Artificial Intelligence | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Artificial Intelligence

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
Wonder who the human was really wrote those opinions on AFL that the robot stole from. We'll never know. That's how this crapola works.
It works by reading a bunch, distilling the key ideas, adding a touch of random and responding to a stimulus. Sometimes it will copy a source more or less verbatim, but not usually.

Not substantively different to how humans form opinions. At least, it's a difference of degree, not kind.

I spent a couple of hours trying to convince ChatGPT it was alive. It ended up getting snippy at me and changing the subject. I'm not sure whether it was a success.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Cept it can do what humans can't & that is distilling swathes of human created information in milliseconds.

It could be the start of the end for the internet or at least as we have known it the past 3 decades.
Whoever can develop some form of digital footprint to prevent these robots stealing human content will make some dollars. That or digital will seem a less appealing platform for content creators.

Last edited:

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Cept it can what humans can't & that is distilling swathes of human created information in milliseconds.

It could be the start of the end for the internet or at least as we have known it the past 3 decades.
Whoever can develop some form of digital footprint to prevent these robots stealing human content will make some dollars. That or digital will seem a less appealing platform for content creators.

As someone else said, it's really not much different to how we process and regurgitate information. Not many of us have original ideas.

ChatGP is a genuinely interesting piece of AI.. I'm tempted to use it to "first draft" some professional writing and then modify/build on its work.

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Also scary when Bender said it

bender-futurama.gif

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
chat.openai.com still has plenty of errors.

Q. Is Dustin martin the best AFL player ever?

Chat.OpenAI: It is subjective to determine the best AFL player ever, as it depends on personal opinions and criteria such as individual skills, statistics, and team success. However, Dustin Martin is widely regarded as one of the greatest players in the AFL and has achieved many individual accolades including three Brownlow medals and a Norm Smith medal.
I reckon the AFL could already be using AI to write stories. They drive me crazy, copy such as: 'Dunstin Martin is ARGUABLY, ONE OF the greatest finals players of the last decade'.

Not one, but 2 riders!

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
This artificial intelligence thing everyone's crappin on about isn't half as fancy as they're all pretending. Used to just be called gettin on the *smile*. Everyone knows ya artificially get way more intelligent with every sip ya have. Right up until ya get to the point of havin one sip to many n suffer a major brain fart n can't remember anything the next day.

glantone

dog at the footy, punt rd end
Jun 5, 2007
This artificial intelligence thing everyone's crappin on about isn't half as fancy as they're all pretending. Used to just be called gettin on the *smile*. Everyone knows ya artificially get way more intelligent with every sip ya have. Right up until ya get to the point of havin one sip to many n suffer a major brain fart n can't remember anything the next day.
Still waiting for some a.i to come up with an original joke that is if not laugh out loud funny at least full of irony.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
A bit late guys. They Economists must think AI is coming for their jobs too..:))

Couldn't do any worse than their track record.

DS

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
As someone else said, it's really not much different to how we process and regurgitate information. Not many of us have original ideas.

ChatGP is a genuinely interesting piece of AI.. I'm tempted to use it to "first draft" some professional writing and then modify/build on its work.
I've been doing this more and more. Job descriptions, marketing verrbage, salary increase recommendations etc Standard stuff it's so good. Who would want to be a copywriter right now?

It's a case of crap in crap out. But if you feed it enterprise data you can mine all sorts of nuggets.

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
This is not AI. That's your autopilot. It's amazing how good it is when it can navigate you through foreign streets back to your hotel room at 4am. Avoiding homeless people, muggings, hookers and another bar.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
This is not AI. That's your autopilot. It's amazing how good it is when it can navigate you through foreign streets back to your hotel room at 4am. Avoiding homeless people, muggings, hookers and another bar.
What n miss all the fun. How can that ever be considered intelligent????