AFL360 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFL360

tigers80

Tiger Legend
Jul 7, 2004
During the game Daisy brought this up, the other commentators were just like, ok and then kept dribbling on about some other crap. I think Daisy has a very good understanding of the game, she was commenting on why when Collingwood broke through our forward press, why they had to constantly look sideways and that was because no-one was up the field. All trying to defend their lead, and yet we are regarded as the defensive ones. Robbo needs to stop the drinking, playing havoc with his eyesight.

On another note, did anyone see how giddy Matthew Lloyd looked on Footy Classified because the Bombers had won 2 games in a row against 2 sides that should finish bottom 5. "They'll win a final this year" Haha ok then.

Yeh Hymie was a giddy like a school girl on her first date.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Nice point re goals and fatigue, but Collingwood definitely started flooding the backline from the second quarter. There was a clear difference between the teams for mine
Yeh, they had an outnum,ber very early. And they had free men to short kick to and maintain possession from very early in the game. They had a clear strategy to maintain possession (much like when they defeated us in early 2018? when they had a huge number of uncontested possessions and marks). But they definitely had extra numbers back from early. The issue for them is once we manned up we often forced the long kick down the line which is our bread and butter. Turn it over and off to the races.

If we get our defensive positioning right early enough against the pies we will not be beat by that strategy again.

Reactions: 3 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
my texting conversation with Bombers supporter mate on Sunday watching game:

him: "Bombers are Terrible"
me: "Yep"
him: "Sh*t House"
I missed that game due to work but Dad saw it & said afterwards "i don't think the Bombers are gonna worry anyone this yr playing like that". Given how close it was if the Swans had a fwd line they win easily.

Reactions: 1 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
During the game Daisy brought this up, the other commentators were just like, ok and then kept dribbling on about some other crap. I think Daisy has a very good understanding of the game, she was commenting on why when Collingwood broke through our forward press, why they had to constantly look sideways and that was because no-one was up the field. All trying to defend their lead, and yet we are regarded as the defensive ones. Robbo needs to stop the drinking, playing havoc with his eyesight.

On another note, did anyone see how giddy Matthew Lloyd looked on Footy Classified because the Bombers had won 2 games in a row against 2 sides that should finish bottom 5. "They'll win a final this year" Haha ok then.
The state of commentary these days is pure garbage. they didn't acknowledge it as it doesn't fit the "Richmond is too defensive" narrative. Derwayne even mentioned that yesterday, it wasn't us that parked the bus.....

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
We draw a game and the footy world has fallen to its knee's.
Seriously. They can't remember 3 games back to what the score in the GF was?
Its just pure Richmond hate.
Have a look at the smug Geelong supporters in the media. Yes they play Kardania park extremely well, but when was the last GF played there?

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
We draw a game and the footy world has fallen to its knee's.
Seriously. They can't remember 3 games back to what the score in the GF was?
Its just pure Richmond hate.
Have a look at the smug Geelong supporters in the media. Yes they play Kardania park extremely well, but when was the last GF played there?
Whateley is like a kid in a candy store, As with us, we are only the highest scoring team over the last 3 yrs yet they still haven't figured it out. Let's see how up & about the Cats fans are during the Finals. We know how this story ends.

Given how some are carrying on anyone would think it was us who parked the bus....

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
I don't watch or listen to the dribble that comes from footy journos mouths.
So all i can offer is let the haters hate.
Let them bathe in their own self loathing.
Let them suck each others fate.

Reactions: 1 user

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
They'll come out, same lot that did last yr, thats fine we'll make them look stupid all over again

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
They'll come out, same lot that did last yr, thats fine we'll make them look stupid all over again

Totally different this year.
The game length has destroyed our game style.
We were hunting sides down, they might've been competitive for 2 or even 3 qtrs but our style was 4 qtrs of non stop running and that was the difference.
We were the endurance beast's..

This year, clubs have ample time to recover mid game.
A 1 minute break between goals. Longer breaks at qtr time, half time and 3 qtr time.
It's exactly the thing we didn't want,
I guarantee you besides some players out of form, one of Hardwick concerns would be the length of the game.
The Clock was our 1 wood.
Thanks Corona Virus

Reactions: 2 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Dimma is a gun. Just watched his masterful performance on 360. Easily the most relaxed likeable knowledgeable coach out there.

Reactions: 5 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Dimma is a gun. Just watched his masterful performance on 360. Easily the most relaxed likeable knowledgeable coach out there.
I laughed when Dew said about his and Dimma's time at Port.........to all you Richmond players, Dimma you to sneak out the side door during the coaches meetings, Dimma come back with....yeah that's because I knew all the answers....classic.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Razorgang2

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 15, 2014
Is there a thread for On the couch. If so apologies, but I am sure Gerard, said when mentioning some premiership players from last year, Eevan Soldo wasnt amongst them.
Is dementia setting in. Suppose the only ruckman he is aware of is NicNat. :oops:

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Razorgang2

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 15, 2014
Is there a thread for On the couch. If so apologies, but I am sure Gerard, said when mentioning some premiership players from last year, Eevan Soldo wasnt amongst them.
Is dementia setting in. Suppose the only ruckman he is aware of is NicNat. :oops:
Sorry he said Soldo wasnt in the team.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
I laughed when Dew said about his and Dimma's time at Port.........to all you Richmond players, Dimma you to sneak out the side door during the coaches meetings, Dimma come back with....yeah that's because I knew all the answers....classic.

Was some funny banter between the two. Beats the level of entertainment we get when Pricky Scott is on

Reactions: 4 users