AFLW Tigers v Kangas | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFLW Tigers v Kangas

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
Bec Miller is the women’s version of Grimes.
Has courage, clean hands below the knees, and can take a mark. A rebounding KP defender.

Reactions: 3 users

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
They are bringing it out from our forward line far too easily. Still a long way to go before we will be finals quality but there is a Flemington straight between our skills last year and this.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
They are bringing it out from our forward line far too easily. Still a long way to go before we will be finals quality but there is a Flemington straight between our skills last year and this.
Maybe, but I am not sure we are better than last year. Seymour has improved a lot, MIller hs bee great. Need more quality around the ball & up forward.

Reactions: 1 user

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Doesn't help when your best fwd and defender are out for extended periods too

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Doesn't help when your best fwd and defender are out for extended periods too

Yeah I think the loss of Wakefield has really impacted our forward structure. We are really struggling through half forward today which is why a lot of our forward entries are breaking down before they even get to the F50. Where we would normally have Brennan and Wakefield, and where 1 can push up the ground knowing the other is there, its difficult now. We can push 1 up the ground then we have nothing forward of centre. Its why Chuot has been tried there as we have nothing else, but she isn't all that good, particularly in an unfamiliar position.

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Defensively I feel we've been really good. The midfield has been pretty good (Conti, McKenzie, Lavey, Sarah Hosking and Seymour are a terrific 5), and IMO will keep getting better. We need to focus on our forward line and wings IMO in the off season. We need to ensure that final bit of the transition around the half forward line is working.

We have actually executed inside 50 fairly well this year, at or around 50% scoring / inside 50 in pretty much all games, and we have defended inside 50's very well today (North went around a 25% scores / inside 50 today), but the differential is too great and for me that was around half forward today. Maybe would have been different with Bernardi and Wakefield, but we do need to find a long term replacement for Wakefield.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Seymour has been a massive improver.

De-list Stahl.

Agree on Stahl. She doesn't do a lot and gets caught HTB way too much. Yassir will be great there (but may eventually push into the midfield) and I like Jacques in the small forward role.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Agree on Stahl. She doesn't do a lot and gets caught HTB way too much. Yassir will be great there (but may eventually push into the midfield) and I like Jacques in the small forward role.
Stahl just constantly…and I mean constantly….falls over or goes to her knees.

She is slow and spends most of the time on the ground which as a small forward means you are totally out of the game when you keep doing that.

Have to find better players than her.

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Stahl usually gives away too many dumb free kicks too.

Still unhappy with the Molan pick too. What a waste of a 1st pick.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerSteve

>30 Year member
May 11, 2009
Murrumbeena
Familiar story of too few contributors, & lack of depth, particularly around the midfield and up forward. Backline has been ok. Conti, Brennan & McKenzie clearly a class above the rest.

Over 3 seasons, players like Miller, Seymour & Dempsey have definitely improved. Whilst players like Stahl & Jacques haven’t improved at all- still struggling to get 5 touches.

Time to move on those that aren’t improving ( although the expansion teams will make it harder to find talent)

Reactions: 3 users