Andrew 'Mini' McQualter | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Andrew 'Mini' McQualter

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
*Yeah right:

"Hardwick will be among the higher-paid coaches in the competition, but he is conscious of leaving enough resources to invest in the Suns’ football program, as he was at Richmond, where he was never the highest-paid coach in the league, despite being a three-time premiership coach.

*Two sources familiar with the deal, speaking anonymously to discuss contract matters, said there were not expected to be special AFL payments outside the soft cap."

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Mini thanks for the 10 great years of service you have given to the RFC, good luck with future endeavours.

Reactions: 7 users

Cooper O'Reilly

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 5, 2021
Mini Dimma to Gold Coke confirmed?
Not sure how riding on Dimma's coat tails again does anything to help him get a senior gig. If he really wants to be a senior coach then he should have done what Grigg has done. Go and experience different coaches and styles of footy (Scott & Dimma seems poles apart) and formulate your own style drawing on influences from both.

It also flies in the face of those saying that Mini would have changed the way we play but couldn't because he didn't have a pre-season to do it. Running back to the same bloke you have been under for a decade smakes of a bloke wedded to Dimma and his philosophies and not open to new ideas.

Whilst I'm thankful to Mini for stepping up this year I'm even more thankful that he didn't get the senior job.

• Dislike
Reactions: 10 users

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Not sure how riding on Dimma's coat tails again does anything to help him get a senior gig. If he really wants to be a senior coach then he should have done what Grigg has done. Go and experience different coaches and styles of footy (Scott & Dimma seems poles apart) and formulate your own style drawing on influences from both.

It also flies in the face of those saying that Mini would have changed the way we play but couldn't because he didn't have a pre-season to do it. Running back to the same bloke you have been under for a decade smakes of a bloke wedded to Dimma and his philosophies and not open to new ideas.

Whilst I'm thankful to Mini for stepping up this year I'm even more thankful that he didn't get the senior job.
No offence to Mini Dimma but I'm glad as well. Doesn't come across as an intelligent and thoughtful move at all, qualities of which should be a prerequisite for a head coach.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021

I'm rapt the club went with someone new and with new ideas
Hardwick is covering himself with blokes that won't back stab him and keep the cheques coming in for the next 6yrs.
This is the biggest golden hand shake in AFL history .
This is bigger then Roo's to Melbourne

Reactions: 5 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
10 years at a club is good service so many thanks to Andrew McQ

Reactions: 10 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Id happily go live on the Goldie for 6 years at good coin too with mot much accountability.
That's what he is doing.
I didn't see anything in 11 weeks to say this bloke could coach his own side.
For me he looked like Rhys Shaw in the coaches box.
He knows 300k a year sitting next to bloke that will be there at least the next 5 years that's beautiful. Good luck to him.
I wish i could do it.

• Dislike

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria

I don’t think he really wants the senior gig. Some guys are good at being assistants, and they’re happy with it. McQualter could be one of them.