Assistant Coaches | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Assistant Coaches

Can’t believe he is still at the club.
I would have him gone.

Reactions: 1 users
Needed Balmey on board to join all the dots , dont over play his role ober 5-6 other factors that shaped our. 2017 campaign , it’s patently absurd

Balmey coming on board
New recruits Nank , Prestia and caddy
Leppa inventing the small forward line
Emma Murray helping dusty find his nirvana and threading the group together
Dimma and cotch leadership
Caracella and his ball movement

That’s some perspective on the recipe for a resurgent Richmond FC

lines 1-3 and 6 are all 2017 related
lines 2-3 were already in place in 2015 so what went wrong in 2016?

My understanding is that clubs usually don't stand in the way of assistant coaches leaving to further their careers.

My understanding is that clubs usually don't stand in the way of assistant coaches leaving to further their careers.

yep. And forcing someone to stay against their will because they signed a contract generally doesn't give you good results.

We should have asked the Druggies to buy Blake’s contract out. At least make some cash out of it.

Couple of things above spark my curiousity:
Grigg as an assistant - we know Dimma rates him.
Something more to this story? Maybe ... is there some dirt? he'd be gone if there was ..
Is it furthering his career? I dunno that it is ... more coin sure, but if he's eyeing the Druggoes head coach gig he's a mercenary..

Reactions: 1 user
Yep left for the money and perhaps the senior gig knowing dimma aint moving.

Next year the might else well take hardwick

Pitt they have a list shitter then our reserves.
Good luck Blake teaching Merritt Zakakakas and Stringer to run 2 ways...

Next year the might else well take hardwick

Pitt they have a list shitter then our reserves.
Good luck Blake teaching Merritt Zakakakas and Stringer to run 2 ways...

Good luck blake trying to teach Merritt zakakakas and Stringer to run 2 ways.
He better hope the moneys good because taking a job at essendon its like going into the twilight zone, you will disappear into the Abyss

Just looking back at Caracella's coaching career. He left the pies at the end of 09. the won the flag in 2010. he arrived at the reigning premiers, Geelong, who then promptly lost.
He was part of C.Scott's coaching panel, in charge of a team widely regarded as coaching itself (at least when it suits CScott baggers). They won on 2011, then started to slide.
He came to a Richmond team that prior to 2016 was clearly on the improve. 2016 was a disaster. 2017 we jumped straight back up after a raft of changes.

Clearly Caracella has had no positive impact anywhere he has gone, and we are probably lucky to be rid of him.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Essendon has now opened an office at PRO for convenience to interview our staff. Richardson, Rutten and now caracella. They say imitation is the best form of flattery.

Caracella is Worsfold's replacement should he slip up imo.

Reactions: 2 users
I think Bombers asked Rutten why they weren't playing like Richmond yet and he said...ummm.....aaah..... Holler for a Caracella!!

Super big loss. Shouldn't affect our established players and game style short tomid term but going forward we will be back to using templates (off someone else's laptops) rather than creating our own unless we find a like for like which will be difficult.

As everyone at the club understands for all his strengths at culture and player management, Dimma don't do offence very well.

I think Bombers asked Rutten why they weren't playing like Richmond yet and he said...ummm.....aaah..... Holler for a Caracella!!

Super big loss. Shouldn't affect our established players and game style short tomid term but going forward we will be back to using templates (off someone else's laptops) rather than creating our own unless we find a like for like which will be difficult.

As everyone at the club understands for all his strengths at culture and player management, Dimma don't do offence very well.
I reckon we should get knights, offence was he strength at the bombers when we was coach, so dimma on defence and kinghts on offence should be a good balance.

Smart move by Blake. If he can get big bucks as an assistant he can continue in that role, build his rep and allows him to pick or bide his time for a senior gig. There is no guarantee you succeed as a head coach for a variety of reasons some intrinsic, some extrinsic. Then again if he can get big bucks without the angst of head coach he may just cash in as an assistant.

Reckon Hymie was in someone's ear about this . Been banging on about getting Worsfold tactical support for a while.

For Blake similar assignment to Richmond. Loosen up the tactically constipated head coach.