Aiden Bonar-Are we into him? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Aiden Bonar-Are we into him?

Brimmy

Tassie Tiger
Apr 19, 2018
I remember Bullus was keen on him at Draft time.

Would be worth making enquires,hope we have.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I'm sure a few clubs have enquired about him.

I'm also sure we might not be quite at the top of Gee Whizzes trading list after the GF massacre :))

All that aside, he'd look good in a Tigers guersney

footballmonk

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 7, 2008
Contracted for two more years as they gave him an extension straight after he was drafted, but is apparently gettable. Has only played six games so far, but I’d certainly take him for one of our picks around 40. Will probably end up at Carlton though...

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Right now the RFC is in the enviable position of being able to attract quality juniors for unders.

We have the magic sales pitch of .."Come to the RFC and play at a power club at the G with 100K members screaming "For You" and train and learn from Cotchin, Dusty, Rancey, Jack Riewoldt, Tommy Lynch, Grimes, Vlastuin, Houli, Prestia, Caddy Danny Rioli,and Edwards.

Be coached by Dimma, and be looked after by Balmey.

Learn DIY home renovation tips from Grover even if they are unorthodox.

Then if all that's still not enough the ace up the sleeve which is that they can go and hang out with Broady when hes on the tear and learn other skills.

I mean it sells itself dont it?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 19 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Contracted for two more years as they gave him an extension straight after he was drafted, but is apparently gettable. Has only played six games so far, but I’d certainly take him for one of our picks around 40. Will probably end up at Carlton though...

Looks like I’m hearing the , guess who else Hawks & Essendon.

GWS apparently will play hardball with General Paton as GWS gave them Scully for minimum chips. If Bonar is keen on the Hawks, contracted they may have to package a good deal for them to get them both.

Like him but doubt we can get him even with the sale pitch above from Craigo!

Reactions: 2 users

Gazmatron

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 23, 2013
Bit of a worry here IMO given the very large injury toll GWS had thru the year could not get a regular gig. If they are seeking to off load would raise some query to me they usually unload players they don't wish to keep

Reactions: 2 users

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Right now the RFC is in the enviable position of being able to attract quality juniors for unders.

We have the magic sales pitch of .."Come to the RFC and play at a power club at the G with 100K members screaming "For You" and train and learn from Cotchin, Dusty, Rancey, Jack Riewoldt, Tommy Lynch, Grimes, Vlastuin, Houli, Prestia, Caddy Danny Rioli,and Edwards.

Then if all that's still not enough the ace up the sleeve which is that they can go and hang out with Broady when hes on the tear and learn other skills.

They also get the use of Dusty's car during the post-season break.

• Haha

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Bonar. Haven’t we been on one since the GF???

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Bit of a worry here IMO given the very large injury toll GWS had thru the year could not get a regular gig. If they are seeking to off load would raise some query to me they usually unload players they don't wish to keep

GWS don’t have a good rep for injury recover.
Where we do. If anyone can get him right it’s us.

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
I'm sure a few clubs have enquired about him.

I'm also sure we might not be quite at the top of Gee Whizzes trading list after the GF massacre :))

All that aside, he'd look good in a Tigers guersney

Season 2018 when tigers played suns at Metricon, we were going to a richmond open training. I was in my richmond gear.We got there early to go to the merch shop and the GWS Neafl team were filing through the gate as we got there. I held the gate open as they came through.
i said Go Giants! (You know, to be nice),
The last GWS player through the gate whispered at me as he passed ‘Go the mighty tigers!’

I thought, that was cute, he’s still a fan and I hope he gets to us at some stage.

Reactions: 4 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Posted this elsewhere not realizing there's a dedicated thread, so......

Was listening to Mitch Cleary, who I sort of rate amongst the so called journos out there..... reckons Bonar is on 400k ish @ gws...... I like his upside but that's some serious coin for a bloke who's got 6 games under his belt. Something NQR there!

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
GWS don’t have a good rep for injury recover.
Where we do. If anyone can get him right it’s us.
I think he more meant given how many injuries they had during the year he still rarely broke into the team & only managed a few games.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005

[/QUOTE

Do they take slightly overweight mid forty year olds?

• Haha