Andrew 'Mini' McQualter | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Andrew 'Mini' McQualter

It's bullshitt.
They virtually were told simultaneously.
Not sure who they rang 1st but they were told.
Gale dosent work like that.
And he was never staying if he wasn't offered the job.
He can go back with Ross the Boss now
No the report came through the Neville Crow heritage group, wrongly released before the official release.
Heritage people did badly but I don’t imagine for a moment that Mini considered himself slighted.
Mature enough to understand that the heritage lady stuffed it up.

When the dust settles it would be in the clubs best interests if he stays.

Very good coach and likely to be approached by another club to take up the senior coaching position when the next one becomes vacant.
They don’t grow on trees.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Rossy tried to get him last year. Expect he will end up at the Saints. Assuming it’s a senior gig he is after, then is absolutely no point staying on with us. He has had a 10 year apprenticeship at the Tiges. It would be unlikely if he stayed on and Yze ended up not working out that he would get the job after another 2-3 years. How long would be sufficient. Hope he ends up with a decent spot and gets another opportunity soon.

Rossy tried to get him last year. Expect he will end up at the Saints. Assuming it’s a senior gig he is after, then is absolutely no point staying on with us. He has had a 10 year apprenticeship at the Tiges. It would be unlikely if he stayed on and Yze ended up not working out that he would get the job after another 2-3 years. How long would be sufficient. Hope he ends up with a decent spot and gets another is opportunity soon.
You maybe right Jimbob, but I have the impression that Mini didn’t particularly want the senior job at the time and took it to help the Club out.

Also that he didn’t particularly want to get back to St Kilda to work with Ross.

He may now have a burning ambition to be a senior coach but equally he may see his role as continuing with the development of a young list and that he loves his present environment.

Easy could do much worse than keeping Mini on and Mini is smart enough to realise that Easy is also very very accomplished, and has what looks like a different set of abilities than Dimma.

If Mini chooses to stay he now has the opportunity learn a bit more.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
You maybe right Jimbob, but I have the impression that Mini didn’t particularly want the senior job at the time and took it to help the Club out.

Also that he didn’t particularly want to get back to St Kilda to work with Ross.

He may now have a burning ambition to be a senior coach but equally he may see his role as continuing with the development of a young list and that he loves his present environment.

Easy could do much worse than keeping Mini on and Mini is smart enough to realise that Easy is also very very accomplished, and has what looks like a different set of abilities than Dimma.

True. I for one would be happy to see him stay. He obviously has a great rapport with the playing group and can pass in plenty of info to Yze that he would otherwise have to learn for himself. Then, there could also be prejudices against existing players that a new coach may not have. And vice versa. If, as another poster suggested, Rutten is a shadow of his former self and Teague is a bit divisive, then I would like to see changes there. Time will tell re: Andrew staying or going.

Reactions: 2 users

Yep. He didn't state anywhere that he wants to be a senior coach. Just 'gave it a go' with the opportunity the club gave him. I hope he stays as he would help a lot with what you said, BUT, has to make players aware that what Ooze says goes.

Reactions: 1 user
If Mini stays he will be a inducted into the much vaunted Benny/Sage Guru category of:

Richmond Man.

Putting players development and The Club ahead of himself.
Assuming he never wanted the main gig as others have mentioned.
(Maybe he just went through the process as a learning tool and for his own development.)

But yes, it will be Ouzo driving the narrative.

worse ... and he's just endorsed Tony Abbott to the Fox board ...

Just a disgrace of a man.
Can’t support the Voice Can’t give support to our First Nations men and women and has the gaul to go out further supporting the extreme right.

• Dislike
Reactions: 3 users
L & S Murdoch & the Abbotts have been tight for yonks via the links & support of Manly NRL
The Murdoch’s know everyone as most media magnates do. In years gone by they wielded so much power but not so much anymore. Newscorp is still enormous but its influence is half of what it used to be.

How’s that bad? ex Labor politicians get endorsed into boards all the time but no complaints?
I can agree with your concerns about politicians here who use their influence to appoint their mates to statutory boards etc. Unfortunately the idea of a non political public service which advises on such matters based on merit, seems to be a thing of the past.

Ditto with young Murdoch. After the fiasco that he and his father allowed to occur in regard to supporting Trump and his lies both before and after the last US Presidential election, you would think that he understands that he owes the public just a little more.
The decision to endorse Abbot announces that like his father, he doesn’t give a damn.

OMG haven’t we got Rudd as US ambassador how bad is that
I can agree with your concerns about politicians here who use their influence to appoint their mates to statutory boards etc. Unfortunately the idea of a non political public service which advises on such matters based on merit, seems to be a thing of the past.

Ditto with young Murdoch. After the fiasco that he and his father allowed to occur in regard to supporting Trump and his lies both before and after the last US Presidential election, you would think that he understands that he owes the public just a little more.
The decision to endorse Abbot announces that like his father, he doesn’t give a damn.

Reactions: 1 users
Ladies…and gentlemen……..politics and religion………. Best to stay away from those topics. As in the religion separated from the Richmond Football Club which is the most important religion. That’s different.

Reactions: 4 users