AFL Betting Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFL Betting Thread

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
The Bookies have PTSD on the Tigers.

simply refusing to wind us out.

they should really have us about $8 I reckon.

I think I'll offer to sit down with them and try and find a way we can all move forward.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Looking at the Rising Star market, I see no value in any of the top picks. Gulden $4 favourite? Waaay too short.

I've specked Lachie Manchild Jones, who will be a regular in a top-4 side, at $15, Tiger Tom Green to get leather poisoning at $17, the next great key forward, my man Mitch Georgiades at $19, and just a dash on Luke Jackson at $31.
So I got to cash out my full Jones bet when he went down, but he's now listed as a week or two away, so I'm back on at $50 via Betfair. Meanwhile, Green is into $6.50, Georgiades $11 and Jackson $8.50.

They're offering me odds of $4.28 to cash out my bet at $5.50 for Melbourne to make top 4. I know you never cash out (except when your RS man goes down for a month and they offer you 100%, the dills) but it's almost tempting. Just because it's Melbourne and everything has gone right for them so far, and they have the toughest draw of anyone from here in.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I would abandon that. The saints are no good.

I think the Richmond Effect was well and truly there last night, even though you were right, Saints are no good.

If Ben King hadn't taken more than his allocation of chromosomes, Saints win comfortably

I think I'll test the theory further

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
I think the Richmond Effect was well and truly there last night, even though you were right, Saints are no good.

If Ben King hadn't taken more than his allocation of chromosomes, Saints win comfortably

I think I'll test the theory further
GWS at home against the Eagles is a perfect test for the theory

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Had a can’t lose bet last night. Cats at the line (that was close) but cheering against them hoping the Saints would win.

Cash prevails.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Brisbane at the line (-20.5) appeals. They've won their last three against the Suns by 49, 91, 45, and the Suns have a very young team without Miller who is probably leading their B&F.

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
The bookies are very confused.

we commence our premiership campaign with the ubiquitous epic battle victory,

and they wind us out?

$6

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I dont think we'll have the cattle to beat Lions.

I reckon if your inclined to invest in Richmond 2021 stock,

Monday 24 May is the day to invest at peak value

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
im gonna withdraw all my super next week

and back the absolute arse off us for the flag.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
The bookies are very confused.

we commence our premiership campaign with the ubiquitous epic battle victory,

and they wind us out?

$6
Just noticed we dropped to =3rd after this win. Bookies also stooged on Egobourne's bubble.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Two from two in strange circumstances over the weekend. Line on Geethrow and line on Arsendon - both bang on it. 21 points and 7 points. No margin for error ! Phew....

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
So 'arry McKay is six clear in the Coleman and given he's Caaaaarton's only forward, he'll probably win it unless his arm falls off. But $2.15's too short.

I think someone had my idea and chucked a bit on Jezza Cameron. He's $13 and 20 goals back, but he should kick 8 against the Back Hole Suns (not a typo) and get to single figures.

I have a feeling Adelaide will be right up for the game against the Deeth. Maybe not enough to back them, but a 27.5-point head start at home is pretty generous. Six teams this round with an average age under 25 and both these mobs are in that group. I might have a little at the line.

One I will is Caaaarton -20.5 against the Whorks. Caaarton can't stop teams scoring but Horforn can't score. Caarton has been going ok against good sides, Horfs got flogged by St Failda and beat by Norf. Blues by 30+ I reckon.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
So 'arry McKay is six clear in the Coleman and given he's Caaaaarton's only forward, he'll probably win it unless his arm falls off. But $2.15's too short.

I think someone had my idea and chucked a bit on Jezza Cameron. He's $13 and 20 goals back, but he should kick 8 against the Back Hole Suns (not a typo) and get to single figures.

I have a feeling Adelaide will be right up for the game against the Deeth. Maybe not enough to back them, but a 27.5-point head start at home is pretty generous. Six teams this round with an average age under 25 and both these mobs are in that group. I might have a little at the line.

One I will is Caaaarton -20.5 against the Whorks. Caaarton can't stop teams scoring but Horforn can't score. Caarton has been going ok against good sides, Horfs got flogged by St Failda and beat by Norf. Blues by 30+ I reckon.
$2.84 on Betfair for Harry. But no value on any others

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I’m liking the Throwdogs to do a number on Dudbourne this week. Will wait to see the teams first, but thinking about my own line.