are you getting a memebership next year? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

are you getting a memebership next year?

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
rosy3 said:
Warragul Tiger said:
Fair dinkum, I get the feeling that some people here would kick their kids out of home if they had the audacity to disagree with their way of thinking.
Hey Rosy is that legal? Maybe I can do that to the TG when she gets up my nose, or better yet the cartoon supporter when she arcs up at me.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Nah you've gotta keep TG sorry. Tigers fans should stick together. ;D

A Carlton supporting wife is a different story though. ;)

the claw

thufferin thuckertash
Jun 17, 2003
WA
Larrikin if putting my money into the jack dyer foundation instead of a membership puts me on the bandwagon tuff bring on the bandwagon and warragul you have a bad case of tunnel vision and we all know what exercise affects your vision dont we

I started this as a new topic, but it's a continuation of this thread...

You probably know my opinion on whether I'll be renewing in 2004 by now. Hell, of course I will be. But I feel someone should respond to the critisism that some have been giving the RFC, particularly over this matter.

To mongrel_punt, for God's sake renew. We're gonna need it. What's more, you don't want to come back from England to see your beloved club in ruins. The reserved seat isn't necessary, but for the love of God get those membership numbers up. We need you as much as every other single supporter out there...

Crackertiger, the admin DO listen to your point of view. I know that one for a fact. Please, oh please send in your membership ASAP. They need it now. They don't want to get it 6 months later because you want to play your own little game with the club management. Call Casey and tell him your more than disappointed with the choice of coaching staff, but you're the type of member that renews the day you get the notice in the mail. A) He'll listen to you. B) You'll be supporting the club more. and C) He well and truely knows the delemas going on with Frawley, MUCH MORE than you do. We employ him to make these decisions, let him do his job.

To the_claw, your passionate story (unlike other Tiger fans) has astounded me. You talk of 23 years of RFC passion any AFL club would die for. But to not renew in 2004 because of Frawley seems silly. Tell Casey your story, and your troubles. But you've invested 23 years of your life in the best club in the world, and we need you now. Despite what others say, we NEED YOU!!

To Bunnerz - who "will only get a membership if rodgers/king/bidders are out of the club " Do you love the club. I sure as hell do. I don't like a few people (admin AND players) at the club, but this 95 year old club is much, much bigger than any one player, or one team for that matter. I don't give a sh*t who's in this club, my heart is in it, and I will love it til the day I die. And that quote you can set in stone!

Love you Maskedman. Spot on the money

Will you renew in 2004??

Tiggytam said:
Is the pope catholic?

Couldn't have said it better Tiggytam.

To all those who are questioning whether they'll renew in 2004, I've got this to say. The Richmond Football Club is the most fantastic group of people on Earth. They (or better yet, WE) are a group of people who say exactly what we want. If we don't like the coach, we let him (and everone else for that matter) know. At a game, we will scream abuse at opponents until our throats literally disolve, and we don't care. We truely are the most passonate club in the world.

Think of this. There were more than 30,000 at the M.C.G. on Sunday, watching a club finish, at best 12th, in their last game of the season. For all intents and purposes, the game was dead and of no interest to the 'big picture'. But 30,000 people turned up, 25,000 of them supporting a club that hadn't featured in that most important of days in late September for over 20 years.

20 YEARS since success!!! And we're still thought of as the most passionate supporter base in the AFL. What's going to make ME renew in 2004?? The very thought of that one day when we make it (and we will most certainly make it). The one day that will come soon enough, when the M.C.G. and ALL of Melbourne once again hears the magnificient roar of the "YELLOW AND BLACK" that will feel better, and more satisfying than heaven itself. And when that day in late September comes, I will be there. And in the games and heartache in between, I will be there.

That most magnificent of days when the Richmond Football Club, all it's players, administration staff, members, supporters, and all onlookers, scream the Tiger Theme Song. I will be there. And not even God himself will be able to stop the yellow and black flowing through my veins.

Quite Frankly, I'd now be renewing for 2090 (and every year in between) if I could. I'm a Tiger through and through. Are you??

Carn the Tiges, Eat 'em Alive!!

This club means more than money ever could.

For love of the club, TS.

Roar34

I wuv the Tiggers
Aug 10, 2003
Castlemaine
As I wrote in a similar thread today:

now, I might only buy an "On the Bench" membership but, of course, I'll be bloody-well renewing, GO TIGES!!!

the claw

thufferin thuckertash
Jun 17, 2003
WA
TS after such a plea i will take out membership against my better judgement. I truely believe the only way we can get a overhaul of the football department is if enough of us dont take out membership. i really do wish we had more say on how the club is run. Also ts this is a big backflip by me i expect i will cop plenty from some quarters i just hope the club at the very least puts in place a decent youth policy and has the guts to come out and say we will more than likely finish bottom 4.

That's the best news I've herad all week the claw. Congratulations, and I sincerely hope you're not disappointed. What's more, when your 2004 membership expires, the RFC will either a) be a top 4 side, or b) be going into 2005 without Frawley (or both).

I couldn't agree more that the club should listen to its members more, after all we do collectively keep the club alive. But I believe they listen more than most people realise. The fact is that to sack the coach (as the present example) is an enourmous decision, and they have a world of things to consider, some of which we members are aware of, some we are not. And while our opinions must have some weighting, the ultimate decision and the responsibility for the consequences of that decision, rest with the management. They have to make the choices, and they have to live with them.

And finally, I question the loyalty of anyone in here to criticise you for deciding to sign up for 2004, totally regardless of what you've said in the past. This is my club, your club and their club. And we need all the members we can get.

Thanks claw

TS