AFLW season | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFLW season

Omarkum said:
The Big Richo...I think he follows the criteria of being an offended man..."how dare" I impugn his masculinity and how dare women encroach on his game and "rugged" self image..he clearly is happy to see soccer reap the female harvest...doing our game great damage..but preserving his ego.

....Oh dear......

Go Cats! I wonder if Figgy's turned up to hug some of his Magpie girls for tonight's game.....

Feel for the girls playing in 36deg heat.

In years to come when this league has as many teams as the men's, a curtain raiser should be a no-brainer IMO.

Both games were a cracker. This notion that games need to have high or a certain level of scoring is a nonsense.

The Big Richo said:
Thought the standard has clearly improved a lot on today compared to the first season, which is all we can ask.

Also thought the rules changes worked well.

Agree on both accounts.

As an aside, it's a travesty we didn't get a women's team from the beginning.

The Big Richo said:
Thought the standard has clearly improved a lot on today compared to the first season, which is all we can ask.

Also thought the rules changes worked well.

Agree on both counts. The kick-in rule really made a big difference.

Unfortunately got stuck watching the second half of the Colonwood / Moggies game last night. Only found two positives for the game.
1. The women crack in flat out.
2. Colonwood managed to lose the season opener for the third time in a row.

Read a snippet in this mornings paper n the Crowbaits kicked 1 goal 11 behinds n managed to lose by a point to the bulldogs who managed 2 goals 6 behinds. I'll guess both teams cracked in flat out in that game as well.
Apart from that meh, marking, kicking, hand balling in the half I watched was feeble at best.

People are voting with their attendance they love the instensity and committment..womens football is the best thing that has happened for the game in years. Cant wait for the mighty Tigers in 2020.