Assistant Coaches | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Assistant Coaches

It's disappointing to see Blake go. He is obviously very good tactically and you only have to listen to players like Lambert talk about him to know how highly they rate him.
Quite possibly the only player I’ve heard that’s mentioned him . Emma Murray had a greater impact on the group , I hope she’s contracted

Chicken and egg. The question here is, “who is the architect and who is the builder?”

I will get concerned when Benny Gale moves on. He is the driver of the cultural change that has swept the organisation. As long as Gale gets the culture right, Hardwick does his thing, Caracella does his thing, McRae does his thing, Balme does his thing, Cotchin does his thing, Matt Clarke does his thing, so does Hartley and on it goes.

We will be good as long as the culture is good, just like in days gone by, when we were bad, because the culture was bad. The people and the jobs don’t matter. We have survived the loss of many “right-hand men” over the last few years, Wayne Campbell, Craig Cameron, Leppitsch for two years, Rutten. All gone. All replaced by others who embraced the culture.

Culture is the driver. Ours is strong enough to survive individuals moving on occasionally. By and large, most don’t want to anyway.

Great post, TOT
The culture that RFC has built and developed in recent years is the driving force behind recent success.
While Caracella may be a bit of a whizz at tactics etc, don't for one moment dismiss the importance of Hardwick and the manner in which he has brought this group into being a tight knit unit.
The players love Dimma and there is no doubt (in my mind at least) that is a huge driving and motivating force for the players.

Reactions: 1 users
Next Club80 sounds like an absolute cracker including special guest Mervyn Keane. Can’t recommend it enough. Informative and great value. Get on board

What does Club 80 involve DA? I've heard bit and pieces about it on this forum but don't know exactly what it entails.

Quite possibly the only player I’ve heard that’s mentioned him . Emma Murray had a greater impact on the group , I hope she’s contracted
So what happened to Emma in 2016 we stunk it up bad that year. (Emma started at Richmond in 2015)

A good Psychologist can't overcome poor game plan so suggesting that Emma's impact is greater than Blake's is just rubbish.

Reactions: 1 user
Lifted from the announcement ......

'He has worked alongside the Tigers' football boss Neil Balme at all three of his coaching stops, after Balme also recruited him to the Magpies as a player for the 2005 season.'

Simply put..... With Balmey = Success (66%)
Without Balmey = Failure (100%)

What does Club 80 involve DA? I've heard bit and pieces about it on this forum but don't know exactly what it entails.

fund raiser for the footy club that started in 2000, all money we raise goes to our NGA, ( previously was footy dept) we have donated over $300k over the years

If interested, send me your email address via PM & I will add you to our mailing list

They must have offered him heaps of dough as I think him leaving is pretty odd.

Next Club80 sounds like an absolute cracker including special guest Mervyn Keane. Can’t recommend it enough. Informative and great value. Get on board
With it been the possible final event of the year it’s too good a line up to not make the trip down for, see you there

I don't. Many people need a change of environment and a new challenge now and then. He might feel that he's acheived what he wants to acheive here. He might actually feel that he's learned something from Dimma and the other coaches as well as giving us his undoubted tactical knowledge. He might want to go back to where it all started - the Bombers. It's bizarre to us, I know, but don't estimate the power of going back to your first professional club where he had success. He might be being groomed for the senior role after Woosha. We just don't know.

It doesn't have to be a falling out, a problem, about money or a conspiracy. People move on, it's normal.

Reactions: 2 users

Cookie monster just said they offered him a lot of money, and we aren't happy about it but aren't prepared to match it.

So what happened to Emma in 2016 we stunk it up bad that year. (Emma started at Richmond in 2015)

A good Psychologist can't overcome poor game plan so suggesting that Emma's impact is greater than Blake's is just rubbish.
Needed Balmey on board to join all the dots , dont over play his role ober 5-6 other factors that shaped our. 2017 campaign , it’s patently absurd

Balmey coming on board
New recruits Nank , Prestia and caddy
Leppa inventing the small forward line
Emma Murray helping dusty find his nirvana and threading the group together
Dimma and cotch leadership
Caracella and his ball movement

That’s some perspective on the recipe for a resurgent Richmond FC

Interesting to hear Caro ask Judd about Carltons approach to Hardwicks manager (Connors) about his contract status.
You know you're a strong club when everyone wants to rape and pillage you.
Speaking to my Essendon source, huge money coming from the druggos, they tried last year.
A coterie group is white acting the coach.
Daniher talks are definitely happening re:swans.

People in business at this level rarely leave for money, they leave because they want a new challenge or opportunity. So they won't stay if you match or even offer an increase on the offer.

What if essendon misses the finals this year? The pressure will be so great for their existing coach. Blake gets the assistance job then no 1 coach. For Richardson (the tiger defector) bringing over the Truck and Blake is not the blue print for a premiership. You need quality players and a coach who did it hard for years and changed to embrace the team and club.

Reactions: 1 users
Let’s move on from Caracella.

Thinking more about it we have the perfect replacement right under our noses - Grigg. His footy IQ is next level. Pure tactician.

Reactions: 3 users