Artificial Intelligence | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Artificial Intelligence

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Can't wait for someone to create AI Milli Vanilli

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

glantone

dog at the footy, punt rd end
Jun 5, 2007
For those who dont mind living in denial she's ok. Totally delusional foreplay.
No heart beat, no soul - just bells and whistles. Give me a scrubber with a pulse any day.

On a serious note, when it comes to A.I the human species as we know it is probably doomed.

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Write an AI model to warm the fairer sex up on Tinder. Your avatar could do the work whilst you slept or watched footy. It's life, Jim, but not as we know it.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Write an AI model to warm the fairer sex up on Tinder. Your avatar could do the work whilst you slept or watched footy. It's life, Jim, but not as we know it.

then you just need a robotic, handsome AI to go on the dates for you. And then your AI and her AI (or his, no discrimination here) can have sex. You don't need to do anything!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
then you just need a robotic, handsome AI to go on the dates for you. And then your AI and her AI (or his, no discrimination here) can have sex. You don't need to do anything!
The good ones can experience the utter awkwardness and inadequate real me!!

• Love

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne

Come on Ant, get with the programme - his, hers or theirs!

DS

• Haha

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
The parameters it uses are multiplying exponentially. It can write its own code to improve itself.

Someone asked me the other day, 'where will it end?'

I said when the good Terminator comes from the future to protect Sarah Conner from the evil Terminator so she can give birth to john Conner and either lead a rebel army to beat it in the future or take out the inventor of chat GPT before she invents it.

• Haha

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
The parameters it uses are multiplying exponentially. It can write its own code to improve itself.

Someone asked me the other day, 'where will it end?'

I said when the good Terminator comes from the future to protect Sarah Conner from the evil Terminator so she can give birth to john Conner and either lead a rebel army to beat it in the future or take out the inventor of chat GPT before she invents it.
An interesting question to ask an AI program :)

Reactions: 2 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
So a fair few, maybe a majority, of the key creators and developers of AI reckon its an existential threat and we should hit the brakes fast. Very interesting, and a bit scary.

Born_a_Tiger78

Tiger Rookie
Jul 16, 2008
So a fair few, maybe a majority, of the key creators and developers of AI reckon its an existential threat and we should hit the brakes fast. Very interesting, and a bit scary.
I did the best part of a computer science degree in and around the late 90's (Swinburne bistro & Governor Hotham Hotel).

One subject was AI. The lecturer said, that there could be issues in the future, as the data gathered via the algorithms could "teach" new algorithms to be better versions of themselves. And as a result, there would be a less intelligent population.

I chose not to follow the IT career path, and went on to study construction management, where one of the lecturers , from the olden days, suggested that technology has made people dumber. His reasoning was that before mobile phones, people would need to think through an issue themselves, rather than just asking someone else for the answer.

I think the teachings of both lecturers were right. There's no point providing an answer to a question, if you don't understand it.

I'm teaching my kids to think about the question, understand it, form an opinion or solution and provide the answer. If they can't, I'll help them back through stages 1 & 2.

This was not written by a robot.

Reactions: 3 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I did the best part of a computer science degree in and around the late 90's (Swinburne bistro & Governor Hotham Hotel).

One subject was AI. The lecturer said, that there could be issues in the future, as the data gathered via the algorithms could "teach" new algorithms to be better versions of themselves. And as a result, there would be a less intelligent population.

I chose not to follow the IT career path, and went on to study construction management, where one of the lecturers , from the olden days, suggested that technology has made people dumber. His reasoning was that before mobile phones, people would need to think through an issue themselves, rather than just asking someone else for the answer.

I think the teachings of both lecturers were right. There's no point providing an answer to a question, if you don't understand it.

I'm teaching my kids to think about the question, understand it, form an opinion or solution and provide the answer. If they can't, I'll help them back through stages 1 & 2.

This was not written by a robot.

Construction lecturer was right. I'm in IT and have been for nearly 40years now. My teams today can't solve a new problem unless they can find it on google, an online knowledgebase, or StackOverflow/ServerFault. The art of fault finding has almost gone. Process of Elimination is a foreign concept to them. Gone are the days of wading through 3inch thick manuals looking for clues.

The downside for them though is soon when tools like ChatGPT can provide more current and complex answers, my boss will be asking me why I need so many people.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Hollywood grinds to a halt.

The creative industries have been targeted first but if they can replace human creatives with AI then not many other industries will be protected. Ideas are everything.

We’re going to see a lot of industrial strike action in the years to come. Will your job be next?..

Reactions: 1 users