AFLW Tigers & Coasters | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFLW Tigers & Coasters

tora

Tiger Rookie
Dec 10, 2021
I think you’ll find our last quarters all year have been pretty ordina

I think you’ll find our last quarters all year have been pretty ordinary.
I've watched every game. I hadn't noticed a pattern of poor performance by quarter. Round 1 outscored Saint's by 3 goals; Rd 2 outscored the dees in the last. They blew us away early; Rd 3 Dockers outscored us by a goal in the last. Wed lost cordener that game; Rd 4 Sun's out score us by 2 goals in the last..2 goals that were kicked from long range and got over the goal line. Sun's ruck was good that game. We FIFO that game. Perth was hot but Goldie is humid. Sweat like a pig just walking; Rd 5 vs the dogs. Our massive 1.7 involved winning the last quarter. Neither side could kick a goal in the last; Rd 6 vs North was ground hog day. Neither side can kick a goal but we out score them by a point; Eagles out score us by a goal in the last.
Not enough scoring in general. Nowhere near winning a lot games. I was really pleased with the win. If they back one goal. It hardly matters. A more pleasing thing for me was, in furnace conditions, we had a high scoring fwd line. Our backs have had a mountain of work most weeks, the ball lives in oppp fwd lines. Good to win the games we should be winning, especially after a run of losses. Hopefully we go well this week.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I've watched every game. I hadn't noticed a pattern of poor performance by quarter. Round 1 outscored Saint's by 3 goals; Rd 2 outscored the dees in the last. They blew us away early; Rd 3 Dockers outscored us by a goal in the last. Wed lost cordener that game; Rd 4 Sun's out score us by 2 goals in the last..2 goals that were kicked from long range and got over the goal line. Sun's ruck was good that game. We FIFO that game. Perth was hot but Goldie is humid. Sweat like a pig just walking; Rd 5 vs the dogs. Our massive 1.7 involved winning the last quarter. Neither side could kick a goal in the last; Rd 6 vs North was ground hog day. Neither side can kick a goal but we out score them by a point; Eagles out score us by a goal in the last.
Not enough scoring in general. Nowhere near winning a lot games. I was really pleased with the win. If they back one goal. It hardly matters. A more pleasing thing for me was, in furnace conditions, we had a high scoring fwd line. Our backs have had a mountain of work most weeks, the ball lives in oppp fwd lines. Good to win the games we should be winning, especially after a run of losses. Hopefully we go well this week.
Few excuses there to be honest.

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
The team was ON from the get go. Exactly how oppos have been the last few weeks. Centre clearances were good. I don't know the other aflw teams at all but I believe Eagles were favourites. I wasn't sure how the heat was going to impact the game. But a fast start was important. The forward line all contributed. Good to see chuot take a good mark and goal. Stahl 3 goals. Long overdue. The backline have been under the pump the last few weeks. They handled it well. Miller, Darcy, Lynch and Hosking. This week there was good football from others. Stahl, chuot, branch, Kiely, Lavey.
Got into a winning position early and maintained the effort over 4 quarters
I've really enjoyed the season. There are some players who are great to watch, and (thankfully) we're just watching footy rather than 'women's' footy. Mon is brilliant footy player, but always trying to do too much. I think she will improve even more as the side around her improves. McKenzie will be ripping games to pieces this time next year, she's unbelievable technically. I will also give a shout out to Bec Miller, who holds together a pretty solid backline. It's good to see some of the younger crew getting better. Still a few glaring gaps that might take a draft or two to fill. I think Yassir will be part of the clearance solution in due course, I'm looking forward to watching these players develop. The potential for this side to be really good is there, if managed well over the next couple of seasons.
Finally, a note - Cricket Australia should be worried. The AFLW is much more entertaining as a post-test series sports option, and they'll need to do better than a pointless 5 game 20/20 series if they want to hold onto the second half of summer.

Reactions: 1 users

tora

Tiger Rookie
Dec 10, 2021
Yes. Lost 4 last quarters out of 7.
R1 won Q4. R2 won Q4. Rd3 lost Q4, Rd 4 lost Q4, Rd 5 won Q4, Rd 6 won Q4, Rd 7 lost Q4.
We win Q4 more than lose. Just.. AFL website is light on stats. Do you have any more data that's informing your opinion.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I'm intrigued as to the significance of winning any particular quarter.
Please enlighten me
Well, the comment was pretty simple given it was originally in reference to fading out in games. (The 4th quarter is the last quarter in a game of Australian Rules.)

Dunno if I’ve “enlightened” you or not but regardless, if you can’t get that, then I can’t help you.

Last edited:

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
R1 won Q4. R2 won Q4. Rd3 lost Q4, Rd 4 lost Q4, Rd 5 won Q4, Rd 6 won Q4, Rd 7 lost Q4.
We win Q4 more than lose. Just.. AFL website is light on stats. Do you have any more data that's informing your opinion.
Quick look without checking, appears they’ve won 2 second halves, drawn 1, and lost 4.

So, 2.5 wins v 4.5 losses for their second halves.

Last edited:

tora

Tiger Rookie
Dec 10, 2021
Quick look without checking, appears they’ve won 2 second halves, drawn 1, and lost 4.

So, 2.5 wins v 4.5 losses for their second halves.
I don't know anything about AFLW really except watching Richmond play. So I genuinely want to find out more about our team. I couldn't tell you where we are on the ladder.

What is your complaint about our team? lack of what? fitness? can't run out a game?
Are you having a go at coaches?
poor preseason player preparation?
drafting of players?

Last edited:

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I don't know anything about AFLW really except watching Richmond play. So I genuinely want to find out more about our team. I couldn't tell you where we are on the ladder.

What is your complaint about our team? lack of what? fitness? can't run out a game?
Are you having a go at coaches?
poor preseason player preparation?
drafting of players?
The comment was by jb03 that we dropped away in the final quarter v WCE when we had them well covered. Seems, maybe, we drop away a bit in second halves. Why, how....dunno.

Last edited:

tora

Tiger Rookie
Dec 10, 2021
It's hard for sports teams to be up, constantly. Some of the games we've won last quarters statistically. But we were never going to win the game anyhow. Good teams have been up from the bounce of the ball in the first quarter. Often getting winning leads early. I was impressed that we did that to West coast. Won the game early. Then, like oppo teams we probably put the cue in the rack. We won the game vs the Eagles and I will take that over winning increments of the games.

The game that bugs me is the Sun's one. Where we allowed 2 goals that dribbled Over the line. They won by a small margin.
I'm glad are giving away less 50s.
I'm interested to see how we go this week.

Reactions: 1 user