Assistant Coaches | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Assistant Coaches

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Sorry Tigertool!

They need to be told today their clubs intentions is how I should have worded it.

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Quality assistants will carefully manage every move to prolong their career within afl ranks , once tainted with a stint at the likes of blues. GC , saints or even the lions up until more recent times then good luck getting another gig. It’s not as simple as taking a job for a few more lousy bucks , Caracalla has carefully timed his moves from Coll to cats to tigers with decent stints at each , I’d expect that to continue unless a senior job emerged which is highly unlikely , you never say never though

Gazmatron

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 23, 2013
Ghost of 29 said:
If we lose Caracella, move Leppa into that strategy role and get Sam Mitchell as a line coach.
I can recall on a number of occasions Dimma has said that the player most likely coach is Grigg be interesting to see next year what he does

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Brett Ratten leaving the Hawks not sure if he already has a new home, however he’d be a great get I’d imagine, not that I’d change our group unless somebody leaves.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Ghost of 29 said:
If we lose Caracella, move Leppa into that strategy role and get Sam Mitchell as a line coach.

*smile* Mitchell go after Knights or Prescott or McKellar

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
Mr Brightside said:
Brett Ratten leaving the Hawks not sure if he already has a new home, however he’d be a great get I’d imagine, not that I’d change our group unless somebody leaves.

Keep well clear of people who have been through Carlton. Overrated is Ratten. IMO.

tigers1980

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 24, 2012
Gazmatron said:
I can recall on a number of occasions Dimma has said that the player most likely coach is Grigg be interesting to see next year what he does
If we go back to back, I expect he will retire and move into some playing/player development with the Richmond VFL side in 2019.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Caro on Classified going with Caracella and Leppa will sign 2 year extensions this week.

Broders

Tiger Superstar
Jul 29, 2012
zippadeee said:
Mitchell go after Knights or Prescott or McKellar

I hope to see Chris Newman return one day. He captained well during a very difficult period and the players credit him with setting the foundation of our ‘Richmond Man’ culture.

He seems to develop very strong relationships much like Dimma and I’m hoping he develops the tactical nous of a Caracalla

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Broders said:
I hope to see Chris Newman return one day. He captained well during a very difficult period and the players credit him with setting the foundation of our ‘Richmond Man’ culture.

He seems to develop very strong relationships much like Dimma and I’m hoping he develops the tactical nous of a Caracalla
I was wondering whether, with the debate about Mitchell returning to Melbourne, if he might be planning to join Richmond. Given the Hardwick-Clarkson relationship and Newy going to Hawthorn to do his apprenticeship, this might have been the plan all along for Mitchell.

Just speculating.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Nomorewaiting said:
Confirmed?

Great news. Was a little concerned.

Not confirmed, just Caro going for an exclusive, so hopefully on the money, she seemed pretty confident.