Assistant Coaches | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Assistant Coaches

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
A couple of weeks back when the AFL360 with King and Maclure were on discussing coaching moves. I think it was Maclure who said Blake to Essendon. I remember thinking then that Robbo didn't go into his usual over the top reaction when he hears something he hadn't heard before. I just put it down to him being drunk, but now I reckon the industry have known about this move, or the makings off it, for some time.

Which would in turn mean Benny and Balme would have been out in the market scouting/approaching the replacement for a while now.

Reactions: 1 user

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
A couple of weeks back when the AFL360 with King and Maclure were on discussing coaching moves. I think it was Maclure who said Blake to Essendon. I remember thinking then that Robbo didn't go into his usual over the top reaction when he hears something he hadn't heard before. I just put it down to him being drunk, but now I reckon the industry have known about this move, or the makings off it, for some time.

Which would in turn mean Benny and Balme would have been out in the market scouting/approaching the replacement for a while now.
I’d say we have one locked in Baloo, Benny and Balmey don’t miss a beat, makes me think we have a coach that’s team is in the finals , I know plenty don’t want Voss, however the Leppa convection just makes me think his a possibility

• Angry
Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I’d say we have one locked in Baloo, Benny and Balmey don’t miss a beat, makes me think we have a coach that’s team is in the finals , I know plenty don’t want Voss, however the Leppa convection just makes me think his a possibility

Hope you're right that the replacement is currently coaching. I still fear the thought of Chuckles at PRO

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Hope you're right that the replacement is currently coaching. I still fear the thought of Chuckles at PRO
I do too, I’d say if he is coming will no very soon, I’m not a fan , however B & B know a lot more about footy then me. He may well be one of those very good assistants who are not up to steering the ship themselves

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
I reckon we should get knights, offence was he strength at the bombers when we was coach, so dimma on defence and kinghts on offence should be a good balance.

I agree Halsey. Would be a good fit. Proved he can work as an assistant but would have his own ideas and advocate for them. Not a good omen for Bachar though!

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I do too, I’d say if he is coming will no very soon, I’m not a fan , however B & B know a lot more about footy then me. He may well be one of those very good assistants who are not up to steering the ship themselves

True. We have a prime example of one in Leppa.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005

Port no certainty to make finals. Are you talking about Geelong?

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Can the Carlton coach also be an assistant at Richmond? Pagan told the story on the front Bar that he was appointed North coach pretty hush hush and he still turned up to coach another side while North coach. I reckon Vossy could handle both responsibilities.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Isn't Port's problem connection inside 50? What is Vossy's role there?

Edit

In charge of developing the Power's elite midfielders, Voss is an important part in the club's coaching panel and works closely with Ken Hinkley in developing Port Adelaide's exciting game plan. With the departure of long-standing senior assistant Matthew Nicks, Voss will take over the mantle in 2019.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Why wouldn't we match the offer when blake was doing a fantastic job at the club.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
It amazes me how strong an opinion people have about someone they have seen almost nothing of.

Understand it with players because everyone can see them play and make their own judgements but with coaches and assistant coaches 95% of what they do is out of sight of almost everyone.
Agree. I assume you a referring to everyone’s meltdown of getting Bolton?