ARC Appeal | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

ARC Appeal

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
Gaslighting alright. Dimma looked like Ingrid Bergman.... WTF is a tour gonna do??? Sell *smile*?
Dimma got shown Richmond’s free kick count from the last 6 years and got advised we have been getting a great run with these matters, so STFU or we will give you guys a real rough time with things free kick wise.
They got read the AFL (cough, cough, Geeeeeeeelong) riot act.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Forgive me if already discussed, but I just saw this from a couple of days ago, summary of Jon Ralph OTC. Outrageous. I was just starting to get over it. He seems positive it was a point, based on what? He says the goal ump was forced to make a call 'when he had no idea', get stuffed you idiot, again, based on what? What footage? has he interviewed the goal ump?

The goal ump is being thrown under a bus, cannon fodder, white anted, and his contract would stiplulate he can't speak to anyone about it.

Ralph is an idiot and an suckhole AFL yes-man.

And this narrative that the problem was the on-ground call? That was not the problem you brainless clowns. The problem was no conclusive evidence. None, sweet FA.

On top of all that, have we heard anything about Dimma and Livingston's tour of the ARC? I haven't but I might have missed it. The silence is deafening. Geez I wonder why that is? Maybe its because there is no footage, secret or otherwise, that sheds any light on the conclusion?

I'm back to square one in being shitty about it.

Reactions: 3 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Forgive me if already discussed, but I just saw this from a couple of days ago, summary of Jon Ralph OTC. Outrageous. I was just starting to get over it. He seems positive it was a point, based on what? He says the goal ump was forced to make a call 'when he had no idea', get stuffed you idiot, again, based on what? What footage? has he interviewed the goal ump?

The goal ump is being thrown under a bus, cannon fodder, white anted, and his contract would stiplulate he can't speak to anyone about it.

And this narrative that the problem was the on-ground call? That was not the problem you brainless clowns. The problem was no conclusive evidence. None, sweet FA.

On top of all that, have we heard anything about Dimma and Livingston's tour of the ARC? I haven't but I might have missed it. The silence is deafening. Geez I wonder why that is? Maybe its because there is no footage, secret or otherwise, that sheds any light on the conclusion?

Ralph is obviously reinterpreting ‘I think it’s a goal’ as having no idea. If he genuinely had no idea then he would have called for the ARC without saying he thought it was a goal, but wanted to get it checked.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
One on of the other forums, someone mentioned a show on Netflix - Untold (about NBA insider trading by refs, among other things).

I gave it a watch and a few things sounded familiar to me (I am not a tin-foil head but,,,:
- referees not liking particular teams, players or coaches because of previous run ins so blatantly penalising them,
- referees being told to enforce rules against some players but not others (Not Jordan, Shaq…the money makers),
- referees feeding off their power and putting players in their place, just because they can.
hmmmm

The AFL models itself on other professional leagues….probably also on the bad stuff.
Not as far-fetched as some would have you believe.

For those that have forgotten, we had the “whispers in the sky” controversy some years ago where an umpire was allegedly overheard saying “now I know what a win feels like” after Fremantle beat St Kilda in a close and controversial game.

The AFL did end up conducting an investigation into the alleged incident (after it became a big story) but found nothing untoward. The investigation was notable for the AFL integrity officer who fell asleep while interviewing one of the key witnesses! But don’t worry because I’m sure they got the “right results” even though the process was a bit lacking.

Reactions: 2 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003

Can't stand Ralph. biggest AFL suckhole journo out there.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I was in the "wrong process and I have no idea whether it was a goal or not" camp until I saw the video that was posted on here on Tuesday
There isn't anyone who can watch that and still think it was a point

thomas the tiger

Tiger Superstar
Apr 17, 2004
I always thought that when their is a shot on the goal, the field umpire gives his view. The field umpire holds up two hands for a goal , one for a behind. The goal umpire then has the final call.

can anyone confirm this? And if so what did the field umpire call.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I always thought that when their is a shot on the goal, the field umpire gives his view. The field umpire holds up two hands for a goal , one for a behind. The goal umpire then has the final call.

can anyone confirm this? And if so what did the field umpire call.
The field umpire has a third option of “I don’t know” and I think thats indicated by having both hands behind their back.

Sir

Tiger Superstar
Apr 23, 2004
I don't refute any of the passion here - and agree the decision was flawed :mad:

But I also accept that the minute Prestia went down - our finals campaign ended (no Prestia no midfield)

Here's to 2023 (y)(y)(y)

Razorgang2

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 15, 2014
I don't refute any of the passion here - and agree the decision was flawed :mad:

But I also accept that the minute Prestia went down - our finals campaign ended (no Prestia no midfield)

Here's to 2023 (y)(y)(y)
That's why we need/must get the two gee whizz boys.

Reactions: 1 user

taraba

Eat em alive!!!
Jul 27, 2004
Planet Earth
Pressure needs to be put on the AFL to release this footage if it indeed exists. For me this is starting to look like one of the most blatant displays of incompetence in recent history.

Either this footage does not actually exist or the AFL are treating the fans and the club with contempt. Either way this leaves a lot or be desired.

Reactions: 1 users

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Pressure needs to be put on the AFL to release this footage if it indeed exists. For me this is starting to look like one of the most blatant displays of incompetence in recent history.

Either this footage does not actually exist or the AFL are treating the fans and the club with contempt. Either way this leaves a lot or be desired.
The AFL footage doesn't exist because it didn't happen.
The footage on this thread clearly shows a goal.
We were screwed.
Again.

Reactions: 5 users

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty

More to the point why hasn't our club shared what happened the other day? They owe us an explanation more than anyone does.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
More to the point why hasn't our club shared what happened the other day? They owe us an explanation more than anyone does.
Agree. They made a point of publicly announcing they wanted an explanation for their fans. And they do a publicised tour of the ARC. And then nothing? WTF? Gagged? Some sort of behind the scenes agreement not to disrupt the finals series? They can all GF.

Reactions: 5 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
It would be nice if the club gave us an insight into what happened the other day.

But to blame the club for the AFL's screw up is victim blaming. We are asking for an explanation of something the AFL did, we did not make the decision they did.

It is the AFL who need to explain, they are solely responsible for the decision.

I do find it laughable that people here are always going on about how we need to concentrate on what we can control (reasonable in my view) but then seem to claim that the RFC are somehow now responsible for explaining a decision totally out of our control.

It is the AFL who need to explain the decision, not Richmond.

DS

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

Nico

You psychopathological reactionary!
Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
Surely the club is keeping its mouth shut as a courtesy to the remaining finalists. It's not about us atm.

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Surely the club is keeping its mouth shut as a courtesy to the remaining finalists. It's not about us atm.
So if the club has conclusive evidence that it was a goal and announce that after the finals are over what happens? Reckon they should show it to the AFL and negotiate terms of treaty staring with priority draft picks,salary cap increases,and 21 games at the G next season.