Andrew 'Mini' McQualter | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Andrew 'Mini' McQualter

7 news reporting that Mini is likely to join Dimma at the Gold Coast.

I think this is a mistake if he wants to be a senior coach one day.

Surely he would be better off being an assistant to someone else and experience another way of doing things.

Having his lips sewn to Dimma’s arsenal for another few years is wasting his time. I can see why Dimma would want him and knowing it’s not going to help Mini get a senior gig and increases the chances of him being with Dimma for another decade.
Who Cares.
Hardwick will learn that club is Just a basket case. The best thing Hardwick could do is trade Anderson back to us.
He Quack Quack and Grigg are all up there to watch each other's backs.
No knives in your back jobs

Reactions: 1 users
Didn't Dimma say he was happy with the coaching set up already at the Suns? Since then he's added Grigg and possibly Mini? Not a great vote of confidence in the existing team.

Even if Dimma's salary was largely out of the soft cap, you'd think the salary that is would be higher than Dew's and Mini won't come cheap as an assistant. Someone at Princes Park has definitely sent up some of their paper bag supplies.
He is happy to *smile* them all out the door..he won't keep flogs in there that will try to sabotage him and back stab him.
I'm surprised King, Miller and Shaw are still there.
They will be gone soon enough

Didn't Dimma say he was happy with the coaching set up already at the Suns? Since then he's added Grigg and possibly Mini? Not a great vote of confidence in the existing team.

Even if Dimma's salary was largely out of the soft cap, you'd think the salary that is would be higher than Dew's and Mini won't come cheap as an assistant. Someone at Princes Park has definitely sent up some of their paper bag supplies.
And Rance.

Reactions: 1 user
Also makes you wonder how out of ideas he was in the last couple of years with us. He doesn’t seem to want to build and foster new relationships with staff.
Yes, CTT.

He's pretty much going to use the same "recipes" on the new sets of ears.
(Minus Bobble and 2Phones!)

Yes, CTT.

He's pretty much going to use the same "recipes" on the new sets of ears.
(Minus Bobble and 2Phones!)
He will try too glove, but there are no generational type players at his disposal.

Player such as Dusty
A Captain such as Trent! !!!!

Let’s see how his ‘cooking’ goes !

my prediction is he wont do well at suns. i felt dimma was a part of a perfect storm at tigerland. a generational player coming into his peak, an insprirational captain who embraced vulnerabilty, some outstanding assistant coaches, combined with a gameplan that he no doubt helped create, culminated in producing one of the greatest eras this club has seen. can that be reproduced? i dont think so. i think it was a right time right place type of scenario

Time will tell

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
my prediction is he wont do well at suns. i felt dimma was a part of a perfect storm at tigerland. a generational player coming into his peak, an insprirational captain who embraced vulnerabilty, some outstanding assistant coaches, combined with a gameplan that he no doubt helped create, culminated in producing one of the greatest eras this club has seen. can that be reproduced? i dont think so. i think it was a right time right place type of scenario

Time will tell
Nailed it. Think we’ll look back and realise we had multiple generational players too plus many other outstanding role players.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Dimma's game plan and culture build is plug and play. Look at what McRae is doing at Collingwood. It's Dimma 2.0. Mini can help him do this.

What the plan is built around on the ground is the following,

Intercepting elite backs, Moore, Rance and the Suns don't have one yet.

A big bodied mid that can go one out in the square on his own. Dusty/DeGoey and the Suns have Bailey Humphrey. Yes, I think he is that good.

A key forward that straightens everything up Riewoldt, Lynch, Brody M kind of and the Suns have King and Walter.

Onballers who run both ways, Suns have Miller, Anderson, Rowell.

I don't think Dimma is wrong in saying most of his side is in place. I think he will do fine and get the Suns into the finals but winning a flag is super hard and not many coaches do it at two clubs.

Reactions: 10 users

Time will tell
Yep. More pressure now than with us. Interesting to see how the media treat him from now on.

The longer the silence on Mini is, the more chance he's gonna stay with us I reckon.

Reactions: 2 users

Time will tell
Double bang!

Time will tell
Mindfulness won us 3 premierships. He fosterd it, and everybody bought in to making us a better place. Its not just the coach, it is everybody.

Mindfulness won us 3 premierships. He fosterd it, and everybody bought in to making us a better place. Its not just the coach, it is everybody.
Was it Hardwick, Cotchin or Dusty’s ( mindfulness coach) that brought this aspect to the club and we ran with it. ?

Who was credited with this?

Everyone slowly from 18 onwards starting applying this philosophy to football.

Does Emma still work with the RFC or is she ‘freelancing’ or her ‘services’ are under-utilised in the AFL landscape.

At our height she would regularly appear on Whateley’s show.

Also someone who was credited and helped Dusty , was Crowe! Where is he now?