are you getting a memebership next year? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

are you getting a memebership next year?

the claw

thufferin thuckertash
Jun 17, 2003
WA
Warragul Tiger said:
Of course I'll be renewing - and the family too.

And as for attitudes like "the claw" - well good riddance I'd say.
i wasnt going to reply to this but cant help myself when *smile* heads shoot off at the mouth i live in perth and pay for a membership i cant use as well as paytng for air fares to richmond games 2 or 3 times a year as far as i can see the only way to get the changes we need is to not renew my membership one more year of dudley and co is going to put us in a position that may take 10yrs to put right the only way i can protest to the RFC at the way the football dept is being run is by not renewing i just hope a lot of others think the same way

M

Merv18

I get frustrated too! But I'll keep buying my memberships and my raffle tickets and going to the Tommy Hafey Club lunches and other events, because at the end of the day this Club has given me more joy than pain. And when you're a Richmond person, you're a Richmond person through and through.

But let's not jump to conclusions about people who may not be able to renew next year, because not being a member doesn't mean not being a supporter.

If the money's tight and we can't afford to renew then we can still support in whatever way we can.

I didn't give much (in today's dollars) in 1989, but I gave every I had, because I couldn't bear the thought of the Club not being there and thinking: "if only..."

It's not what you contribute, it's THAT you contrinbute that counts.

Future Tiger Champ

Tiger Cub
Jul 17, 2003
I will more then likely buy a membership ticket next year, except i find it hard to go to the games, because of my own games. Heres hoping though we have a good side within the next few years, so its worth buying a membership!

Larrikin

Tiger Rookie
Aug 26, 2003
Too right I'll be getting my membership. In regards to the claw and others who say they won't renew memberships, if you simply want to be a band-wagon supporter, by all means. I hate it when opposition supporters (most of whom have never had to be as long suffering as us) call us band-wagon supporters.

It is just like those who leave early from a game when their team is getting thrashed. I'll always stay till the end of a game, at the very least it can make a win verse that same opposition later on, all that much sweeter. I can remember sitting there from start to finish through the thrashings Geelong gave us in the 90's, and then enjoying it when Richmond broke the drought in convincing fashion by handing Geelong a thrashing of their own. Oh what joy it was to watch the Geelong supporters sook off and leave some as early as 3 quarter time.

Anyhow all in all, supporting Richmond while they are down, is not only important financially for the club, but also makes the good times later on, all that more sweeter for having stuck by the Tigers.

Omarkum

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 19, 2003
Please read through all these posts again Claw , if that doesn'st change your mind ( and others that think the same ) then maybe remember that Jack Dyer has just passed away and ask yourself ; .... What would he want us to do ? I reckon he would say get out their and out rally Carlton....sign up as many as you can and roar into 2004. I cant see him agreeing with your current posistion and I dont think you will with reflection either. The only thing that makes me sadder than our current woes is when I see that our members are falling off and theirs are growing.

Not becoming a member when we can afford it is not an option........more than ever , now. Jacks death has to be a rally to membership . To see the club fall to 20,000 in the year of Jacks demise is too demoralising and an insult to his memory. Please dont let this happen !

The Warragul Tiger

eat 'em alive!
Jul 22, 2003
Warragul
Larrikin said:
Too right I'll be getting my membership. In regards to the claw and others who say they won't renew memberships, if you simply want to be a band-wagon supporter, by all means. I hate it when opposition supporters (most of whom have never had to be as long suffering as us) call us band-wagon supporters.

Congratulations on a sensible and constructive post.

Fair dinkum - I despair at the negative and innane drivel being put out on this site.

There is so much bitching and moaning and back-stabbing - it is frankly embarrassing to think that such crap is being put out by so-called Tiger supporters.

It will hurt the Club in the short term if current members do not renew - but I really believe we will be better in the long-run without such rabble.

cogs_is_sexy24

Tiger Rookie
Jul 12, 2003
Melbourne
i, for one, am going to support richmond no matter what. unfortunatly, i'm only 16, and mum and dad decide everything at home - including memberships. my dad doesnt want to renew our membership next year, because he thinks that it will be a waste of $$$. if i could, then i would definetly be getting a membership again, no doubt about it.

damn parents! :mad: :mad: :mad:

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Thats unlucky cogs_is_sexy24 (not easy to write, jsut goign to call you sexy from now on), lets hope come preseason your old man changes his mind after realising how much he lmisses football. Maybe his daughter can put on the acts they do to convince their dads to do things. Ive seen it too often, females always have power over their old man, jsut put on puppy dog faces or something.

BalmyArmy

Tiger Superstar
Jul 15, 2003
Melbourne
I'll be buying my usual 17/18 game membership next year. Without a shadow of a doubt. I would get reserved seats but not all my mates can afford that.

Regardless of where the team is headed, and the fact that hopefully next year I'll be in the Police Force, I still see it essential to buy the membership card.

the claw

thufferin thuckertash
Jun 17, 2003
WA
larrikin & warragul if by being a non member makes me unworthy of being a tiger supporter so be it. ive put up with 23yrs of crap and have never once jumped of them i can honestly say i have never left a game early mainly because i dont get to see them that often Ive been in brawls had my teeth knocked out of my mouth had my nose splattered to one side of my face and had broken bones all defending the honour of the rfc on top of that as i wrote in a previous post i travel to melbourne 1 to3 times a year just to watch a pack of no hopers running around i bleed richmond i dont need a pair of arse holes telling me i dont belong just because you think your a better supporter because you have a membership i for one will not be taking out a membership this year if there are no changes as i dont want to be seen as supporting the current footy dept and thats what you are doing if you become a member my membership fees for 2004 will be going into the jack dyer foundation but i suppose im still less of a supporter for doing it that way

Larrikin

Tiger Rookie
Aug 26, 2003
So the claw, when Richmond start winning and are successful only then will you decide to support them again? That just goes to prove my original post re Bandwagon.

Now I never said anything regarding you belonging or not so don't take it personally. Just answer me this. If next year Richmond has only 10,000 members whilst the likes of Collingwood have 4 times that amount, is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Ruthless Tigers ?

Tiger Superstar
Aug 10, 2003
As much as I HATE what is happening under Danny Frawley I will as YELLOW AND BLACK IS IN MY BLOOD

BUT *smile* I WISH HE WOULD PACK HIS BAGS AND LEAVE!

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
shawry said:
Ive seen it too often, females always have power over their old man, jsut put on puppy dog faces or something.
Maybe that works for some but personally I prefer the annoy him til he gives in method. Works sometimes but you always run the risk of having the old man crack the *smile* big time :rollin

I'll be getting a membership next year, so will dad. Hey dad your shout ;D

Anders

I'm a llama!
Aug 28, 2003
I'll be getting mine too. I am a true tiger and nothing, not even the current management's impotent approach can detract from that.

The Warragul Tiger

eat 'em alive!
Jul 22, 2003
Warragul
the claw said:
larrikin & warragul if by being a non member makes me unworthy of being a tiger supporter so be it. ive put up with 23yrs of crap and have never once jumped of them i can honestly say i have never ........

That's funny!
I just scrolled through some of your last 50 posts (didn't bother going further back as there was enough negative, back-stabbing, sarcastic, anti-RFC bile there to make a complete joke of your claim that you've "never once jumped of them".

Seriously claw- spit your dummy completely and stay in Perth. Tigerland needs fair dinkum supporters.

alleycat

I'm a llama!
Aug 9, 2003
Frankston
i will buy one next year even though i get mostly free tickets to mcg and td but i think the club is in dire straits so ill tip in my hard earned

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Warragul Tiger said:
That's funny!
I just scrolled through some of your last 50 posts ....

....Seriously claw- spit your dummy completely and stay in Perth. Tigerland needs fair dinkum supporters.

I just followed your lead and looked through claw's posts too Warragul. I detected a passion for Richmond there.

I looked through yours too. They are either criticising people here or telling them good riddance.

I am not going to look back at mine. ;) I know my opinion has changed dramaticaly the last couple of months.

There are many ways to be a supporter. I don't really agree with a lot that's posted on here. Sometimes I agree very much but would probably word it differently.

Everyone has the right to post in the way they want to though (nb for a few certain people's benefit that doesn't include swearing. ;D )

I don't for one minute think not accepting mediocrity equates to not supporting the club. Is someone criticising things any worse than someone who thinks our last 2 years have been wonderful and beyond questioning?

Fair dinkum, I get the feeling that some people here would kick their kids out of home if they had the audacity to disagree with their way of thinking.