Moderating winds
Friday : a light shower or two mainly, Light to moderate winds.
Saturday : Min 10 Max 15 Rain developing.

MELBOURNE METROPOLITAN AREA

Thurs: Cloudy periods with a few showers
Friday: a shower or two persisting moderating wind.
Saturday: Fine
Sunday: Rain, then showers.

Darwin and Rural Area

Thurs: Mainly fine, just a brief afternoon shower about.
Friday: Fine
Saturday : Fine, partly cloudy.
Sunday : Fine, partly cloudy.
Monday : Fine, partly cloudy.

BRISBANE METROPOLITAN AREA
Thurs: Fine. Light winds today
Friday: Fine
Saturday ... Fine, though increasing high cloud.
Sunday ... Cold with rain developing.
Monday ... Chilly with rain.

PERTH METROPOLITAN AREA

Thurs: Rain periods with the risk of a thunderstorm this afternoon.
Friday Showery periods Fresh N/NW'ly winds
Saturday : Few showers, clearing later.
Sunday : Fine.
Monday : Fine.

TELSTRA DOME

No Weather

I will update it later on tommorrow....

My High-Low thoughts

Port V Hawks

Weather shouldnt really play a part in the results but rain in the week may dampen a higher scoring match

Very realistic chance that this will provide the low and the high with the hawks battling and port finding form but if Warren Tredrea dosent fire i think port wont score too high but i think they will outscore the hawks who are struggling to find scoring oppertunities as soon as williams is shut down. Port have had a tendency to score low at AAMI as well.. Port as high is not paying much and Hawks as low is similar..If it's bucketting rain tommorrow night i would like some money for port for LOW and no im not crazy!! port have struggled this year to post big scores at AAMI and remember hawks in the wet against dockers its a good leveler... without rain I would not bother with either and pray!! (1st Sam Mitchell 2nd Hodge if raining) plus in the dry Kane Kornes in the mix for most disposals i recon

Melbourne vs West Coast Eagles
Melbourne and West Coast have been consistant high scoring teams this year. West coast scored 100+ points last week in driving rain against a low side but they have struggled at the MCG this year with players going missing?? ... Dees were inacurrate against the Woods but still got 100+ at the G and are in fine form with multple goal scorers but without nietz this week i doubt they will score high but I doubt they will score the lowest... Two-n-Two together suggests this will have a blockbuster status and may produce a close match with scores around or just below 100...

Richmond vs Adelaide
Tigers coming off an innacurate display against the kangaroos (loss) with 30 scoring shots at the Dome...Crows coming off a loss in tough conditions and only scoring 60 odd..With the side that has been named for tigers i wouldnt think either high nor low ..i have heard key players are out for crows edwards and burton who are good players but they have been named....Crows have thumped the tigers at both aami and telstra by heaps and they thumped the saints at the dome....no weather to contend with.... I would suggest that one of these teams are a good chance at High for the week with only game at the dome and no chance of a lowest score one would think.... Crows are a big chance for a high 1

Western Bulldogs vs Carlton
Carlton cannot score highest!!! Teams against the bulldogs score well everyweek so i think they will not score the lowest this round.... Bulldogs good chance at a high this week...weather is fine and hot but will be at night so should be confitable... Marrara Stadium is abit of a roughie but high scores have been recorded there...W.B are a free flowing team and score well they still scored 100 against port last week.... bullies have a fair few injuries but have a good mid-field and good small forward line which is dangerous..they will be keen to impress and draw future crowds and i bet eade will drill that into his players in pre-game

Brisbane Lions vs Geelong
Brissy got highest last week against in my opinon the worst side in the AFL at the highest scoring venue this week i bet the weather will be Sh!thouse (i live in QLD) its just feels like its going to rain...in saying that i think brissy play o.k in the wet but geelong will also play o.k in wet if it does rain....Brissy have alot of youth and have lost alot at the gabba alot this year....Cats won against a good side last week...low scoring afair...doubt either team will be the highest or lowest ...brisbane could well prove me wrong as they do finish sides off well but i think cats will show plenty of grit

Fremantle vs Kangaroos

I think one of these teams will be the lowest this week...dockers struggled to score at sydney but are unpredictable and with all guns blazing can be very good on home turf..they have plenty of injuries as well Matthew Carr, Luke McPharlin, Des Headland, Luke Webster,ect ect ... kangaroos are a hot and cold side with a good forward line but average mid-field and can struggle sometimes to score even with harvey and grant p.s i dont rate thomson eventhough he kicked striaght last week he will struggle this week!! and a long trip to perth wont do them too good...they beat brissy at gabba... hot tip for either team for the lowest especially if the rain continues to fall in WA if history means anything kangaroos will win this game at $2-3 odds ill have something on it.

Highs
Dees
Western Bulldogs
Crows

Lows
Kangaroos
Freo
Hawks
Geelong if the weather kreeps in!

GOOD ODDS

23626 $160 WST BULLDOGS-FREMANTLE
23629 49 WST BULLDOGS-KANGAROOS
23026 210 MELBOURNE-FREMANTLE
23028 37 MELBOURNE-HAWTHORN
23029 65 MELBOURNE-KANGAROOS
22126 180 ADELAIDE-FREMANTLE
22128 32 ADELAIDE-HAWTHORN
22129 56 ADELAIDE-KANGAROOS

As soon as the teams were announced the odds changed for the worse someone has been reading my thread!!

Good odds on Freo at lowest may be worth a longshot

Not Bad odds for Kangas at lowest

Sorry if i ramble but i nearly got it last week if dees kicked better in first half and carlton didn't suck $400 would have come my way!!

I hate to say it,but after looking at our selected side,and with Richo doubtful and hurting anyhow,I reckon Adelaide at the line(12) is the bet of the round.
Crows-Roos/Carlscum High/Lows

Great summary impact. I'll study that in detail and offer my two cents. Bit hard to line up the Darwin game I guess.

*#@! me!! Perry's 5+, & I also had a little something on appelby to be leading ozzie & he's bloody 11+. there both out of contention after 1 round.

Els my only chance of getting anything back..........I'm in tas & about to go for a round now, hope I go better than the pricks I backed.

anyhow good luck on the weekend punt lads

Leysy Days said:
*#@! me!!   Perry's 5+,   & I also had a little something on appelby to be leading ozzie & he's bloody 11+.        there both out of contention after 1 round.

Els my only chance of getting anything back..........I'm in tas & about to go for a round now,  hope I go better than the pr!cks I backed.

anyhow good luck on the weekend punt lads

I've spread mine over Lefty, Singh, Els with mid roughies being Donald, Love (gone ! he's +7) and Furyk.

Tiger was too short for me to bother, but I'm thinking one of those big 4 will win.

(Geez Ken Sutcliffe and Tim Sheridan are duds of the highest order ! They know absolutely jack about golf ! Gee its annoying.)