Andrew Dillion the new AFL CEO | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Andrew Dillion the new AFL CEO

From Gil the Dill to Dill-ion .. nice

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Channel 7 reported that Gale will be offered Scott’s old job at AFL headquarters.

That’s the AFL a throwing him a bone to shut everyone up.

I hope Benny tells them where they can shove it.

Reactions: 6 users
Speaks well and I can't see any ego on this bloke.....+ he's a Tiger fan like us.

About bloody time there was a Richmond man at AFL HQ. He just mentioned on AFL 360 he’s a Richmond supporter and a big fan of Benny.

Reactions: 4 users
Channel 7 reported that Gale will be offered Scott’s old job at AFL headquarters.

What qualifications do you need for that job?
Cant be much when palookas like sHocking and bScott get the job and leave their imprimatur on the game.
Otherwise known as “death by a thousand cuts” they managed to *smile* our game with less than 6.
I hope Benny tells that to go *smile* themselves with half a dozen of Gills polo sticks, mallet end first.

Chasing BG for the 2ic role.
Watching Nina And The Neurons GIF by CBeebies HQ
Hope he refuses and stays at the Tigers.

Reactions: 4 users
Dillon's Old Xavs mate Simon Lethlean took time out from rooting his secretary to tell De La Salle old boy Michael Gleeson 'the job was awarded based on ability, not a school tie'. He said Everybody likes Dill, he's The Most Liked Guy at all our school reuinions. Gleeso says Everybody likes Dill, and his dad chaired the Melbourne Racing Club while his wife's dad used to run the MCC, so it's not as if he doesn't understand the common man in the Long Room or the Bird Cage. (See? Diversity.) His uncle is one of those priests who reckon you shouldn't root kids, so clearly of good stock. Demeglomaniac says Dill's 'a safe pair of hands', and Everybody likes him. Lethlean snorted a line and pointed out that 'If they brought in an outsider, the criticism would be they have no connections and contacts.' Brendon Gale has no connections and contacts. He went to Burnie Tech or something, how could he? Does he even have a dealer?
It should be beyond belief that Lethlean could say such things, the things he actually said, but unfortunately it is not.

Speaks well and I can't see any ego on this bloke.....+ he's a Tiger fan like us.
Bit nervous, not as polished a communicator as Gerry Gee, but at least he provided some direct answers to a few questions eg GF to stay at 2.30PM (good), stadium in Hobart needs a roof, etc

Bit nervous, not as polished a communicator as Gerry Gee, but at least he provided some direct answers to a few questions eg GF to stay at 2.30PM (good), stadium in Hobart needs a roof, etc
Probably first time on live TV is understandable, especially confronting Blobbo....geez imagine that face in your face. We heard bit of spin but just hope his ego stays well in control over the years.

Reactions: 1 users
Oooh. From Gilligan to Dilligan. Is that like changing your pair of navy blue socks for a pair of black ones coz it's the weekend and you like to get a bit radical and you wanna cut loose when the work's been done?

Imagine having a CV like Gale's and then being offered an administrative job that was previously held by Brad Scott. FMD.

FFS, there were rumours that James Bartel was going to be offered the role. Now I know that James was a great player, but his most famous post playing achievement is being the ex-husband of coke snorting wannabe celebrity Nadia.

Gale should show up to the interview smoking a winnie blue in his bath robe, slippers and shower cap, squat on Dillons desk and drop a number 2 Amanda Heard style, and walk out.

Reactions: 6 users
There are only ever going to be two types of person hired as AFL CEO:

1. People already inside the tent.
2. People working at television networks / media companies.

You either need to be a member of the boys club or be someone who cuts the boys club's cheques.

Reactions: 2 users
left handed and left footed - so he's going to think in a more abstract sensibility .. good ..

About bloody time there was a Richmond man at AFL HQ. He just mentioned on AFL 360 he’s a Richmond supporter and a big fan of Benny.

Fat lot of good he's done in his previous job.

Meanwhile we all fall over in shock that the AFL does a worldwide search for a new CEO and the best they could find was right under their noses, in the next office even. Haven't we now gone Demetriou to Gill to Dill? This mob have been running the show for decades, and what do we see? The most popular sport in Australia and the AFL is loathed.

DS

Meanwhile we all fall over in shock that the AFL does a worldwide search for a new CEO and the best they could find was right under their noses, in the next office even. Haven't we now gone Demetriou to Gill to Dill? This mob have been running the show for decades, and what do we see? The most popular sport in Australia and the AFL is loathed.

DS
what a smokescreen, and they spent a million bucks or more doing it ...