Am I the only one... | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Am I the only one...

gdbarrett

Some more New-men please.
Jun 18, 2003
Albury
The umpires can't pay free kicks to Richo when he too is holding. Richo seems to want to take his marks by wrestling and pushing off at the last moment. Low percentage stuff.

Agree with OMH - start presenting in the corradoor and take marks out in front of his body

Good players seem to tread the fine line with frees - unfortunately Richo is no tight rope walker.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Koalalill said:
As for Richo - not leading Rosy. It is a bit hard to lead when you are getting pulled and scragged when the ball is 80 metres away.

I realise you get a better overall view of the game at the ground KL, but upclose on telly you get a better view of holding contests imo.

Yeah Richo was being held, but not only was he doing it as well he was also standing there and letting it happen.

In recent weeks Richo's been held like that by young kids starting out. It's kept his influence on the game to minimal proportions.

He's too good and experienced for that, (I would have thought ;D)

Something's wrong when it happens each week. Was Richo behind the door when footy brains were handed out, or is it coming from the coaching box?

Whatever the reason, imo Richos pace and athletisism are wasted in scragging contests in the goal square, and a 1 goal a week average over a few weeks is a poor return from our key forward. Only my opinion of course, but I think Richo can do a lot better.

Let the boy run.

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
The umpiring was ******* **** all night long. Geischen was a dud coach and is a dud umpires coach. Funny how some things never change.

The amount of times obvious frees went unnoticed killed us, yet they got them all night.

Richo, we all understand. It is hard to get a kick with a bloke hanging all over you all night long.

(Edited due to inappropriate language.)

P

PuntRoadRoar

i totally agreee, the umpiring was a disgrace !!!!! I was going ape *smile* in the first and second quarters, and there was one passage of play where we had brisbane rattled, we led by 19 points andy K hardly even touch the player he went to spoil FREE KICK!!! *bullcrap* it was a huge turning point because they gave 2 free kicks in a row and ended up scoring a goal out of it, i was filthy!!! especially when the same bloody thing happen a few minutes later with ottens going for a mark and it was called play on, these 3 umpiring turkeys shifted momentum in a game when we had brisbane in a bother, the lions were a rabble early, indecisive and unsure, i doubt we would have won but they made sure the game was as good as over by half time.

these umpires need to be consistant either pay it all day or dont bother, dont wait for the crowd to make a decision you monkeys!!!

An your right, i might take up footy call myself michael voss, if i get a slight bump ill get free kicks all day, what a joke

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
There's no use blaming our previous dud coach. Its our current one thats causing all the harm.